Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Marvin
dena
SophisticatedBeggar
Stranger
Novi
Bye_Ya
Jeff
Ham.
Royal
Theo Filippo
PrideOfTheMidlands
Start.
Mvan
limerickcitykid
Yrael
Jordan Henderchip
The Maestro
Harrold
CollieBuddz
blackskar
crump
Dean
Ra's al Ghul
MickStupp
Forest
menalawyerguy
Clark
Paulinho
ConorCelticFC
arsenalap11
Mouse
ShakerMatty
Jorlung
Andy
Trent
sunmoon
George
JK
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Danny
Juventino
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Jord
Mal
Cam
TheRangersFan
SBSP
Keanoo
Pippo
El_indian
Childish Logic
Zzonked
MrBlueguy
59 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Anonymous

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:43 pm

dena wrote:Skyfall 7.5/10

I don't know, not that impressed for my first bond film. Javier Barden's character was the best in the whole movie, but his death and the final scenes were handled poorly imo. The action scenes were good, and I expect that's what the modern day Bond films are like now, but Bond always seemed to be more exotic, more ... I don't know ... rather than a bunch of splosions.
    I hardly see Daniel Craig as Bond, he's nothing like James Bond. The 3 films he's made as 007 are all great film's though.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Zzonked Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Well he's not like some of the other Bond actors because he's more serious, but in many ways that's what Ian Flemmings Bond was supposed to be like.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:32 am

No, not because he's more serious. The only reason you probably assume he is more serious is that he lacks the whit, charm and charisma of the other good Bond's. Ian Fleming's Bond was supposed to be dark haired and good looking for starters, Daniel Craig is blonde, blue eyed and has a rough complexion.

Also Ian Fleming said "I'm looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man," when talking about Sean Connery.. well if he saw Daniel Craig he would be even more disapoint considering he is literally twice as muscular as Connery and does more stunts than he could imagine. (Again, nothing like he wanted Bond)

Also after seeing Connery as the first Bond "Ian Fleming gave him a sense of humour and Scottish antecedents that were not present in the previous stories".

Also here is a sketch he did of how he envisioned James Bond..

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 22 170px-Fleming007impression

So if you want "what Ian Fleming's Bond was supposed to be like" as you put it.. look at Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan. Daniel Craig couldn't be further away.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:36 am

I think he had a decent amount of charm, him with Eve in the hotel room and the other chick in Macau was quite good to me. I don't know what I was looking for, maybe more gadgets, maybe a few more locations, i dunno.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:42 am

Dena american's mistake almost any british accent as charm, Craig is sophisticated not charming.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:44 am

oh please, the shaving scene was smooth Dry Smile
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:27 am

I agree with Chris.

My perception of Bond would be a 'gentlemen' not overly muscly but not too skinny either. A slicked back combover and well groomed face, and a crisp, well spoken stern voice.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:08 am

It seems since around 2007 people have just been making epic, amazing movies full of CGI and crazy shit with good stories. Unfortunatley for Pierce Brosnan he was 10 years too early and they wrote and directed some mediocre Bond films. Goldeneye is the exception of course, that is amazing. But if we had Brosnan/Connery with today's scripts and all this CGI and epic HD shizzle I imagine James Bond would be perfect.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:29 am

Yeah I agree.

Changing the subject did anyone find Taken 2 a dissapointment, it's almost like sequels are hit and miss, The Expendables 2 was awesome, Taken 2 was shit.

I need to watch more comedies, the last real good one I watched was 21 Jump Street, reminded me of Mall Cop with the humour. Same actor isn't it?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:41 am

Chris wrote:It seems since around 2007 people have just been making epic, amazing movies full of CGI and crazy shit with good stories. Unfortunatley for Pierce Brosnan he was 10 years too early and they wrote and directed some mediocre Bond films. Goldeneye is the exception of course, that is amazing. But if we had Brosnan/Connery with today's scripts and all this CGI and epic HD shizzle I imagine James Bond would be perfect.

It would just be like Mission Impossible (3 and 4 are both amazing). I thought Bond was supposed to be something other than CGI/HD/Explosion
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:13 am

Chris wrote:No, not because he's more serious. The only reason you probably assume he is more serious is that he lacks the whit, charm and charisma of the other good Bond's. Ian Fleming's Bond was supposed to be dark haired and good looking for starters, Daniel Craig is blonde, blue eyed and has a rough complexion.

Also Ian Fleming said "I'm looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man," when talking about Sean Connery.. well if he saw Daniel Craig he would be even more disapoint considering he is literally twice as muscular as Connery and does more stunts than he could imagine. (Again, nothing like he wanted Bond)

Also after seeing Connery as the first Bond "Ian Fleming gave him a sense of humour and Scottish antecedents that were not present in the previous stories".

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 22 170px-Fleming007impression

So if you want "what Ian Fleming's Bond was supposed to be like" as you put it.. look at Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan. Daniel Craig couldn't be further away.

I'm not assuming he's more serious, I'm making that judgement based on the fact that I've seen every other Bond actor and Daniel Craig is on par with Timothy Dalton for most serious. He lacks wit and charm because he is more serious, it's pretty obvious that's the approach they're going for ('shaken or stirred? does it look like I give a damn?'). Obviously he looks different to the original vision, but in terms of the character he isn't that far off. I'm pretty sure Miss Moneypenny wasn't supposed to be black and M wasn't supposed to be a woman, but 0 fucks are given. If he changed it after Connery then fair enough.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:29 am

Yeah I think M had only been a man up until Judi Dench.

I'm presuming Fleming wrote Q as an older bloke too (has been in the older films at least). Go mental about him being really young in Skyfall. shifty
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:39 am

Q was really lame.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:08 am

Brosnan is generally whom I picture when I think of James Bond. shifty
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:26 am

dena wrote:Q was really lame.
    I quite liked him. alee2
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:07 am

Yeah I disliked the new Q too. Desmond Llewelyn was one of my favorite things about the older Bond films though, he's awesome.

SBSP wrote:Brosnan is generally whom I picture when I think of James Bond. Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 22 279869

Because you grew up when he was the main Bond probably.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:20 am

Skyfall - 9/10

Boss film. My favourite Bond. Reminded me of TDKR a little bit
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Chris wrote:No, not because he's more serious. The only reason you probably assume he is more serious is that he lacks the whit, charm and charisma of the other good Bond's. Ian Fleming's Bond was supposed to be dark haired and good looking for starters, Daniel Craig is blonde, blue eyed and has a rough complexion.

I'm not assuming he's more serious, I'm making that judgement based on the fact that I've seen every other Bond actor and Daniel Craig is on par with Timothy Dalton for most serious. He lacks wit and charm because he is more serious, it's pretty obvious that's the approach they're going for ('shaken or stirred? does it look like I give a damn?'). Obviously he looks different to the original vision, but in terms of the character he isn't that far off. I'm pretty sure Miss Moneypenny wasn't supposed to be black and M wasn't supposed to be a woman, but 0 fucks are given. If he changed it after Connery then fair enough.
    That black woman was the shittest character ever, pissed me off right from the start. Also that cunt playing Q was disgusting.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:38 am

Tbf I disliked both of them too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:16 am

Would be funny if the man in your avatar played Q.
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:55 am

Undisputed II: Last Man Standing 7/10

Nice ending. Smile
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:45 am

SBSP wrote:Brosnan is generally whom I picture when I think of James Bond. shifty

Same.
    _____

Moon - 7/10

Good story.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:24 am

Lincoln - 7/10

Could go up depending on how historically accurate it is. It was long, but a good watch.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Novi wrote:Undisputed II: Last Man Standing 7/10

Nice ending. Smile
    Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Yuri-boyka-scott-adkins-photos-galleries-63142

Dat Boyka fuark.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Looper 8.5/10, awesome film.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Shawshank Redemption - brilliant/10
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Mean Girls - 7.5/10
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:32 pm

SBSP wrote:Shawshank Redemption - brilliant/10
    Me gusta
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:09 am

End of Watch 9/10
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:40 am

Just watched the extended edition of Fellowship of the Ring and the credits literally run for 30 minutes. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:16 pm