Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Ra's al Ghul
Keyser Söze
Scott_LFC
Novi
Mason19294828838822
9 posters

Manchester City v Wigan Athletic

Scott_LFC

Manchester City v Wigan Athletic - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester City v Wigan Athletic

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:45 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:There's a way to independently verify one way or the other with a pretty high degree of certainty whether Scott's telling the truth or full of it.  It doesn't involve any LinkedIn profiles or anything that could easily be faked by anyone on here, nor anything that could be photoshopped or faked like a degree certificate.

Out of respect for Scott's privacy I'm not sharing it now, but if he'd like me to share it -  to expose Keyser Soze as a fake LinkedIn making obsessive - then I'm more than happy to.  What do you say?

You have a PM.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Manchester City v Wigan Athletic - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester City v Wigan Athletic

Post by Glen Miller Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:46 am

SBSP wrote:Wigan. cheers
    Please stay on topic.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:51 am

Agreed. Our best chance to win a trophy in years. bounce 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:52 am

The Zlatan wrote:

It's not even just a "best chance". It's pretty much a guaranteed FA Cup win. Must feel good after all this time.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:53 am

I don't know if it counts as a trophy, but the Carling Cup final against Birmingham might have been a better chance.  I think Hull could be annoying opponents in the final, especially if the referee "let's things go."
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:54 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:

It's not even just a "best chance". It's pretty much a guaranteed FA Cup win. Must feel good after all this time.

I'm not counting chickens yet.  Laughing 

We're huge favourites but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we did something to fuck it up.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:57 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

We're huge favourites but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we did something to fuck it up.

There's no way in hell that you'll lose to Wigan or Hull/Sheffield United. It would be a fuck-up of catastrophic proportions, if you did managed to fuck it up Laughing
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:59 am

Moriarty wrote:I don't know if it counts as a trophy, but the Carling Cup final against Birmingham might have been a better chance.  I think Hull could be annoying opponents in the final, especially if the referee "let's things go."

At the time it was, but I think with the progression the team has made since then we're more likely to do something now.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 am

Moriarty wrote:I don't know if it counts as a trophy, but the Carling Cup final against Birmingham might have been a better chance.  I think Hull could be annoying opponents in the final, especially if the referee "let's things go."

I think that Birmingham side was pretty good at the time, better than this Hull side. They only turned awful after the Carling Cup victory but before that they were known as difficult team to play against, had a brilliant defensive record and finished 10th the season before that. They were the typical team Arsenal hate to play. Although, Bruce is a better manager than McLeish.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:02 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:

There's no way in hell that you'll lose to Wigan or Hull/Sheffield United. It would be a fuck-up of catastrophic proportions, if you did managed to fuck it up Laughing

I hope not, but Man City were more or less in a similar position today with Wigan - and then they lost.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:03 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

I hope not, but Man City were more or less in a similar position today with Wigan - and then they lost.

I reckon that's the giant killing out of the way. Would be so shocked if they managed to do it twice.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:05 am

Even if we do win the FA cup I'd still be disappointed if we didn't finish at least 3rd.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:08 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:

I reckon that's the giant killing out of the way. Would be so shocked if they managed to do it twice.

Me too, I think we'll get to the final. It's Hull or Sheffield United that worry me.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:09 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Even if we do win the FA cup I'd still be disappointed if we didn't finish at least 3rd.

I wouldn't be too disappointed but I know what you mean.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Even if we do win the FA cup I'd still be disappointed if we didn't finish at least 3rd.

Yeah, I wouldn't be inconsolable or anything but looking at the League irrespective of the FA Cup it'd be a disappointment to finish 4th again even after leading for most of the season.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:18 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't be inconsolable or anything but looking at the League irrespective of the FA Cup it'd be a disappointment to finish 4th again even after leading for most of the season.    

Yeah, the target should be 3rd as a minimum I think. It's a great opportunity this season with the absence of Man Utd and the changes at Man City and Chelsea. Liverpool and Tottenham are in that similar position with 4th place, a great opportunity. Saying that though Liverpool have exceeded all expectations so far.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:21 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Yeah, the target should be 3rd as a minimum I think. It's a great opportunity this season with the absence of Man Utd and the changes at Man City and Chelsea. Liverpool and Tottenham are in that similar position with 4th place, a great opportunity. Saying that though Liverpool have exceeded all expectations so far.
    I'm hoping Man City have a collapse or a least a little dip in form like past Carling Cup winners have had. That might open up the slim possibility of finishing 2nd which would be excellent combined with the FA Cup.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:29 am

Scott I've replied to your Private Message.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:32 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:

I'm hoping Man City have a collapse or a least a little dip in form like past Carling Cup winners have had. That might open up the slim possibility of finishing 2nd which would be excellent combined with the FA Cup.

I personally don't think we're out of the title race just yet, if we can get a bit of luck with results and a consistent run going then we'll be around till the end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 5:57 am