Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+52
Danny
JamieB
LeBron
Theo Filippo
Ra's al Ghul
Kuled
Phadunkin Donuts
LiamB_14
Mustangt125
Marvin
SBSP
Zzonked
El_indian
Childish Logic
dena
Grenade
polska.
Andy
Keanoo
Uncle John from Jamaica
Stranger
Ham.
Smeagol
Hodor
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
David De Great
Walcott
Cam
The Zlatan
Jordi
Harrold
Yrael
Alaba v2
Mal
limerickcitykid
Drake
Ben 10
Jeff
lesser21
Forest
JonjoShelvey
Bushido
ShakerMatty
AndItsKoren!
Jorlung
wellz
arsenalap11
Cameron.
Laurencio
VivaRonaldoLAD
Carlos Jenkinson
Sean
56 posters

Manchester United FC Official Thread

Anonymous

Manchester United FC Official Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:52 pm

You do know there are things called "training" these players do. and Also reserve games.....
    Danny
    Danny

Manchester United FC Official Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

Post by Danny Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Yes, training and reserve games. That'll make him ready to perform week in week out at the highest level!
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:30 pm

20Legend wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Disagree. Besides, neither of them is going to be anywhere near the player De Gea will become.

So what. We need a keeper that can be our number 1. De Gea isn't good enough just yet. Might be in a few years but not now.

We don't really though do we? De Gea might have his weaknesses but there aren't a lot of goalkeepers in Europe who can make the saves he can. Against Messi I would much rather have De Gea standing there than Asmir Begovic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Its great to have a good shot stopper yes, But when hes shit at all the other aspects of goalkeeping its not that good.

De Gea is like that and a little like David James as he is always likely to make a huge mistake and cost the team a game or points.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:45 pm

He's not shit at all other aspects. His main weakness is aerial balls in the box, and he's getting better at that as well. Other than that he's a fairly solid goalkeeper. If we were to replace him with anyone we would have to go with someone far more commanding, experienced and authoritative than Asmir Begovic.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:16 pm

Btw. Frank Lampard on a free, yay or nay? I'm personally split. On the one hand he's what 33? On the other, he's a great player.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:17 pm

35 in June.

I'd take him, but he's related to Jamie Redknapp. That's a pretty big con.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:18 pm

No fuck off and die
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 pm

kyro7 wrote:No fuck off and die

Well that was extreme shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm

If I ever see Lampard play for us I seriously hope you die
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm

How would that be my fault? Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 am

Laurencio wrote:He's not shit at all other aspects. His main weakness is aerial balls in the box, and he's getting better at that as well. Other than that he's a fairly solid goalkeeper. If we were to replace him with anyone we would have to go with someone far more commanding, experienced and authoritative than Asmir Begovic.

1. His commanding if his defence is shit.
    2. aerially hes shit
    3. he has times where he acts like a retarded turtle ( V West Ham, Trying to kick the ball instead of grabbing it)
    4. His distribution is fucking shit.
    5. Punches the ball away to much (Most keepers these days though)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:29 am

kyro7 wrote:No fuck off and die

+1

Fuck having Frank Lampared off. Way too old.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:41 am

20Legend wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:He's not shit at all other aspects. His main weakness is aerial balls in the box, and he's getting better at that as well. Other than that he's a fairly solid goalkeeper. If we were to replace him with anyone we would have to go with someone far more commanding, experienced and authoritative than Asmir Begovic.

2. aerially hes shit
    3. he has times where he acts like a retarded turtle ( V West Ham, Trying to kick the ball instead of grabbing it)
    My word, you're a moron.

His distribution is one of the best things about him, and if he doesn't feel "comfortable" catching the ball (he's a lot better at doing that now than this time last year, not that commentators/pundits will tell you that) of course he's going to fucking punch it away.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:04 am

Lampard would be a very good signing, better than all of your central midfielders apart from Carrick (Not that it's an achievement).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 am

No he wouldn't be a very good signing, he'd be a player that is old and past his best added to other players that are old and past their best rather than bringing in good players with a future ahead of them, poor signing.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 am

That's fine then, stick with average players.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 am

Danny wrote:
    20Legend wrote:

2. aerially hes shit
    My word, you're a moron.

His distribution is one of the best things about him, and if he doesn't feel "comfortable" catching the ball (he's a lot better at doing that now than this time last year, not that commentators/pundits will tell you that) of course he's going to fucking punch it away.
    He probably doesn't know what distribution is.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:56 am

Danny wrote:
    20Legend wrote:

2. aerially hes shit
    My word, you're a moron.

Next time you watch him play, Watch how many times he kicks the ball straight to the other team.

Thats one of the big problem with keepers, Most of the time they just punch the ball away even when theres no need too.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 am

20Legend wrote:
    Danny wrote:My word, you're a moron.

Next time you watch him play, Watch how many times he kicks the ball straight to the other team.

Thats one of the big problem with keepers, Most of the time they just punch the ball away even when theres no need too.
    If anything, his kicking is brilliant.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 am

Lampard is one of the three players from the Golden Generation with decent skill. It is a shame that he, Joseph Cole, and Glen Johnson have been wrongly depicted in the media as inferior to the likes of Gerrard, Scott Parker, and Kyle Walker. facepalm
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

Post by limerickcitykid Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:23 am

Kyle Walker is apart of the golden generation? Frank is a great player and has the eye for goal but I don't want him. Would prefer sign someone younger but I wouldn't complain if we signed him either mind.

The criticism of De Gea is so exaggerated. Reina has been awful lately and Begovic really isn't anything special. DDG is weak on the high ball but he has even came along way on those. Even look at Joe Hart the supposed best keeper in the league. Has made loads of mistakes recently, all when diving to his left hand side. I think this is clearly his weakness but the media never mentions it because he is England's saviour. The media have an agenda on DDG because he has the potential to be superior to Hart and they can't handle that. Have faith in the boy, he has talent.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 am

limerickcitykid wrote:Kyle Walker is apart of the golden generation? Frank is a great player and has the eye for goal but I don't want him. Would prefer sign someone younger but I wouldn't complain if we signed him either mind.
    No, but Glen has been so superb for so long that his greatness has spanned multiple generations.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Andy wrote:
    20Legend wrote:

If anything, his kicking is brilliant.

HAhahaahahahaaha
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:08 am

You guys think there is a legitimate chance that we go after Lamps?
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:25 am

Wouldn't surprise me. More likely than Cole.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:35 am

A Chelsea legend? Fuck that, I'd be disgusted if he wears our shirt playing for us Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:47 am

Manchester United FC Official Thread - Page 17 Tumblr_mg85pwtCuu1rc3xf7o1_500

Manchester United FC Official Thread - Page 17 Tumblr_mg85pwtCuu1rc3xf7o2_500

Wayne rolling solo.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 am

I wish Robin would use his twitter again Sad

Petrucci and Wootton have gone on loan to Peterborough. Hope they do well there, I like Petrucci a lot.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 am

Kuled wrote:A Chelsea legend? Fuck that, I'd be disgusted if he wears our shirt playing for us Neutral

What if van Persie was considered an Arsenal legend? What if all your strikers were injured and you signed Drogba on a short term deal? I don't get why you'd hate signing a player just because he was a legend at another club.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:47 am