Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Radford
GK01
fluffy_kittens
7 posters

FIFA needs a new rule

fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

FIFA needs a new rule Empty FIFA needs a new rule

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:40 am

Every time Ronaldo has taken a free kick today Spain's players jump/run at him when he shoots, clearly they aren't 10 yards away. A rule needs to be made to counter this, some kind of spray can must be used to mark where the wall can stand because it's just getting ridiculous. Every time, even when the ref walks ten yards out, the second he turns the other way the players close in on the shooter. Something must change.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

FIFA needs a new rule Empty Re: FIFA needs a new rule

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 am

Happens with the free-kick taker as well, you can often see them moving the ball forward, and people walk forward for throw-ins etc. Who gives a shit it happens, not like they're in his face, plus would waste a lot of time to spray for every set-piece.
    Radford
    Radford

Post by Radford Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:44 am

FIFA needs a new rule Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPDsvx_OBpuvryZ0R6cdEyLk7gMCsMslfLTxGnctADqi3_vqtZGTToBYrt8A
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:44 am

That spray thing you mentioned they use in Brazil or some country I believe. It washes off very quickly away so it's pretty useful.
    Radford
    Radford

Post by Radford Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:48 am

i think a spray can on the pitch is a terrible idea, just let the referee watch the wall's movement.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:48 am

There is already a rule against that. The ref just has to enforce it.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:50 am

Trent wrote:That spray thing you mentioned they use in Brazil or some country I believe. It washes off very quickly away so it's pretty useful.

I am not sure if it is still used currently but I know it was tried in Argentina, I do not think it was ever used in Brazil.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:51 am

Weather130 wrote:
    Trent wrote:That spray thing you mentioned they use in Brazil or some country I believe. It washes off very quickly away so it's pretty useful.

I am not sure if it is still used currently but I know it was tried in Argentina, I do not think it was ever used in Brazil.
    I wasn't quite sure which country it was. Thanks for clarifying.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:52 am

It is used in the MLS as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:36 am

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:39 am

Spray can thing is used in Mexico. It works well since the mark disappears shortly after. Not sure where the "it'll take too long" thing comes from. It doesn't take much longer than what it usually takes to take a freekick anyways.

I actually found a good video where it shows the spray technique in practice a couple of times.

Didn't take much longer than your regular penalty. Obviously, it's not always used, for instance it wouldn't be used on a quick free quick(is that the technical term?)
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:41 am

Used in pretty much the whole continent of America, got more attention last year at the Copa. Would be a good idea, it actually prevents timewasting i.e. moving forward from free kicks.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:43 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:Spray can thing is used in Mexico. It works well since the mark disappears shortly after. Not sure where the "it'll take too long" thing comes from. It doesn't take much longer than what it usually takes to take a freekick anyways.

I actually found a good video where it shows the spray technique in practice a couple of times.

Didn't take much longer than your regular penalty. Obviously, it's not always used, for instance it wouldn't be used on a quick free quick(is that the technical term?)

Can't watch (Nets capped), but really? I'd just think to spray for every free-kick that has a wall, or for a throw-in etc it would end up mounting up.

Either way I like the game with its flaws in all honesty Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:44 am

FIFA has nothing to do with this. If UEFA wanted to implement such a rule for their competitions they could do so tomorrow.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:46 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:Used in pretty much the whole continent of America, got more attention last year at the Copa. Would be a good idea, it actually prevents timewasting i.e. moving forward from free kicks.
    My thoughts exactly
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:Every time Ronaldo has taken a free kick today Spain's players jump/run at him when he shoots, clearly they aren't 10 yards away. A rule needs to be made to counter this, some kind of spray can must be used to mark where the wall can stand because it's just getting ridiculous. Every time, even when the ref walks ten yards out, the second he turns the other way the players close in on the shooter. Something must change.

All they should do is use that spray can that sprays a white line then after a little amount of time it fades away, seen refs use it in like south america games and stuff, works really well.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 am

SuperManUtd wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:Every time Ronaldo has taken a free kick today Spain's players jump/run at him when he shoots, clearly they aren't 10 yards away. A rule needs to be made to counter this, some kind of spray can must be used to mark where the wall can stand because it's just getting ridiculous. Every time, even when the ref walks ten yards out, the second he turns the other way the players close in on the shooter. Something must change.

All they should do is use that spray can that sprays a white line then after a little amount of time it fades away, seen refs use it in like south america games and stuff, works really well.

agreed 100%, they use it in the MLS too
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    SuperManUtd wrote:

it should be used in all leagues across the world.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

SuperManUtd wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:

it should be used in all leagues across the world.

once again i completely agree
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:57 pm

fluffy_kittens="Sup wrote:

Is it new for this year? I have never seen it used in an MLS game but I admit that I do not watch a lot of games. This spray takes about the same amount of time as the "magic spray" so the delay does not seem all that unusual.

When do you decide to use this and does this effectively end the quick free kick?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Weather130 wrote:

Is it new for this year? I have never seen it used in an MLS game but I admit that I do not watch a lot of games. This spray takes about the same amount of time as the "magic spray" so the delay does not seem all that unusual.

When do you decide to use this and does this effectively end the quick free kick?

Free kicks would be the same, just players wouldn't try to steal a few yards.

The ref would use it when he says for the kicker to wait for the whistle basically, you would stil be able to take quick freekicks if you wanted to.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Weather130 wrote:

I dont see why implementing it worlwide would be a big issue, when the MLS is ahead of the curve in any way that is a pretty sad thing for world football

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 1:29 pm