Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Stranger
Sean
SBSP
Eriksen
Theo Filippo
Eternal Witcher
FCB
vel
El_indian
Free_Mustache_Rides
Grenade
Novi
Dagbon
Clark
ResurrectionRooney
Moose
Glen Miller
Ra's al Ghul
dena
Jordi
Vela
Mason
Roloman4
Jordan Henderchip
mauro95
Mason19294828838822
30 posters

Chat Thread

Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Chat Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:34 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:Transmetropolitan and Y the Last Man are both dystopias of sorts. Both are about 10 volumes each, though. For stuff with anti-heroes (not sure if they'd exactly be called superheroes) you could check out Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, the aforementioned Punisher (PunisherMax is probably the most famous) or any of Mike Mignola's Hellboy material. I'm sure you're already fully aware of the really famous ones like Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen but on the off chance that you're not then they're obviously essentials. Oh, and V for Vendetta obviously.
    Thanks for the recommendations. Yeah I've read Hellboy, Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns (+Year One, Strikes Back, The Killing Joke and a few other Batman ones) and V for Vendetta.

I always keep meaning to read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen so I'll give that a go. Transmetropolitan (now I know where you EA username is from  Laughing  )Hellblazer, Swamp Thing and Y the Last Man look pretty good so I'll try them.

Are you into anything like Ghost World/Maus/Palestine?

I read Maus many years back and literally just bought Palestine last week. Going to read it and I'll try to get Footnotes in Gaza as well if I can find it here. I know of Ghost World but I've never read it. I don't know if you've heard of Persepolis but that's another one that has strong political undertones which I've read. I really disliked it, though.

-------

http://www.the-playmaker.com/viewtopic.forum?t=16216

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:24 am