Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Marvin
dena
SophisticatedBeggar
Stranger
Novi
Bye_Ya
Jeff
Ham.
Royal
Theo Filippo
PrideOfTheMidlands
Start.
Mvan
limerickcitykid
Yrael
Jordan Henderchip
The Maestro
Harrold
CollieBuddz
blackskar
crump
Dean
Ra's al Ghul
MickStupp
Forest
menalawyerguy
Clark
Paulinho
ConorCelticFC
arsenalap11
Mouse
ShakerMatty
Jorlung
Andy
Trent
sunmoon
George
JK
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Danny
Juventino
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Jord
Mal
Cam
TheRangersFan
SBSP
Keanoo
Pippo
El_indian
Childish Logic
Zzonked
MrBlueguy
59 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Danny
    Danny

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Danny Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Watched the Avengers Assemble last night, for the first time. My mates are massive bellends for not wanting to see that when it was released, fantastic film.

Robert Downey Jr. not worthy
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Mouse Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Skyfall - fucking baws.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:42 am

Mouse wrote:Skyfall - fucking baws.
    Can't disagree. shifty
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:54 pm

Just watched United for the first time. Great movie.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:56 pm

Alex Cross-One of the most clever movies I have seen this year. Perry & Fox played their roles comedically and cleverly.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:55 am

28 Weeks Later - Great watch. Good performances and a decent storyline. 8/10
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:20 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Better than the 3rd. Not far behind the second.

I agree with this. I think I didn't appreciate it fully until I'd seen the second and watched it again though.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 am

It's really not better than the third. People are vastly under-rating that film because of a couple of iffy things in the plot.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:32 am

Not even, I didn't enjoy the 3rd that much from a pure entertainment standpoint.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:38 am

Really? I thought it was the most entertaining out of the three, even it wasn't as good as The Dark Knight. Why didn't it you like it?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:14 am

Not sure, maybe it just felt like it was a bit all over the place. Not sure the characters were very strong in this one either. I liked the last one when the Joker was doing his thing and the first one when he had his little relationship with Alfred and stuff. Just irritated me that Alfred left in this one and there seemed to be loads of characters just knocking about not really doing anything over a really long time scale.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:48 am

Yeh the second one is the best imo.

I do enjoy the 3rd moar though basically because Bane >>> everything. I like testosterone in movies.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:18 am

The second one was better because The Joker is such a rich character, and obviously Ledger was brilliant as him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 am

Danny wrote:Watched the Avengers Assemble last night, for the first time. My mates are massive bellends for not wanting to see that when it was released, fantastic film.

Robert Downey Jr. not worthy

I didn't enjoy it as much. I prefer Iron Man.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:05 am

Zzonked wrote:Not sure, maybe it just felt like it was a bit all over the place. Not sure the characters were very strong in this one either. I liked the last one when the Joker was doing his thing and the first one when he had his little relationship with Alfred and stuff. Just irritated me that Alfred left in this one and there seemed to be loads of characters just knocking about not really doing anything over a really long time scale.

The characters weren't as strong as TDK because it wasn't really about them as much as it was about Bruce Wayne. He got seriously undercut in TDK. That movie was all about the Joker and Harvey Dent. In TDKR it was all about Bruce Wayne which is why it was my favourite of the three. BB also had that element but the second half of that movie is really the weakest bit of the trilogy. The threat to Gotham wasn't as tangible as it was in TDKR and the micro-wave emitter plot element just seemed a bit forced. As for characters not really doing anything over a really long time scale, I didn't really feel that. I thought the movie became really fast paced in the second half.

I'm not saying TDKR is perfect by any means, but it is definitely a lot better than some people make it out to be. It's just that the scale of the film is so huge that it's difficult to grasp everything after one or even two viewings. I think more people will appreciate it when it comes out on DVD.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:47 am

Hurt Locker - seen it before, still as good. 9/10
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:57 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:Not sure, maybe it just felt like it was a bit all over the place. Not sure the characters were very strong in this one either. I liked the last one when the Joker was doing his thing and the first one when he had his little relationship with Alfred and stuff. Just irritated me that Alfred left in this one and there seemed to be loads of characters just knocking about not really doing anything over a really long time scale.

The characters weren't as strong as TDK because it wasn't really about them as much as it was about Bruce Wayne. He got seriously undercut in TDK. That movie was all about the Joker and Harvey Dent. In TDKR it was all about Bruce Wayne which is why it was my favourite of the three. BB also had that element but the second half of that movie is really the weakest bit of the trilogy. The threat to Gotham wasn't as tangible as it was in TDKR and the micro-wave emitter plot element just seemed a bit forced. As for characters not really doing anything over a really long time scale, I didn't really feel that. I thought the movie became really fast paced in the second half.

I'm not saying TDKR is perfect by any means, but it is definitely a lot better than some people make it out to be. It's just that the scale of the film is so huge that it's difficult to grasp everything after one or even two viewings. I think more people will appreciate it when it comes out on DVD.

I actually didn't like the way they did Bruce Wayne either (or I guess I mean Batman). I know him getting the shit kicked out of him is supposed to be the most famous thing about Bane, but it just made Batman feel really weak and pointless to me. Plus the fact that every other person knew his identity sort of added to it.

I didn't like the microwave emitter thing either in Batman Begins. Didn't like Banes threat either for the same reason, plus it felt unreasonably big in scale.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:01 am

That micro wave emitter thing was so so stupid, it was like they just went, "shit we need something to fill the last hour of this film, what would be a really shitty thing to happen?"
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:11 am

Didn't really do that for me. He just came off as vulnerable and that made him more real to me. And that also allowed for him to have a proper character arc which I thought was largely satisfying.

I thought the MacGuffin in TDKR wasn't anywhere near as distracting as it was in BB. In TDKR there was a lot more than just "Bane wants to blow up the city, Batman has to stop Bane". The way Gotham City collapsed completely and how everything changed because of the introduction of the bomb kept things interesting.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:14 am

Ted wrote:That micro wave emitter thing was so so stupid, it was like they just went, "shit we need something to fill the last hour of this film, what would be a really shitty thing to happen?"

It's the problem with all superhero origin movies. In Batman Begins I thought it was slightly better done than in many others because at least it was thematically relevant in the sense that it was supposed to spread fear. But yeah, as I said, the second half of that film is definitely the weakest of the trilogy.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:09 am

Few recently watched movies:

Taken 2: 6/10

Decent enough film but stupid to be rated a 12a. Pointless sequel really. Should have just let the first one be it.

Paranormal Activity 4: 2/10

Shit. They really need to just stop now. Not even scary.

---------

I'm team BladeGunner. Batman is the best trilogy ever, followed by Toy Story.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:28 am

The Bourne trilogy > all
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:11 am

If only Godfather 3 wasnt wank.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 am

Skyfall. Incredibly average: 6/10.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 am

George wrote:Skyfall. Incredibly average: 6/10.

It is incredible in its averageness, yes it still scores one point above average. Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 18 3925848005
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:43 am

Maybe average for a Bond film is 6/10.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    George wrote:Skyfall. Incredibly average: 6/10.

It is incredible in its averageness, yes it still scores one point above average. Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 18 3925848005

Good point.

I just thought that it was incredibly average compared to the other Daniel Craig Bond films. I'm not a Bond fan, so the main reason I enjoyed the other two Daniel Craig films was because they are gritty. Bond was believable, mainly because the dialogue was realistic. The dialogue in Skyfall was nonsensical. I couldn't take Bond seriously.

However, the action scenes are awesome.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 pm

If you think Skyfall was worse than Quantum, you have issues.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Went to see Skyfall last night. Fell asleep shortly after the starting credits rofl People I went with said it was pretty shit anyway. Not gonna bother with the cinema for a while.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:48 am

Why would you go cinema when you're tired. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:35 am