Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
Danny
Forest
Mal
George
Carlos Jenkinson
dena
Mouse
Trent
ConorCelticFC
SophisticatedBeggar
Sean
17 posters

Albums to listen to before you die

Anonymous

Albums to listen to before you die - Page 2 Empty Re: Albums to listen to before you die

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:55 am

Listening to albums is pointless. Every album has shit songs on and some only have like 3 good ones.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Albums to listen to before you die - Page 2 Empty Re: Albums to listen to before you die

Post by Mouse Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 am

Chris wrote:Listening to albums is pointless. Every album has shit songs on and some only have like 3 good ones.
    Stop listening to shite albums then.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:51 am

Chris wrote:Listening to albums is pointless. Every album has shit songs on and some only have like 3 good ones.
    There are definitely some brilliant albums out there. Went through my ipod and I've got around 40 of them that I could listen to straight through.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:14 am

Bob Marley - Exodus
    Bob Marley - Kaya

I love you - Novi
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:15 am

Mouse wrote:
    Stop listening to shite albums then.
    Well the problem is good bands tend to make a lot of shit songs. The only albums by bands i've listened to all the way through are usually greatest hits etc.

Pearl Jam - Ten is on of the very few I find good all the way through.

Last edited by Chris on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:16 am

How are you going to find the good ones if you don't listen to the whole album a few times? A lot of my favourite songs aren't singles.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:17 am

AB 3 by Alter Bridge
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:20 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:How are you going to find the good ones if you don't listen to the whole album a few times? A lot of my favourite songs aren't singles.
    If this is aimed at me.. it has nothing to do with what I said. Lets take when I was a teen for example and used to buy a lot of albums.. I bought "Foo Fighters - One By One". Now there are a few good tracks on that album like "All My Life" and "Times Like These" also a couple that were not singles.. but half of the tracks are utter fucking shit that sound like you should be spaced out on acid whilst listening to it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:22 am

Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss.

Only one shit song on there and that's Bieber's fault.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:24 am

You said 'listening to albums is pointless.' But like I said, how are you going to find the songs you like unless you buy them (unless you only like singles)?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:29 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:You said 'listening to albums is pointless.' But like I said, how are you going to find the songs you like unless you buy them (unless you only like singles)?
    I meant listening to them from beginning to end. Obviously you might listen to all the tracks once to see which ones you like, I do that often.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:30 am

Chris wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:How are you going to find the good ones if you don't listen to the whole album a few times? A lot of my favourite songs aren't singles.
    If this is aimed at me.. it has nothing to do with what I said. Lets take when I was a teen for example and used to buy a lot of albums.. I bought "Foo Fighters - One By One". Now there are a few good tracks on that album like "All My Life" and "Times Like These" also a couple that were not singles.. but half of the tracks are utter fucking shit that sound like you should be spaced out on acid whilst listening to it.
    Didn't mention Overdrive.

You might as well die. shifty
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:44 am

Chris wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:You said 'listening to albums is pointless.' But like I said, how are you going to find the songs you like unless you buy them (unless you only like singles)?
    I meant listening to them from beginning to end. Obviously you might listen to all the tracks once to see which ones you like, I do that often.

Fair enough. For me personally, I don't appreciate most songs until I've heard them a few times and I love a lot of albums from start to finish anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:57 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Fair enough. For me personally, I don't appreciate most songs until I've heard them a few times and I love a lot of albums from start to finish anyway.
    Which ones would you recommend?
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:59 am

Probably already been said but The Blueprint is an absolute must.

It sounds weird but when you listen to an album, don't just listen to it once or twice, live with it for a while and it grows on you more than you expect. Unless you listen to shit music.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:01 am

If you like Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters you should definitely listen to Nevermind by Nirvana or a Pixies album. No weak songs on any of them. Every song on Led Zeppelin IV is incredible too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:33 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:If you like Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters you should definitely listen to Nevermind by Nirvana or a Pixies album. No weak songs on any of them. Every song on Led Zeppelin IV is incredible too.
    I like Nevermind, was one of my fav's when I was in a band myself.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:08 am

Jay wrote:Probably already been said but The Blueprint is an absolute must.

It sounds weird but when you listen to an album, don't just listen to it once or twice, live with it for a while and it grows on you more than you expect. Unless you listen to shit music.

dat magnus opus
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:59 am

Chris wrote:
    Mouse wrote:Stop listening to shite albums then.
    Well the problem is good bands tend to make a lot of shit songs. The only albums by bands i've listened to all the way through are usually greatest hits etc.

Pearl Jam - Ten is on of the very few I find good all the way through.
    You have shot up in my estimations Chris not worthy
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:22 am

SophisticatedBeggar wrote:The majority, if not all, of The Beatles Albums
    Beatles for sale Albums to listen to before you die - Page 2 586389253
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:56 am

Jorlung wrote:
    SophisticatedBeggar wrote:The majority, if not all, of The Beatles Albums
    Beatles for sale Albums to listen to before you die - Page 2 586389253

Yea that one and With the Beatles are a bit meh.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:12 am

Abbey Road is overrated. Too many average songs to be considered a classic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:55 pm