Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ayvee1
dena
Trent
Zzonked
crump
9 posters

Cash, Card or Mobile?

crump
    crump

Cash, Card or Mobile? Empty Cash, Card or Mobile?

Post by crump Wed May 30, 2012 6:33 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18244015

Recently mobile banking has become very popular with apps such as Barclays Ping it or 02 Wallet, it makes paying people a dream, for example going out for a curry having a designated payer and the rest sending their payments via these sort of apps. Seems like mobile phones will be used in the future as some sort of scanning device as shown in the video in the link which is quite interesting.

I'm in favour of this, I fucking hate money, I try to carry as least coins as possible as they just end up cluttering my pockets and weighing me down. I just carry notes if I have to and only use coins for things I have no choice for. I much prefer card and find it so much more convenient. I wouldn't be surprised in the not so close future card becomes permanent, it's also a much safer option.

Opinions?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Cash, Card or Mobile? Empty Re: Cash, Card or Mobile?

Post by Zzonked Wed May 30, 2012 6:35 am

crump wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18244015

Recently mobile banking has become very popular with apps such as Barclays Ping it or 02 Wallet, it makes paying people a dream, for example going out for a curry having a designated payer and the rest sending their payments via these sort of apps. Seems like mobile phones will be used in the future as some sort of scanning device as shown in the video in the link which is quite interesting.

I'm in favour of this, I fucking hate money, I try to carry as least coins as possible as they just end up cluttering my pockets and weighing me down. I just carry notes if I have to and only use coins for things I have no choice for. I much prefer card and find it so much more convenient. I wouldn't be surprised in the not so close future card becomes permanent, it's also a much safer option.

Opinions?

Card becomes permanent? The fuck does that mean, it's not like it's temporary now.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Wed May 30, 2012 6:35 am

I like paying for things using Mobile credit, seeing as I'm not old enough to get a paypal it's good.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 am

I rarely use cash. Sometimes it sucks because if I go to a corner store to get a bag of chips and a sammich i have to break a 10 but it's convenient as hell, I don't mind using something like google wallet either if its safe.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Wed May 30, 2012 6:38 am

I still use cash a lot. Train/bus fares are always between £1-3 so it makes sense for me to carry cash. If I'm going to a proper shop (not a corner shop) then I'll use a card though.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed May 30, 2012 6:39 am

Zzonked wrote:
    crump wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18244015

Opinions?

Card becomes permanent? The fuck does that mean, it's not like it's temporary now.

Sorry I meant as it takes over from cash and cash becomes extinct.

Trent wrote:I like paying for things using Mobile credit, seeing as I'm not old enough to get a paypal it's good.

How does it work with paying for mobile credit, not many areas here have it and I have a shit BlackBerry until I can get an iPhone.

dena wrote:I rarely use cash. Sometimes it sucks because if I go to a corner store to get a bag of chips and a sammich i have to break a 10 but it's convenient as hell, I don't mind using something like google wallet either if its safe.

Yeah finding cash, or sometimes using it is very convenient.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Wed May 30, 2012 6:41 am

I love having cash in my pocket, rather than just a stupid card or something. shifty
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed May 30, 2012 6:46 am

I get put off from cash with dirty pennies and coins and skanky flimsy notes.

A crisp £50/£20 is orgasmic.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Wed May 30, 2012 6:49 am

crump wrote:I get put off from cash with dirty pennies and coins and skanky flimsy notes.

I had to take 500 quid out of the bank yesterday and they gave it to me in 20's and I looked like such a boss collecting a massive wad of money. Laughing
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed May 30, 2012 6:51 am

Cam wrote:
    crump wrote:I get put off from cash with dirty pennies and coins and skanky flimsy notes.

I had to take 500 quid out of the bank yesterday and they gave it to me in 20's and I looked like such a boss collecting a massive wad of money. Laughing

Fucking hell, what did you need that much for? shifty

Yeah I had like 150 in £10s before, bank didn't have £20s Dry Smile I felt such a boss with my wallet bulging Laughing

I also wish more banks would let you withdraw £5s, Barclays and HSBC are the only banks.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Wed May 30, 2012 7:04 am

crump wrote:
    Cam wrote:

Fucking hell, what did you need that much for? shifty

Yeah I had like 150 in £10s before, bank didn't have £20s Dry Smile I felt such a boss with my wallet bulging Laughing

I also wish more banks would let you withdraw £5s, Barclays and HSBC are the only banks.

Just wanted some spending money.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 7:13 am

Online banking is exceptional. How secure is mobile banking, in general? If one's phone is stolen, would one likely lose all of his money in the process?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed May 30, 2012 7:17 am

Glen Damon wrote:Online banking is exceptional. How secure is mobile banking, in general? If one's phone is stolen, would one likely lose all of his money in the process?

Well you have all these apps that require a username and password, so the thief would need that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 7:31 am

Cash weighs you down. Do you carry a pocket full of 2p's or something?

Last edited by Hadouken! on Wed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed May 30, 2012 7:38 am

Glen Damon wrote:Online banking is exceptional. How secure is mobile banking, in general? If one's phone is stolen, would one likely lose all of his money in the process?

Very these days. Considering you log out after each use, if it is stolen a phone call to your bank can correct all of this though and you usually get all your money back.

Hadouken! wrote:Cash ways you down. Do you carry a pocket full of 2p's or something?

No I throw them away if I have any on me, I mean having like 6-7 pound coins does when I go break into a note, which is more than often because I only really carry notes.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 am

Mostly pay with card now.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Wed May 30, 2012 8:09 am

crump wrote:

Very these days. Considering you log out after each use, if it is stolen a phone call to your bank can correct all of this though and you usually get all your money back.

Hadouken! wrote:Cash ways you down. Do you carry a pocket full of 2p's or something?

No I throw them away if I have any on me, I mean having like 6-7 pound coins does when I go break into a note, which is more than often because I only really carry notes.
    Throw them away as in just chuck them on the street?
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed May 30, 2012 8:58 am

ayvee1 wrote:
    crump wrote:

Throw them away as in just chuck them on the street?

Yes anything 5p or under gets thrown unless there's a tramp convenient. Obviously not in large quantities, if its like 4-5 2ps I'm like fuck that shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 11:51 am

I'm waiting for Bank of America to have that app where you can scan checks and it deposits it in your account.
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Wed May 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Cash
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed May 30, 2012 12:43 pm

ahlycotc wrote:I'm waiting for Bank of America to have that app where you can scan checks and it deposits it in your account.

Never found a real practical use for that, Chase has it but I just use Direct Deposit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:48 pm

dena wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:I'm waiting for Bank of America to have that app where you can scan checks and it deposits it in your account.

Never found a real practical use for that, Chase has it but I just use Direct Deposit.

When I referee, they don't have direct deposit. So I have to drive to the bank or ATM every time to deposit my checks.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed May 30, 2012 1:52 pm

dena wrote:

Chase was nowhere to be found when I lived in New York.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed May 30, 2012 2:00 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    dena wrote:

When I referee, they don't have direct deposit. So I have to drive to the bank or ATM every time to deposit my checks.

Oh i see.

N wrote:
    dena wrote:

Chase was nowhere to be found when I lived in New York.

When was this? There is a chase on every block now.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed May 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Ithaca, NY.

"Your search produced no results within 30 miles. Do you want to expand the search to include the nearest locations?"
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed May 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Oh that's way up there Laughing I'm in the city so they're thousands.

Did you go for college or something?
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed May 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Mhm. Cornell University.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed May 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Baller status.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Ivy League graduate. Nice.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed May 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Thank you. Most stressful yet enjoyable time of my life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 1:33 am