Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Bye_Ya
Ra's al Ghul
limerickcitykid
Jorlung
El Jefe
Jordan Henderchip
Zzonked
luke.
Forest
Theo Filippo
ShakerMatty
Cam
Carlos Jenkinson
Uncle John from Jamaica
Mal
crump
20 posters

The University Discussion Thread

luke.
    luke.

The University Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The University Discussion Thread

Post by luke. Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:51 am

I thought you meant the Queens in Belfast, whoops. shifty
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

The University Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The University Discussion Thread

Post by limerickcitykid Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:10 am

Jorlung wrote:Just applied today to Queens University, McMasters University and Waterloo University for mechanical engineering (Mech & materials for queens) in all three. Not that any of you know where the hell they are, but whatever.
    Kingston, Hamilton and Waterloo. I live in Canada too. Any other people going to Canadian universities? A lot of you seem to be the same age here as well.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 am

Pretty sure it's only you, me, and that other TFC fan that hasn't been on for ages that are Canadian.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:57 am

I am going from Public Services to Business Management, I am starting to get nervous that I will not get a Uni place because of this Sad

I am predicted the highest marks which are a good 40-80 UCAS points against their asking offer.

I also talked about my passion for business, studying books to gain knowledge and been in the young apprentice, will I haev a chance?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:19 am

crump wrote:I am going from Public Services to Business Management, I am starting to get nervous that I will not get a Uni place because of this Sad

I am predicted the highest marks which are a good 40-80 UCAS points against their asking offer.

I also talked about my passion for business, studying books to gain knowledge and been in the young apprentice, will I haev a chance?

Sounds bare superficial rofl

Like "Yeh I read books n shit, dey ite, I also watch dem shows like where my man talks about animals and all that shit"
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:21 am

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    crump wrote:I am going from Public Services to Business Management, I am starting to get nervous that I will not get a Uni place because of this Sad

Sounds bare superficial rofl

Like "Yeh I read books n shit, dey ite, I also watch dem shows like where my man talks about animals and all that shit"

Had an interview for the Young Apprentice* sorry.

I didn't make it sound like that Laughing

I actually am reading books though Neutral
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:58 am

I'm pretty sure everyone does for their subject though.

I have read books since I was like 6 on Ancient History.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:07 am

But you think I'll be ok right? Laughing

As each day goes on I'm becomign resigned to the fact I won't get an offer Laughing

Neutral
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:16 am

Just received a conditional offer from Plymouth University!

cheers

It's my 5th choice but so happy
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:07 am

Got my 1st offer today! DeMontfort Leicester! 5th choice but still..happy with that!
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:43 am

Not gonna lie, my course is so fucking boring this year I have no motivation to do anything apparently it gets a lot more interesting the second year I'm glad I've tied myself down to a house so that I have to stick around.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:03 am

I'm just waiting for an offer from Chester.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:04 am

Offer from Manchester Met

Yeah boy
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:10 am

A full ride offer from University A, deferred by University B, and I will hear back from Colleges B, C, D, E, F, and G in March/April.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 am

May I ask what they are?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 am

SBSP wrote:May I ask what they are?
    Yes, you have my permission to ask.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 am

What are they?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:14 am

A=UOP
    B=PU
    C=CMU
    D=VU
    E=DC
    F=GU
    G=the other UOP

Happy guessing. Smile
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:15 am

Glen Damon wrote:A full ride offer from University A, deferred by University B, and I will hear back from Colleges B, C, D, E, F, and G in March/April.
    What? What are your marks like?
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:19 am

Glen Damon wrote:A=UOP
    B=PU
    C=CMU
    D=VU
    E=DC
    F=GU
    G=the other UOP

Happy guessing. Smile
    A, G - University of Pittsburg/Pennsylvania/Phoenix
    B - Philadelphia University
    C - Central Michigan University
    D - Vermont, Virginia (idunno)
    E - dunno
    F - Georgia
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:21 am

B=PU
    C=CMU
    D=VU
    E=DC
    F=GU
    G=the other UOP

Happy guessing. Smile
    Pennsylvania, Princeton/Purdue, Carnegie Mellon, Vanderbilt, Dartmouth, Georgetown, and no idea about the last one.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 am

A is University of Pennsylvania and B is Princeton University.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 am

SBSP wrote:
    B=PU
    C=CMU
    D=VU
    E=DC
    F=GU
    G=the other UOP

Happy guessing. Smile
    Pennsylvania, Princeton/Purdue, Carnegie Mellon, Vanderbilt, Dartmouth, Georgetown, and no idea about the last one.

Ra's al Ghul wrote:A is University of Pennsylvania and B is Princeton University.
    SBSP is a stalker, Blade is just a cheat.

You got the two UOPs mixed up, though.

My guesses for SBSP:
    Stanford
    UC Berkeley
    UC Davis
    UC LA
    UC Santa Barbara
    University of Oregon?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 am

The first four are correct. There's one more UC and the last one is CP.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 am

Santa Cruz/San Diego
    Cal-Poly

When applying to the UCs, do they look at "the whole package," or do they view your extracurriculars & pointless crap as well? I have a feeling I'll get shafted in that regard with my East Coastian universities.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 am

It is San Diego.

They do ask for your extracurricular activities, which makes me a bit uneasy. I'm not sure how much weight they give to them though.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:40 am

SBSP wrote:It is San Diego.

They do ask for your extracurricular activities, which makes me a bit uneasy. I'm not sure how much weight they give to them though.
    I have fairly standard ECs, it's just annoying how people do things of similar or even lesser importance, yet they can make it sound more significant. I don't see why universities should value average students who won some class election freshman year in a campaign won with tense negotiations regarding the number of cookies provided for everyone that cast a favorable ballot.

You should apply to CMU, mf. Preferential treatment for people with Scottish heritage, + a 7000 dollar a year scholarship if you agree to learn the bagpipes while you are there. The University Discussion Thread - Page 2 207657
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:44 am

Is application still open? I'm not too keen on going out of state.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 am

SBSP wrote:Is application still open? I'm not too keen on going out of state.
    It is probably too late, mf.

I feel the same way about leaving the Northeast, which is probably equal in terms of distances.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Glen, where are you applying? What do you want to study?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:50 pm