Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Childish Logic
dena
Mouse
CollieBuddz
8 posters

The Truth About US Military Drones

Anonymous

The Truth About US Military Drones Empty The Truth About US Military Drones

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:10 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/25/study-obama-drone-deaths

Interesting read. Is Obama and the increased use of military drones threatening the security of the US even more?
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

The Truth About US Military Drones Empty Re: The Truth About US Military Drones

Post by CollieBuddz Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:04 am

Summary?
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:23 am

The Truth About US Military Drones 18738
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:10 am

Silly me, thinking this forum has members who can have a serious discussion. Dry Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:06 am

Your own fault for not at least summarizing or quoting part of the article in the OP. If you had done that I'd agree with you.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:13 am

With the drones I look at it two ways, do you want to remotely strike targets with almost no cost to US lives, or do you want to send soldiers (in a really uncooperative environment anyway) with their lives on the line? The drones are not perfect, and there are always going to be casualties, but in America / to Americans, I don't think the lives of civilization casualties matter that much. Sending drones is a tough thing to do but sending soldiers isnt easy either. I can't critize Obama for his use of them because either way it's a lose/lose. But the specific deployment of them should be revised.

Plus, this article is dumb long. Neutral
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:30 am

dena wrote:With the drones I look at it two ways, do you want to remotely strike targets with almost no cost to US lives, or do you want to send soldiers (in a really uncooperative environment anyway) with their lives on the line? The drones are not perfect, and there are always going to be casualties, but in America / to Americans, I don't think the lives of civilization casualties matter that much. Sending drones is a tough thing to do but sending soldiers isnt easy either. I can't critize Obama for his use of them because either way it's a lose/lose. But the specific deployment of them should be revised.

I'm more upset on how it is done.

Hitting funerals....

any boy over 16 = militant.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:45 am

dena wrote:With the drones I look at it two ways, do you want to remotely strike targets with almost no cost to US lives, or do you want to send soldiers (in a really uncooperative environment anyway) with their lives on the line? The drones are not perfect, and there are always going to be casualties, but in America / to Americans, I don't think the lives of civilization casualties matter that much. Sending drones is a tough thing to do but sending soldiers isnt easy either. I can't critize Obama for his use of them because either way it's a lose/lose. But the specific deployment of them should be revised.

I see what you mean, but like NZG said, it's the fact they are attacking innocents on purpose (i.e. funerals) and the government is lying about the effectiveness of the drones.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:51 am

I was expecting a behind the scenes story of a US drone going home to his family and crying on the edge of his bed in the middle of the night.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:21 am

ahlycotc wrote:Silly me, thinking this forum has members who can have a serious discussion. Dry Smile
    I'll be honest, I just wanted to post that picture shifty
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 am

The US military today is more conscientious of civilian casualties than any military in history.

Bombing funerals is very wrong, though.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:

The US military today is more conscientious of civilian casualties than any military in history.

Bombing funerals is very wrong, though.

Any superpower military in history. How many innocent civilians does the Swiss army victimize?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 am

I just read this morning that the US classifies any male killed by drones as 'militant', mannnn. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:04 am

dena wrote:I just read this morning that the US classifies any male killed by drones as 'militant', mannnn. Neutral

It's in the article. That's what NZG and I were talking about.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:06 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    dena wrote:I just read this morning that the US classifies any male killed by drones as 'militant', mannnn. Neutral

How in the hell does that kind of wording ever occur in policy?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:25 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Oh I missed that part, it's ridiculous.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:03 am

dena wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Oh I missed that part, it's ridiculous.

The Truth About US Military Drones 220px-President_Barack_Obama_with_the_Nobel_Prize_medal_and_diploma

dat smirk.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:09 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-drone-tweets-reveal-double-tap-plan-2012-12

-_-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm