Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Eddie Johnson punches opposition manager in the face.

Drake
    Drake

Eddie Johnson punches opposition manager in the face. Empty Eddie Johnson punches opposition manager in the face.

Post by Drake Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Former Preston North End striker Eddie Johnson punched the manager of a rival team in the face celebrating his side’s win.

The American, who now plays for Seattle Sounders in Major League Soccer, was caught on camera punching San Jose Earthquakes’ defender Jed Zayner following a flare-up at the end of his side’s 1-0 US Open Cup win.

The incident started when Johnson celebrated in front of the San Jose bench at the final whistle.

The 28-year-old played 16 times for the Deepdale club having been signed on loan from Premier League Fulham by then-manager Phil Brown in 2011.

Following the match, Zayner told reporters: “To have a guy who’s played on the national team and is supposedly a professional celebrate in front of our bench, which is wrong, and then to hit me.

“It’s unbelievable.”

Team-mate Chris Wondolowski added: “Eddie Johnson was celebrating in front of our bench and yelling at our fans, and Jed told him just go do it over on his side and he took a swing and hit Jed in the eye.”

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end-news/ex-pne-striker-punches-rival-1-4685827

Laughing
    Anonymous

Eddie Johnson punches opposition manager in the face. Empty Re: Eddie Johnson punches opposition manager in the face.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:14 pm

“Eddie Johnson reminds me of Eusebio.” Diego Maradona
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Eddie Johnson punches opposition manager in the face. Empty Re: Eddie Johnson punches opposition manager in the face.

Post by Trent Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:18 am

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:12 am

i remember years ago i got into flame fight on youtube with an american over this player he claim he would be a star in premier league. looks like i won that battle like i do every battle
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:12 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:“Eddie Johnson reminds me of Eusebio.” Diego Maradona

Cause he's black. Seriously.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:06 am