Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Sean
Weather130
ResurrectionRooney
crump
Ben 10
Jorlung
Drake
11 posters

The Sun apologise to Preston North End FC.

Drake
    Drake

The Sun apologise to Preston North End FC. Empty The Sun apologise to Preston North End FC.

Post by Drake Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:35 am

The Sun newspaper have issued a retraction of a story published on 30th January about manager Graham Westley.

Published online and in Saturday 4th February's edition of the newspaper, the apology reads as follows:

"An article on January 30 stated that Graham Westley, Manager of Preston North End FC, had sent a bizarre late night text telling players to prepare for a 9/11 style terror attack and encouraging reaction to it. Our report was incorrect.

"We accept that Mr Westley sent no such text to players or otherwise. We are happy to set the record straight and apologise to Mr Westley and Preston North End FC."

Fucking idiots Laughing

http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10362~2599976,00.html
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

The Sun apologise to Preston North End FC. Empty Re: The Sun apologise to Preston North End FC.

Post by Jorlung Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:39 am

What... I don't even...

The Sun apologise to Preston North End FC. 881856
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

The Sun apologise to Preston North End FC. Empty Re: The Sun apologise to Preston North End FC.

Post by Ben 10 Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:43 am

Shite newspaper.

Didn't even get to read the article because I was at school and it was taken down so quick.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:49 am

Should sue the cunts.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Post by Ben 10 Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:03 am

We probably should
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:05 am

Risdale should take no shit and sue the cunts.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:20 am

Fuck suing them. Boycott the Sun!

JFPNE
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:21 am

Billy Davies wrote:Fuck suing them. Boycott the Sun!

JFPNE

Ban.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Post by Ben 10 Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:23 am

I don't read it anyway Laughing

Other thing sot be worrying about anyway, a 17-year old PNE fan died this morning and all the PNE fans are uniting in grief
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 am

Billy Davies wrote:Fuck suing them. Boycott the Sun!

JFPNE

Fuck off Forest.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:28 am

hume7 wrote:I don't read it anyway Laughing

Other thing sot be worrying about anyway, a 17-year old PNE fan died this morning and all the PNE fans are uniting in grief
    He was such a nice lad always good to speak to on twitter Sad

What did Daley put on his wall?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:06 pm

R.I.P to the Preston fan Sad
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:12 pm

R.I.P.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:15 pm

RIP
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 pm

JFPNE, Don't Buy The Sun. This fight will go on forever.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm

It is hard to believe a person could say something like that aloud without getting in serious trouble. The Sun must be very desperate to get new readers by coming out with garbage like this.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:45 pm

How dare they slander my entire home town by suggesting the football club's manager supports terrorism. I'm absolutely fucking furious, no true Prestonian or Preston fan will ever buy that newspaper again. The Sun have never even properly apologised for what they did, and still pay the editor's wages. I'm absolutely fuming.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:45 pm

What the fuck, how do you even come up with that? Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Here's a rereporting of the original article

London, Jan 30 : Preston North End manager Graham Westley left his players bewildered after he sent a late-night text asking them to be prepared for a 9/11-style terror attack.

He said that their hotel is being targeted by Al-Qaida before their crunch game with Yeovil, which they lost 2-1 on Saturday.

"In view of the must win game tomorrow beware of the low flying aircrafts as we are in a very high hotel which will be a target for al quaeda leaders (sic)," the Sun quoted his text message as saying.

"If we come under attack we must stick together and keep evolving as a team and bring pain on them. Make sure u have right footwear on incase of such events," he said.

The bizarre message left the League One Club's players confused.

"Nobody is quite sure what to make of it. They don't know if it is meant as a joke or what," a source said.

"It is a very odd thing to say. They can't work the gaffer out - they all think he's lost the plot," the source added.

Last week Westley - who joined Preston from Stevenage earlier this month - dropped four players from the team in a 2 am text.

He apologised for delivering the news so late, claiming it had taken a long time to add all the players' numbers to his phone's address book.

"I have always communicated in different ways and I have no plans to stop," he said. (ANI)

Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:49 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:How dare they slander my entire home town by suggesting the football club's manager supports terrorism. I'm absolutely fucking furious, no true Prestonian or Preston fan will ever buy that newspaper again. The Sun have never even properly apologised for what they did, and still pay the editor's wages. I'm absolutely fuming.

Not sure if srs, or making digs at Liverpool fans..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Make sure u have right footwear on incase of such events

The Sun apologise to Preston North End FC. 70955
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Benitez wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:How dare they slander my entire home town by suggesting the football club's manager supports terrorism. I'm absolutely fucking furious, no true Prestonian or Preston fan will ever buy that newspaper again. The Sun have never even properly apologised for what they did, and still pay the editor's wages. I'm absolutely fuming.

Not sure if srs, or making digs at Liverpool fans..

Same.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:56 pm

I am deadly serious about this, some might say too serious. It is an attack on Preston as a city, on Preston North End as a Football Club, and on me as someone who was born in that dump. In fact it's an affront to all the victims of terrorism, and all those who've had their tax money wasted on the 'War On Terror'.

The only way this could be rectified is if The Sun prints a front page headline with only the words WE LIED in block capitals on the front page. Until that day I will not buy that newspaper.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:58 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I am deadly serious about this, some might say too serious. It is an attack on Preston as a city, on Preston North End as a Football Club, and on me as someone who was born in that dump. In fact it's an affront to all the victims of terrorism, and all those who've had their tax money wasted on the 'War On Terror'.

The only way this could be rectified is if The Sun prints a front page headline with only the words WE LIED in block capitals on the front page. Until that day I will not buy that newspaper.

They apologized for it and retracted the article. I think that's enough.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I am deadly serious about this, some might say too serious. It is an attack on Preston as a city, on Preston North End as a Football Club, and on me as someone who was born in that dump. In fact it's an affront to all the victims of terrorism, and all those who've had their tax money wasted on the 'War On Terror'.

I can tell you haven't been personally affected by the disaster that the Sun used to try and make more money.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:05 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

I can tell you haven't been personally affected by the disaster that the Sun used to try and make more money.

I was referring to the WE LIED title on the front page. I don't have a problem with you boycotting them though.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:06 pm

The Sun are cunt's and would never put that in their paper
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:34 pm

RR trolling or RR being a hypocrite.

neu hat
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Sean wrote:What the fuck, how do you even come up with that? Laughing

Because Graham Westley did text his players about team news and tactics so The Sun are just carrying on from that and making up some proper bullshit. Laughing
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Post by Ben 10 Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 am

Yeah he did text our players before his first game the line-up and stuff but the Sun are just desperate to write anything so thought of this Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:50 pm