Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
JonjoShelvey
Zzonked
Start.
Ben 10
Dedge
Phadunkin Donuts
Laurencio
arsenalap11
Jord
Jeff
Mouse
Dean
Gegilworld93
Alaba v2
Glen Miller
Cadbury
Bushido
Grenade
Harrold
Danny
SBSP
PrideOfTheMidlands
Forest
Jordan Henderchip
Sean
Mustangt125
Kuled
CollieBuddz
George
JamieB
Muhkoo
Childish Logic
The Zlatan
samiz
Cam
Carlos Jenkinson
El Jefe
Theo Filippo
AndItsKoren!
El_indian
Scouser_Dave
ricky//habana
46 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:29 am

El_indian wrote:Wisdom looks like that stone face thingy
    do you mean the thing?
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 am

Can't believe we dropped 15 mill on Allen. "Keeping play ticking over" is all well and good but he can't play the decisive, incisive passes.

That second half makes the game all the more frustrating, we went ultra-defensive when everyone knows in football attack eventually wins out over defence nine times out of ten, and United were shaky as soon as we properly attacked them.

Had we started the game accepting that they would score and attempting to really get in their faces, I reckon we could have got at least a draw.

Still, Sturridge got one and Borini looked alright, and we now have options, so we should really be dispatching Norwich
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 am

Allen and Sterling need to be dropped, hopefully now that Sturridge and Borini are available Sterling won't be starting, and Henderson should be starting over Allen, especially in games like that.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:59 am

Fuck knows what has happened to Allen. Seems to have gone to shit ever since Lucas has come back in the side.

ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 am

Cadbury wrote:Allen and Sterling need to be dropped, hopefully now that Sturridge and Borini are available Sterling won't be starting, and Henderson should be starting over Allen, especially in games like that.

I think in general Sterling is pretty one-dimensional, hence him backpassing more often now the league's defenders have him figured out. He needs to either take some lessons at the Luis Suarez School of Beating Defenders, or be used much more as an impact player versus tired opposition for the rest of the season, now he has his long term contract
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:58 am

Henderson is shit.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:30 am

Allen started playing shit long before Lucas came back.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:31 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:Fuck knows what has happened to Allen. Seems to have gone to shit ever since Lucas has come back in the side.

When did Lucas come back?

First noticed Allen playing shit when you drew at Chelsea. shifty
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:50 am

Back from the game, good atmosphere despite 'murderers' chants every 5 minutes. There was another one something like 'The Sun is right you killed your fans'. I liked the 'Luis Suarez, your teeth are offside' one though Laughing

3 disappointments - Wisdom, Sterling and Allen. Especially Allen, he is awful.

First half cost us the match, mistakes everywhere especially by Allen, and no end product up front.

Second half was a major improvement, Sturridge looked good (hell of a lot better than Sterling) and Borini wasn't too bad. We have two of the most selfish strikers in Suarez and Sturridge, but most of the game we were trying to pass it in to the net it looked like Laughing

I like how we can play Suarez, Sturridge, Borini and Downing at the same time and everyone can interchange.

Encouraging second half performance, just too little too late. Also Reina seems to be improving.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:17 am

Danny wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:Fuck knows what has happened to Allen. Seems to have gone to shit ever since Lucas has come back in the side.

When did Lucas come back?

First noticed Allen playing shit when you drew at Chelsea. shifty

Yeah fair enough he was a bit shit before that. Seems to be worse now though. Couldn't even play a simple pass today and looked completely lost on the pitch.

Don't see why we bought him to be honest, when Lucas pretty much does a similar job to him. We'd be better off dropping Allen and playing Suso in his place. At least that way we would have more of an attacking threat from midfield.

samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 am

I'd rather play Henderson than Suso. I know he's only young but I really can't stand Wisdom. He can't attack, he's got no confidence, awful positioning and is quite inconsistent. His best position is centre back right?
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:21 am

I like Henderson nowadays, don't know why
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 am

He's getting more confident I guess, he looked invisible last season. Definitely better than Allen and Shelvey.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:28 am

samiz wrote:I'd rather play Henderson than Suso. I know he's only young but I really can't stand Wisdom. He can't attack, he's got no confidence, awful positioning and is quite inconsistent. His best position is centre back right?

Yeah or Henderson. Either would be an improvement on Allen.

Don't see why you hate Wisdom for. He hasn't done that much wrong and was one of the better players out there today.
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:51 am

You think that? I guess I do criticize him an awful lot, but he definitely doesn't have an end product. Then again he is a defender, his positioning looked a little sloppy today, but I guess his tackling isn't bad. I do remember seeing a couple of tackles he made today.

Also, who missed that decent chance towards the end? From the left, curled it over the bar, was it Sturridge or Borini? Couldn't quite make it out. If it was Sturridge that's understandable, it was his weaker foot.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 am

Sturridge.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:58 am

Is Kelly injured because I would much rather play him than Wisdom. Has a bit more pace, gets forward more often and in opinion has more confidence on the ball. Wisdom runs forward, receives the pass and immediately stops, you know the forward play has stopped as soon as he is on the ball. You didn't get that with Kelly who could at least whip a half decent ball into the box.
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:00 am

Yeah pretty sure Kelly's injured.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 am

I am pleased with that result, avoiding humiliation against a far superior side. With that said, we could have potentially gotten a point had Rodgers done the logical thing and gone with an attacking setup from the beginning.

It was good to see the return of the skilled Kuyt, though. not worthy
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 am

I heard he refused to sign a new contract
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:33 am

What were we playing towards the end of the game? Looked like a 4-4-2

Reina
    Wisdom-Skrtel-Agger-Johnson
    Downing-Henderson-Gerrard-Borini
    Suarez-Sturridge

with the wingers and strikers all interchanging. I don't really see Borini as a winger though to be honest.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:08 am

I think we need to give Sterling a break and offer Sturridge a few run of games now.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:30 am

I think we should drop Suarez for a bit as well, give Borini a chance to shine
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:37 am

Cam wrote:I think we should drop Suarez for a bit as well, give Borini a chance to shine
    Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 25 Head+smash

We will do no such thing, Cam.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 am

What's that gif from?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 am

Borini was good, hopefully he keeps it up.

Allen was really dissappointing, fucking werid player. Dominates some games and then has games like this.
    Johnson was pretty bad, 2nd goal was his fault.

George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:39 am

Cam wrote:I like Henderson nowadays, don't know why

He is a battler.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 am

Cam wrote:I think we should drop Suarez for a bit as well, give Borini a chance to shine
    He has been unstoppable against poor defenders recently, and he always humiliates the entire Norwich team.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:44 am

Cam wrote:What's that gif from?
    Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!

Or Chu-2 for short

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mfyw5sK6JN1qdj6r2o1_500
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:50 am

Is it good?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:04 pm