Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Eddie Howe hails remarkable Bournemouth

Forest
    Forest

Eddie Howe hails remarkable Bournemouth  Empty Eddie Howe hails remarkable Bournemouth

Post by Forest Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Eddie Howe hails 'remarkable' Bournemouth

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has hailed their remarkable run which has taken them to the verge of promotion.
    The Cherries are second in League One, two points behind leaders Doncaster with two games remaining.
    Brentford are two points behind Bournemouth with a game in hand while Sheffield United can also catch them.
    "It has been a remarkable run," Howe told BBC Late Kick Off South. "I didn't foresee this happening really. The players deserve all the credit."
    Continue reading the main story

It would mean everything to me personally but more importantly to the town it would be a historic achievement

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe
    Howe, who replaced Paul Groves in October, took over a side in the relegation zone but a remarkable turnaround sees them on the verge of winning promotion to the second tier of English football for the first time since 1987.
    And Howe has paid tribute to his squad for their work ethic and spirit over the past six months.
    "All we've done is bring the team together," he said. "We have our plan of how we want the game to be played and try an implement that on the training pitch so the players have been excellent in taking ideas on board."
    The last manager to lead the Cherries into the second tier was current QPR boss Harry Redknapp, and Howe says if he can keep his squad fit he believes they will win promotion.
    "It would mean everything to me personally but more importantly to the town it would be a historic achievement," he said.
    "It would rival Harry Redknapp's side that he took up and we've got two massive games to come."
    When asked if he thought they would do it he replied: "I think so. Looking at our team and our squad it is very competitive and we are looking very strong if we can keep everyone fit."
    Their cause has been helped by striker Brett Pitman, who now has eight goals from his last seven games and 18 in total this season.
    "He is capable of scoring goals from any position and is a big player for us but the team are creating chances for him," added Howe.
    "He is experienced [in the Championship] and that is crucial, I think he is capable of scoring in the Championship with a doubt."
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Eddie Howe hails remarkable Bournemouth  Empty Re: Eddie Howe hails remarkable Bournemouth

Post by Glen Miller Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:11 am

They have done well.
    Anonymous

Eddie Howe hails remarkable Bournemouth  Empty Re: Eddie Howe hails remarkable Bournemouth

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:47 am

Interesting, how do you feel about him on a personal level though, Mr.Forest?

*insert various other generic FM replies*
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:21 am

On a personal level? Well, it is hard to say, since I do not know him personally.

It will be interesting to see Bournemouth in the Championship however. That is, of course, if they achieve promotion from the Npower League 1.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:22 am

It will indeed be interesting to see whether they gain promotion, as you said.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:20 am

Well, they have gained promotion today. Was it interesting like I said it would have been? Yes, it certainly was.

But what is more interesting is the fact that they will be 2 divisions higher than South Coast rivals, Portsmouth.

Here is a little story just so you can understand how great an achievement this is.

In May 2008, Portsmouth had won the FA Cup, whilst Bournemouth were to go in to the 2008/09 season with a 17 point deduction. Many people had written them off. Finished. Bournemouth were gone. But no. They stayed up. A remarkable achievement. And from there they pushed, whilst Portsmouth fell, and come August 2013, 5 years on, Bournemouth are now a Championship side, whilst Portsmouth are a League 2 side.

Remarkable, isn't it?

I'll be sure to make a gif. I'm not sure what of, but there will be a gif.

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:36 am

It will be interesting to see how this GIF turns out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:47 am

Fair play to him for leaving Burnley for them, he's done a good job. They'll probably get relegated though
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Post by jeb4eva Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:25 am

Bournemouth to gain promotion to the Premier League within 3 years.
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Post by jeb4eva Sat May 02, 2015 9:56 pm

jeb4eva wrote:Bournemouth to gain promotion to the Premier League within 3 years.

What a prediction if I do say so myself.  Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 12:32 pm

You're a wizard, Harry jeb.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 am