Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Demba Ba
Dan
Jess
Childish Logic
Theo Filippo
Mal
luke.
Lux
12 posters

Do you have faith in the court/justice system?

Poll

Do you?

[ 1 ]
    Do you have faith in the court/justice system? Bar_left11%Do you have faith in the court/justice system? Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Do you have faith in the court/justice system? Bar_left44%Do you have faith in the court/justice system? Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Do you have faith in the court/justice system? Bar_left44%Do you have faith in the court/justice system? Bar_right [44%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Anonymous

Do you have faith in the court/justice system? Empty Do you have faith in the court/justice system?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:20 am

Explain.
    Anonymous

Do you have faith in the court/justice system? Empty Re: Do you have faith in the court/justice system?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:38 am

Not all the time.

For example, the legal system found Troy Davis guilty of murder and was sentenced to death even though there wasn't 100% proof that he was guilty (He was black by the way). Yet a black kid gets killed (100% sure) and the murderer doesn't even get arrested.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Do you have faith in the court/justice system? Empty Re: Do you have faith in the court/justice system?

Post by Lux Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:43 am

Faith? Loosely....but I don't like to assume anything without personally knowing the facts and the situation so that I can assess it myself.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:35 am

Depends on the case.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:45 am

Kim Dotcom - 50 years.

Anders behring Breivik - 20 years.

Justice system (worldwide)= fucked. lool
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:47 am

Anders won't get out in 20 years though he will just get re-sentenced, that's what happens in Norway.

Also what kind of fucking name is Kim Dotcom. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:56 am

http://kim.com/
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:03 am

^^ Fantastic website.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:10 am

Not in Scotland, no.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:32 am

No
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:48 am

Absolutely not. Public opinion plays too large a role in the court system.
    ahlycotc wrote:Not all the time.

For example, the legal system found Troy Davis guilty of murder and was sentenced to death even though there wasn't 100% proof that he was guilty (He was black by the way). Yet a black kid gets killed (100% sure) and the murderer doesn't even get arrested.
    Are you talking about Trayvon Martin there?

Jess

Post by Jess Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:05 am

Apparently 9/10 rapists are never put in front of a court, so no not really.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:08 am

8/10 rapists are normally convicted wrong.
    Dan
    Dan

Post by Dan Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:14 am

120% of all statistics are incorrect.
    Jess

Post by Jess Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:20 am

Regardless! It needs to be sorted out.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:35 am

I'd like to think that they try to come to the right decision in all cases but it's not a 100% trust I have in him. They do make plenty of mistakes from time to time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:02 am

Dan wrote:120% of all statistics are incorrect.
    rofl So funny.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:40 am

7/5 of people don't understand fractions. Uneducated cretins.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:33 am

what are your thoughts Jela?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:57 am

El_indian wrote:what are your thoughts Jela?

Well, considering I'm in my local court every Monday for vandalism and the likes then I'd be driven to say we don't get on so well. Laughing
    lo lo lo
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Glen Damon wrote:Absolutely not. Public opinion plays too large a role in the court system.

Yes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Glen Damon wrote:Absolutely not. Public opinion plays too large a role in the court system.

Examples to back up what you said?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:30 am

Well it takes a strong man, baby, but I'm showing you the door 'cause I gotta have faith. I gotta have faith, 'cause I gotta have faith-a, faith-a, faith, I gotta have faith-a, faith-a, faith.

BABY.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:32 am

Laughing Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:33 am

I wonder who Waxing Lyrical is. Robyn?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:00 am

Jordo wrote:
    Glen Damon wrote:Absolutely not. Public opinion plays too large a role in the court system.Are you talking about Trayvon Martin there?

Examples to back up what you said?
    The case of Luis Suarez.

Come to think of it, the courts have generally done a good job at discounting public opinion-take the Casey Anthony case as your example for that. In all seriousness, I think what I meant to say was "personal biases." Especially within the jury. When you have an individual being tried for the murder of a child, and your jury consists of middle class parents, that doesn't exactly set up a fair and unbiased trial. Fortunately, I don't have any first hand experience of being on trial, so I have not been a victim yet.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:20 am

75% of the time yes, but I've heard of enough cases where incompetent people have let injustice lay.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:41 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Glen Damon wrote:Absolutely not. Public opinion plays too large a role in the court system.Are you talking about Trayvon Martin there?

Yes.
    That is certainly a touchy issue. I don't agree with the way in which the media is addressing the issue, however. I hope that the court comes to the correct decision, although I already fear that Zimmerman is doomed to being found guilty. It will be interesting to see the evidence.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:47 am

Glen Damon wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Yes.
    That is certainly a touchy issue. I don't agree with the way in which the media is addressing the issue, however. I hope that the court comes to the correct decision, although I already fear that Zimmerman is doomed to being found guilty. It will be interesting to see the evidence.

What pisses me off is that he wasn't even arrested and tried.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:06 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Glen Damon wrote:That is certainly a touchy issue. I don't agree with the way in which the media is addressing the issue, however. I hope that the court comes to the correct decision, although I already fear that Zimmerman is doomed to being found guilty. It will be interesting to see the evidence.

What pisses me off is that he wasn't even arrested and tried.
    He has been arrested now, I thought? I haven't been watching the "Today Show" as much as I normally do. shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:42 am