Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Cadbury
Grenade
Zzonked
Lux
ResurrectionRooney
Childish Logic
The Zlatan
Roloman4
12 posters

Military Conscription

Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Military Conscription Empty Military Conscription

Post by Roloman4 Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:32 pm

What do you think about it?
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Military Conscription Empty Re: Military Conscription

Post by The Zlatan Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:45 pm

I think it's a good idea, it can help implement some 'respect' back into society and stop the next generations growing up as spoiled cunts and hopefully put an end to the booming chav culture. But at the same time I hate the idea, because why should the good ones (such as myself shifty ) suffer because of the cunts? (If I were still at the right age of course)
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:47 pm

We briefly talked about this in the chat thread so you know my view is that i am against it being used in this time. During wars where your freedom and way of life is threatened then i would fully agree with it but we aren't in a time like that now so i can't agree with it being used.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:48 pm

My father was conscripted. -_-

I think it's a good idea to have every able bodied man to have some sort of military training, but I think there should also offer some sort of alternative if you don't want to do the military training. Of course I don't think anybody should actually be forced to go fight in a war if they don't want to, that would be left for the regular army.

I don't know, not sure if I'm for it or against it, I guess I'm against it but I don't think it would hurt to have a plan B just in case. shifty
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:My father was conscripted. -_-

I think it's a good idea to have every able bodied man to have some sort of military training, but I think there should also offer some sort of alternative if you don't want to do the military training. Of course I don't think anybody should actually be forced to go fight in a war if they don't want to, that would be left for the regular army.

I don't know, not sure if I'm for it or against it, I guess I'm against it but I don't think it would hurt to have a plan B just in case. shifty

Whole point of conscription is to force people to go to war.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:01 pm

It doesn't have to be.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:12 pm

I think that it is against what I consider basic human rights to force someone to go into training unwillingly or to forcefully enlist them into any sort of service, especially once that involves depriving others of their right to life.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Zlatan wrote:I think it's a good idea, it can help implement some 'respect' back into society and stop the next generations growing up as spoiled cunts and hopefully put an end to the booming chav culture. But at the same time I hate the idea, because why should the good ones (such as myself shifty ) suffer because of the cunts? (If I were still at the right age of course)

Why would forcing a free human being to go through grueling and unnecessary training and to potentially kill and be killed implement any sort of respect.

I say NO, we have our freedom of conscience, and no fucking government will take that away from us.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:22 pm

If there is a massive war or the country is in a constant existential crisis then yeah, sure, otherwise no.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:23 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:If there is a massive war or the country is in a constant existential crisis then yeah, sure, otherwise no.

I think not under any circumstances.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:37 pm

I wouldn't force them into conscription, but I do think that there needs to be some kind of similar service (that doesn't involve forcing people into war).

There is a lack of respect in society, I wouldn't even consider a service due to a need of soldiers, just to force people to learn some respect and learn how to work as a team. If not that, I'd lean towards giving teachers more power and protection....maybe stronger punishments. As sad as it is, some people are not mature and do not know how to respect people, and need to be pushed into it IMO. Maybe just do some kind of service for younger people with criminal records.

Don't particularly like the military service as it gives countries a bigger army for them to deploy......which is probably going to cause more problems.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:43 pm

I think drafts should only happen if there is a big shortage during a war. But I'm indifferent to the concept of forcing citizens to enlist in the military. Unlike in the USA, I think only citizens should be drafted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Mandatory Military training like in Israel and in South Korea is a good idea I think. Of course nobody should be sent to war if they don't want to.

I was thinking how the education system is outdated and needs to be reworked, maybe include a mandatory Military class in Grade 11 and 12 like they do in Venezuela. think
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:42 pm

polska. wrote:Mandatory Military training like in Israel and in South Korea is a good idea I think. Of course nobody should be sent to war if they don't want to.

I was thinking how the education system is outdated and needs to be reworked, maybe include a mandatory Military class in Grade 11 and 12 like they do in Venezuela. think

I do not think that at all, why should we be forced to take a military class?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Make people more respectful and just generally less whiny
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Roloman4 wrote:
    polska. wrote:Mandatory Military training like in Israel and in South Korea is a good idea I think. Of course nobody should be sent to war if they don't want to.

I do not think that at all, why should we be forced to take a military class?
    For what NZG said, as well as fitness.

The Israeli people seem to benefit greatly from it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:52 pm

What exactly do you learn in a military class in high school anyways?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:00 pm

I was kinda forced in JROTC? Something like that Polska?

Wasn't exactly life changing. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:01 pm

ahlycotc wrote:What exactly do you learn in a military class in high school anyways?
    From what my younger brother said about military classes in Venezuela.. The first half of the year it is mostly learning about the military itself and what opportunities the military could offer you, then you have to memorize some of the codes and regulations etc.(he like me can't memorize fuck all in Spanish so he failed that badly Laughing) In the second half of the year, you were taught how to march properly and behave around superiors, had to sing your nations and provinces anthem like a patriotic son of a bitch, then the classy military drills and exercises.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Roloman4 wrote:I think that it is against what I consider basic human rights to force someone to go into training unwillingly or to forcefully enlist them into any sort of service, especially once that involves depriving others of their right to life.

I agree with this.

I wonder what would happen if England/America tried to do it again. I think a lot of people would just refuse to go, I know I would.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Maybe they should do it to people who're menaces to society and rack up a few criminal records. Instead of community service they could be sent to the military which would be more of a deterrence imo especially with little/no pay.

The only way I'd join the army is if I had a phaggot job. Being a cook or making beds or some shit Laughing
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:20 pm

grenade187 wrote:Maybe they should do it to people who're menaces to society and rack up a few criminal records. Instead of community service they could be sent to the military which would be more of a deterrence imo especially with little/no pay.

The only way I'd join the army is if I had a phaggot job. Being a cook or making beds or some shit Laughing

Phaggot.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:27 am

grenade187 wrote:Maybe they should do it to people who're menaces to society and rack up a few criminal records. Instead of community service they could be sent to the military which would be more of a deterrence imo especially with little/no pay.
    Because we need mentally unstable people to join the military right?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:31 am

polska. wrote:

The fuck you on about Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:33 am

grenade187 wrote:
    polska. wrote:Because we need mentally unstable people to join the military right?

If you are referring to petty crimes, then sure. But the murderers and psychopaths?
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:33 am

polska. wrote:

As if a lot of the military aren't troubled people anyway....
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:35 am

Roloman4 wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:If there is a massive war or the country is in a constant existential crisis then yeah, sure, otherwise no.

I think not under any circumstances.

Bullshit...if your country was under threat from a genocidal maniac, you wouldn't want conscription to be introduced? I sure as hell would. You might argue that people would voluntarily join the military in such a situation, but I sincerely doubt that - I know I wouldn't.

Joining the military for an individual isn't a rational choice, it's unlikely to the point of impossibility that it'll make a difference to the outcome of the war, and it puts you in the firing line. People know that, although they might justify it to themselves in different ways, so you have to force people to do it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:38 am

Another thing, teaching thugs and criminals how to kill people, and improving their fitness is a terrible idea. What should happen is that they're put in a room with a 360 and some non violent or fantasy games, with a shitload of junk food, coca cola, cigarettes, alcohol etc. Make them so unhealthy that they can't commit crimes any more because their victims can just run away.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:24 am

polska. wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:

If you are referring to petty crimes, then sure. But the murderers and psychopaths?
    Well obviously I'm referring to petty crimes lol. Murderers etc should go to jail.

Beleive it or not but there's not enough places left for people to do community service. Nowadays people don't care if they slack of either they just give them a good report and forget about it.
    Also it wouldn't really be teaching them violence. Teach them some discipline and make them clean toilets and shit so they rethink their lives.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:26 am

They should make CCF compulsory. Although it doesn't do much. You just have to go into school dressed like a twat every now and again.

Still, it's the best they could do without making people fight in wars, unless they introduce some complusory territorial army thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:10 am