Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ResurrectionRooney
Mal
El_indian
Keanoo
dena
9 posters

England to move for Mourinho?

Anonymous

England to move for Mourinho? Empty England to move for Mourinho?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:44 pm

Jose Mourinho will be in the running to become England manager if he quits Real Madrid in the summer, according to well-placed ESPNsoccernet sources.

The Football Association is delaying drawing up a shortlist of candidates to allow Fabio Capello to prepare for the European Championships, but it is inevitable that the next England manager will be high on the agenda as the tournament draws nearer.

While it has been recognised for nearly 18 months that the FA prefer an English candidate, ESPNsoccernet can reveal that the door will not be shut on any compelling foreign coaches' claims, if their candidacy is far superior to that of the limited number of English options.

Harry Redknapp, Roy Hodgson and Alan Pardew are the most speculated names currently among the very short list of English coaches who might qualify as Capello's successor.

However, Arsene Wenger would be welcomed on board by the FA, if he opted to quit Arsenal in the summer, but having come through the worst part of Arsenal's dip this season, the possibility of Wenger being available is very much speculative.

It has come to the FA's attention that Mourinho is making noises about a return to English football for next season, and with such limited possibilities in the Premier League, the England manager role would be something for the Portuguese to consider for a second time.

ESPNsoccernet understands that Mourinho might well have been hired ahead of Capello had he made himself available for an interview but, although he had indicated through third parties that he might want the job, he changed his mind before any formal talks ever took place.

Mourinho is currently ready to entertain a return to English football after a four-year absence, although at this stage he has thought mostly about a major club such as Manchester United, or indeed Manchester City, but there is every chance that neither role would be vacant for next season. Sir Alex Ferguson is showing no sign of retirement and Roberto Mancini is still in favour at City.

Real are seven points clear at the top of the Primera Division, but the 49-year-old has not managed to break Barcelona's dominance in matches between the two rivals and he has attracted a raft of negative headlines, although English football is already familiar with the inevitable controversy that always surrounds him.

It would be a massive coup for the FA, no matter how expensive, to land Mourinho. With dipping values in TV rights, and the concerns over the value of friendlies, Mourinho would reignite interest in the England team.

Mourinho spent three years at Chelsea from June 2004, twice winning the Premier League and League Cup as well as the FA Cup before his sudden exit in September 2007.

It is often felt that the FA goes for the safe option but, in spite of his controversial approach, Mourinho's appointment would likely be welcomed by the public, even above an English candidate.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1015344/fa-to-move-for-jose-mourinho-to-replace-fabio-capello?&cc=5901
    Anonymous

England to move for Mourinho? Empty Re: England to move for Mourinho?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:44 pm

Sorry, wrong section. Please move it.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:49 pm

This is in the wrong section.
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:55 pm

I think this may be in the wrong section.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:58 pm

We've got some real comedians in here.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Wrong section Ahly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:03 pm

Wrong sec...right...I should probably move this.

Redknapp will not be pleased if this happens.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:Wrong section Ahly.

Forgive me, let me go replace the name of a look-a-like instead of Mourinho's name while others ponder in confusion while they read the article. England to move for Mourinho? 3925848005
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:54 pm

Soccernet is getting to be just as bad as goal.com

This is never going to happen, esp with a manager like Mourinho - he would have almost no time to work with his players and have his fun with the media, it's no fun for him.

He wants to be back in England - I believe that, I don't know where he'll go though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Redknapp to England - Mourinho to Spurs.

Quote me on this, it's gonna happen Simples
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:50 pm

COYS wrote:Redknapp to England - Mourinho to Spurs.

Quote me on this, it's gonna happen Simples

Redknapp will manage England from jail? England to move for Mourinho? 3925848005
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:52 pm

Couldn't do any worse then Capello Mischief
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:04 pm

If TSO wants it then Redknapp can go fuck himself, that's if he's not taking it up the arse from his cellmates by then. He did a good job at Tottenham but elsewhere he's left a trail of carnage behind him, laying waste to every club he's taken over. Without a transfer market he wouldn't be half the manager.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:11 pm

I think even the serial bummers in jail would avoid Redknapp. Neutral
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:If TSO wants it then Redknapp can go fuck himself, that's if he's not taking it up the arse from his cellmates by then. He did a good job at Tottenham but elsewhere he's left a trail of carnage behind him, laying waste to every club he's taken over. Without a transfer market he wouldn't be half the manager.
    You could say that about any manager.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:00 am

easley91 wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:If TSO wants it then Redknapp can go fuck himself, that's if he's not taking it up the arse from his cellmates by then. He did a good job at Tottenham but elsewhere he's left a trail of carnage behind him, laying waste to every club he's taken over. Without a transfer market he wouldn't be half the manager.
    You could say that about any manager.
    You could say that, but you'd be wrong. Some managers aren't reliant on the transfer market, they're reliant on motivation, team selection, tactics. Redknapp doesn't even use tactics.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:58 am

If he accomplishes what he wants at Real this season, I can see him going to Germany. Bayern perhaps if they don't win the league.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Wenger >>>>>>>>>> Mourinho Simples

But neither will get it and I can't see Redmnapp leaving Spurs after this season they are having.

Fuck Hodgson and Pardew
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:55 pm

COYS wrote:Couldn't do any worse then Capello Mischief

Considering Capello has the best win % of any England manager ever, I'd say that's very unlikely.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Which is why I put the Mischief smiley Wink
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:If he accomplishes what he wants at Real this season, I can see him going to Germany. Bayern perhaps if they don't win the league.

I think he said he'd only manage another club in England or the Portuguese national team (correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:52 pm