Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
SBSP
Laurencio
Cam
Muhkoo
VivaRonaldoLAD
Mr. Hassard
Kuled
Cadbury
jeb4eva
Marvin
fluffy_kittens
Jorlung
Rafael Benitez
Harrold
Ra's al Ghul
LFC_Grunners
Weather130
21 posters

2012/13 Europa League lineup

Weather130
    Weather130

2012/13 Europa League lineup Empty 2012/13 Europa League lineup

Post by Weather130 Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:05 am

Considering 161 or 162 will be taking part it would be a good idea to create a thread so everyone knows who takes part and when they start. If Chelsea wins the Champions League and finishes in 5th or 6th I do not know the round the 4th place side starts in. Perhaps the playoff round since that is the spot 5th place elsewise would take.

group stage
    title holder
    Lyon (Coupe de France winner)

playoff round
    Metalist Kharkiv (Ukraine 3rd)
    PSV (KNVB Cup winner)
    K.S.C. Lokeren O.V. (Belgian Cup winner)

3rd qualifying round
    Liverpool* (Carling Cup winner) or 6th place premier league
    Marseille (French League Cup winner)

2nd qualifying round
    FC Shakhtyor (Belarus 2nd)
    Legia Warszawa (Polish Cup winner)
    Aalesund (Norwegian Football Cup winner)
    Tromsø IL (Norway 2nd)
    AIK (Sweden 2nd)
    FC Inter Turku (Finland 2nd)
    Sligo Rovers (FAI Cup winner)

1st qualifying round
    FC Gomel (Belarus 3rd)
    Rosenborg (Norway 3rd)
    Elfsborg (Sweden 3rd)
    Kalmar FF (Svenska Cupen runner up)
    JJK (Finland 3rd)
    KuPS (Finnish Cup runner up)
    St Patrick's Athletic (Ireland 4th)
    Bohemians (Ireland 5th)
    Zimbru Chişinău (Moldova 3rd)
    VMFD Žalgiris (Lithuania 2nd or cup winner)
    FK Sūduva (Lithuania 3rd)
    FK Šiauliai (Lithuania 4th)
    FK Liepājas Metalurgs (Latvia 2nd or cup winner)
    FC Daugava (Latvia 3rd)
    Skonto FC (Latvia 4th or cup winner)
    NK Celje (Slovenian Cup)
    FH (Iceland 2nd)
    ÍBV (Iceland 3rd)
    Þór (Icelandic Cup runner up)
    FC Ordabasy (Kazakhstan Cup winner)
    FC Zhetysu (Kazakhstan 2nd)
    FC Aktobe (Kazakhstan 3rd)
    Nõmme Kalju (Estonia 2nd)
    Narva Trans (Estonia 3rd)
    Cefn Druids (Welsh Cup)
    Bangor City (Wales 2nd)
    Gandzasar (Armenia 2nd)
    Pyunik (Armenia 3rd)
    Crusaders (Irish Cup)
    Portadown (Northern Ireland 3rd)
    Cliftonville (Northern Ireland 4th)
    EB/Streymur (Faroe Islands Cup Winner)
    Víkingur (Faroe Islands 3rd)
    NSÍ Runavík (Faroe Islands 4th)
    FC Santa Coloma (Andorra 2nd)

Last edited by Weather130 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

2012/13 Europa League lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Europa League lineup

Post by LFC_Grunners Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:13 am

Bet we draw Marsielle in the qualifiers, would be typical of us Rolling Eyes
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri May 11, 2012 7:48 am

Time for a tournament information dump.

• Title Holder: If Title Holder Atlético Madrid qualifies for the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League (if they finish fourth in the 2011–12 La Liga) or for the group stage of 2012–13 UEFA Europa League (if they finish fifth and Barcelona win the 2011–12 Copa del Rey), then the Title Holder spot will not be used. As a result Rubin Kazan will be promoted to the group stage, winners of 2011–12 Swiss Cup will be promoted to the play-off round, winners of 2011–12 Austrian Cup will be promoted to the third qualifying round, and winners of 2011–12 Moldovan Cup and Žalgiris Vilnius will be promoted to the second qualifying round. Similar changes will be done if Atlético Madrid qualifies for any of qualifying rounds of 2012–13 UEFA Europa League (play-off round: if they finish fifth and Athletic Bilbao win the Copa Del Rey, or if they finish sixth and Barcelona win the Copa del Rey; third qualifying round: if they finish sixth and Athletic Bilbao win the Copa del Rey).

• Bosnia and Herzegovina (BIH): Široki Brijeg have qualified for the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League. Their starting round of the Europa League will depend on whether they win the 2011–12 Bosnia and Herzegovina Football Cup and their final position in the 2011–12 Premier League of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

• Denmark (DEN): Horsens have qualified for the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League. Their starting round of the Europa League will depend on whether they win the 2011–12 Danish Cup and their final position in the 2011–12 Danish Superliga.

• England (ENG): Chelsea may still qualify for the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League by winning the 2011–12 UEFA Champions League. In that case, the fourth-placed team of the 2011–12 Premier League will enter the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League instead of the Champions League.

• Hungary (HUN):

• Győr will finish in the top three of the 2011–12 Hungarian National Championship I, but they will not be eligible to enter either the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League or Europa League due to having been suspended from participating in UEFA competitions for the first season they qualify between the 2011–12 and 2013–14 seasons in relation to club licensing violations.[12] As a result, the fourth-placed team of the league will take one of Hungary's Europa League places in the first qualifying round.
      • Debrecen may still qualify for the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League by finishing first in the 2011–12 Hungarian National Championship I (or second if Győr win the league). If they qualify for the Champions League, MTK Budapest, the runners-up of the 2011–12 Hungarian Cup, will qualify for the Europa League and enter the first qualifying round.

• Netherlands (NED): Twente have qualified for the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League as they finished with the highest ranking in the Fair Play table among teams not yet qualified for Europe. Their starting round of the Europa League will depend on whether they win the Europa League play-offs. If they win, they will enter the second qualifying round, and Excelsior will qualify for the Europa League and enter the first qualifying round. Otherwise, Twente will enter the first qualifying round.[13]

• Portugal (POR): If Sporting CP win the 2011–12 Taça de Portugal, they will enter the group stage, Marítimo will enter the play-off round, and Nacional, the seventh-placed team of the 2011–12 Primeira Liga, will qualify for the Europa League and enter the third qualifying round.

• Republic of Ireland (IRL): Because Derry City, the third-placed team of the 2011 League of Ireland, went into liquidation two years ago which led to a European ban for three years and thus were refused entry to the 2012–13 European competitions by UEFA, Bohemians, the fifth-placed team of the league, claimed the Europa League spot in the first qualifying round.[14]

• Scotland (SCO): Despite finishing second in the 2011–12 Scottish Premier League, Rangers are not eligible to enter the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League or Europa League due to failing to exit administration in time to obtain a UEFA licence, unless they can successfully appeal.[15] As a result, Motherwell, the third-placed team of the league, will take Scotland's Champions League place in the non-champions path instead of entering the Europa League third qualifying round, and consequently, Dundee United, the fourth-placed team of the league, will enter the Europa League third qualifying round instead of the second qualifying round, and the fifth-placed team of the league will take Scotland's Europa League place in the second qualifying round.

• Slovakia (SVK): Žilina may still qualify for the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League by finishing first in the 2011–12 Slovak First League.

• Spain (ESP): Athletic Bilbao have qualified for the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League as they will face Champions League-qualified Barcelona in the 2011–12 Copa del Rey final. Their starting round of the Europa League will depend on whether they win the cup and their final position in the 2011–12 La Liga.

• Switzerland (SUI): Luzern have qualified for the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League as they will face Champions League-qualified Basel in the 2011–12 Swiss Cup final. Their starting round of the Europa League will depend on whether they win the cup and their final position in the 2011–12 Swiss Super League.

• Turkey (TUR): Bursaspor have qualified for the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League as they will face Champions League-qualified Fenerbahçe in the 2011–12 Turkish Cup final. Their starting round of the Europa League will depend on whether they win the cup and their final position in the Europa League Group of 2011–12 Süper Lig.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 9:08 am

Overflowing with care...
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 am

Edinho wrote:Overflowing with care...

If you hate my threads so much why do you bother to read them? That is a serious question that I do not quite understand. Every post is like a mini bump so you are stuck seeing it longer by doing this. You could always change the settings on here to ignore me if you hate all of this so much.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri May 11, 2012 9:59 am

Weather130 wrote:

If you hate my threads so much why do you bother to read them? That is a serious question that I do not quite understand. Every post is like a mini bump so you are stuck seeing it longer by doing this. You could always change the settings on here to ignore me if you hate all of this so much.

Demolished.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:03 am

Weather130 wrote:

And that is how it's done.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:03 am

Weather130 wrote:

I am purely expressing the rest of the forums feelings, thus encouraging you to stop making these tedious threads in the future.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Fri May 11, 2012 10:03 am

Weather130 wrote:

Weather. 2012/13 Europa League lineup 914411One of the best posters on here.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri May 11, 2012 10:12 am

Edinho wrote:
    Weather130 wrote:

I am purely expressing the rest of the forums feelings, thus encouraging you to stop making these tedious threads in the future.

Speak for yourself, I thoroughly enjoy reading his threads.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:18 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Edinho wrote:I am purely expressing the rest of the forums feelings, thus encouraging you to stop making these tedious threads in the future.

you read all his threads? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:20 am

Weather130 wrote:

clap
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 am

Edinho wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

you read all his threads? Neutral

Yes, most of them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:24 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Edinho wrote:you read all his threads? Neutral

Yes, most of them.
    lmao, I feel sorry for you.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri May 11, 2012 10:25 am

Edinho wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

Yes, most of them.
    lmao, I feel sorry for you.

You feel sorry for me because I enjoy expanding my knowledge on footballing matters? Idiot.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:27 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Edinho wrote:lmao, I feel sorry for you.

You feel sorry for me because I enjoy expanding my knowledge on footballing matters? Idiot.
    expanding your knowledge by reading paragraph after paragraph of jargon that is summed up by the thread title.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri May 11, 2012 10:31 am

Edinho wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

expanding your knowledge by reading paragraph after paragraph of jargon that is summed up by the thread title.

No, it isn't. The paragraphs go pretty in depth and they offer plenty of additional stuff that is both fascinating and informative.

Have some respect. Weather is the most constructive member on this forum. He constantly provides useful information regarding football and he never gets involved in petty skirmishes like so many other members do. We should be commending him, not castigating him.
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Fri May 11, 2012 10:32 am

Weather clap

Ed facepalm

Keep up the threads Weather Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:33 am

This thread was really helpful, as usual. Had Liverpool won the FA Cup, would that have affected their placing in this?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:39 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Edinho wrote:expanding your knowledge by reading paragraph after paragraph of jargon that is summed up by the thread title.

No, it isn't. The paragraphs go pretty in depth and they offer plenty of additional stuff that is both fascinating and informative.

Have some respect. Weather is the most constructive member on this forum. He constantly provides useful information regarding football and he never gets involved in petty skirmishes like so many other members do. We should be commending him, not castigating him.
    yes, I agree he is a very informative guy, but I simply implied that I didnt care.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:54 am

Well you obviously do care since you have commented in this thread 6 times.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:56 am

no, I dont care about the content of the OP at all, hence why I am not posting on topic in this thread, moron.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 10:57 am

Edinho wrote:no, I dont care about the content of the OP at all, hence why I am not posting on topic in this thread, moron.
    7 times now, you seem to post an awful lot for someone that "doesn't care". Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 11:00 am

Splashy wrote:
    Edinho wrote:no, I dont care about the content of the OP at all, hence why I am not posting on topic in this thread, moron.
    7 times now, you seem to post an awful lot for someone that "doesn't care". Rolling Eyes
    I dont care about the content of the OP, but of course I shall respond when people disagree and argue with me
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri May 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Glen Damon wrote:This thread was really helpful, as usual. Had Liverpool won the FA Cup, would that have affected their placing in this?

Yes if Liverpool won the FA Cup they would have gone straight to the group stage. I am also slightly confused with what exactly happens here if Chelsea wins the Champions League what happens to the 4th place team. Will they take Chelsea's spot in the group stage or do they start in the spot the 5th place team takes? Everything I read about this seems slightly confusing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 10:13 pm

looking back on this thread, I was an extreme cunt and my conduct was inexcusable, apologies, Weather.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Tue May 15, 2012 10:28 am

This tournament is stacked so I will list some of the "big" sides that will play in this thing. I am not going to put down sides that are stuck in a situation is not completely

Group stage:

Atlético Madrid
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Lyon

Playoff round

Newcastle United
    VfB Stuttgart
    Rubin Kazan
    CSKA Moscow
    PSV
    AZ

third qualifying round

Liverpool
    Hannover 96
    Inter Milan
    Marseille
    Trabzonspor

Second Qualifying Round

FC Viktoria Plzeň
    APOEL
    Legia Warszawa
    Red Star Belgrade

First Qualfying Round

Rosenborg
    Kalmar FF
    Stabæk
    Twente

Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Académica de Coimbra made up for a poor Liga campaign by ending a 73-year wait for silverware, beating Sporting Clube de Portugal 1-0 in the Portuguese Cup final.

2012/13 Europa League lineup 1788065_w2

Coach Ricardo Sá Pinto was unable to prevent Sporting's defeat by Académica

trophy with a 1-0 win against Sporting Clube de Portugal in the Portuguese Cup final.
    Having only avoided relegation on the last day of the Portuguese Liga, Pedro Emanuel's men were the underdogs going into this match, but took the lead after four minutes, when Diogo Valente's cross from the left allowed Marinho to beat goalkeeper Rui Patrício with a diving header. Sporting tried to react, but the UEFA Europa League semi-finalists only managed to create one real chance before the break, with Ricky van Wolfswinkel shooting wide.

The Lions could well have been two goals behind inside the first three minutes of the second-half but Académica's Edinho failed to profit from two golden chances. Van Wolfswinkel could have equalised straight away but this time it was Académica's goalkeeper Ricardo who shone.

Sporting pressed on in search of a goal to force extra time, but created little apart from Stijn Schaars' free-kick, saved by Ricardo, and Ricardo Sá Pinto's men were unable to avoid a defeat which sends them to the third qualifying round of next season's UEFA Europa League. As a result of their win, Académica secured their place in the group stage of the same competition.

Académica coach Pedro Emanuel said: "This is the spirit that has to exist all the time. This is an amazing team which endured tough times this season but was able to use their strengths. It's an amazing present for the club, the city and all the people who believed in our team. It was a good and well-played spectacle. I'm very happy".

What a wonderful competition to win to end a 73 year drought. Now Académica de Coimbra is in next year's Europa League group stage.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Here is a list of non top tier teams in Europe;

Þór (Iceland) 2nd tier

USV Eschen/Mauren (Liechtenstein cup winner) Swiss 3rd tier

Cefn Druids (Wales) 2nd tier
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 1:23 pm

I read that Liverpool are automatically into the group stages because of Chelsea's win. Is this correct?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:04 am