Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
GK01
lvrpl4life
SBSP
Ham.
LFC_Grunners
jonnyc23
BigJ0526
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
AussieBhoy
Theo Filippo
VivaRonaldoLAD
Zzonked
Cadbury
Drake
ShakerMatty
TheRangersFan
Carlos Jenkinson
Jordi
ayvee1
Sean
The Zlatan
Lux
Uncle John from Jamaica
Laurencio
MickStupp
Ben 10
Pippo
ConorCelticFC
33 posters

The quality and attraction of Celtic

Anonymous

The quality and attraction of Celtic - Page 2 Empty Re: The quality and attraction of Celtic

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:07 am

Scott MacDougall wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:

Fantastic response Scott. Maybe you didn't manage to read it properly because of all that pussy your drowning in?
    You really are a shit member.

You really are a phaggot. Get that Edward scissor hands hairstyle chopped off you ugly cunt.
    Anonymous

The quality and attraction of Celtic - Page 2 Empty Re: The quality and attraction of Celtic

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:08 am

rofl SO MUCH HATE! rofl
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:12 am

Fuck off Maestro you incredibly biased cunt.

Scott I got yo back.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:12 am

hume7 wrote:Fuck off Maestro you incredibly biased cunt.

Scott I got yo back.

Love
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:15 am

Scott MacDougall wrote:
    hume7 wrote:Fuck off Maestro you incredibly biased cunt.

Scott I got yo back.

Love

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:16 am

Exciting, attacking football? I'm guessing you do this against the league 2 standard sides? And against your fellow league 1 standard side (Rangers) you just both hoof it to each other as we saw the other week.

Also

Bothroyd
    Nugent

Both got called up to the England squad as Championship players.

Hooper? Never been in it. Championship > SPL.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:17 am

James wrote:Exciting, attacking football? I'm guessing you do this against the league 2 standard sides? And against your fellow league 1 standard side (Rangers) you just both hoof it to each other as we saw the other week.

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:18 am

Laurencio wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:Laurencio, more and more players are now using the Scottish Premier League as a stepping stone in the Premiership, I can only think of Alan Pardew who criticised the standard of the league.

Capello won't even consider Hooper, he could score 50 goals in Scotland and not get a look in. The bigger clubs in the premiership are a lot more likely to consider buying a player if he plays well in the premiership than if he plays well in Scotland. It might not be fair, but it's how things are.

Ive actually got agree with this, and i think Celtic are a great club and a massive club and if things were different with cash investment and if they were playing in a bigger and better League they could possible be a major club all over the world with their fan base. But the standard of the SPL has been getting worse and i think its just going to keep getting worse unless there is major changes, I think Celtic and Rangers have a few good players that could possible make it in the Premiership or a higher level of League but not that many, and as for the rest of the SPL well those teams really do lack the quality of player, and as you have said scoring 50 goals in Scotland its possible to do that and you still wont get a look in for the English national side.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:19 am

I've done it again. I've pressed a button in this thread and now i'm getting emails when people reply to it. How do I turn it off? Laughing
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:19 am

Southampton play good football good manager who is better than Lennon

And also their average attendance is just over 26,000.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:20 am

Alan wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Capello won't even consider Hooper, he could score 50 goals in Scotland and not get a look in. The bigger clubs in the premiership are a lot more likely to consider buying a player if he plays well in the premiership than if he plays well in Scotland. It might not be fair, but it's how things are.

Ive actually got agree with this, and i think Celtic are a great club and a massive club and if things were different with cash investment and if they were playing in a bigger and better League they could possible be a major club all over the world with their fan base. But the standard of the SPL has been getting worse and i think its just going to keep getting worse unless there is major changes, I think Celtic and Rangers have a few good players that could possible make it in the Premiership or a higher level of League but not that many, and as for the rest of the SPL well those teams really do lack the quality of player, and as you have said scoring 50 goals in Scotland its possible to do that and you still wont get a look in for the English national side.

not worthy
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:22 am

James wrote:I've done it again. I've pressed a button in this thread and now i'm getting emails when people reply to it. How do I turn it off? Laughing

Actions - Stop Watching This Topic. Top right corner of the topic.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:24 am

James wrote:Exciting, attacking football? I'm guessing you do this against the league 2 standard sides? And against your fellow league 1 standard side (Rangers) you just both hoof it to each other as we saw the other week.
    That's actually a really shit game to base your knowledge on considering how poor it was in comparison to other games this season (the conditions couldn't have helped). Plus, Celtic have always went out to attack in Europe.

Last edited by MickStupp on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:24 am

cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:27 am

The OP's post is now buried behind James and Scott recycling the same old ridicule the SPL nonsense
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:30 am

You really think Celtic are a League 1 side James? I can't believe that. We don't buy from that league and only sign the best players from the Championship (Ledley, Hooper, Commons)
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:30 am

Also, the SPL may be in decline, but the Celtic side are the best in several years.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:32 am

Hooper was playing for a team predicted bottom every season, no idea how he'd do in a good team. Ledley was always for sale from Cardiff, as expected he has faded away now he went north. Commons was never one of the decent players in the Championship, nevermind the best. Laughing

I truly believe if Rangers and Celtic came into the English league, they'd be yo-yoing betwen League 1 and the Championship.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:37 am

James wrote:Hooper was playing for a team predicted bottom every season, no idea how he'd do in a good team. Ledley was always for sale from Cardiff, as expected he has faded away now he went north. Commons was never one of the decent players in the Championship, nevermind the best. Laughing

I truly believe if Rangers and Celtic came into the English league, they'd be yo-yoing betwen League 1 and the Championship.

Hooper scored more than Andy Carroll when he was in the Championship in 09/10. And played less games. Surely the fact that he scored so many goals in a bad team is a sign of quality. Ledley was not for sale at all, he was considered their best player and Roma and Stoke tried to sign him. Commons was top scorer when we bought him in January.

How many League 1 teams could draw twice over two legs with the team top of Serie A? I don't get how a League 1 team would have the means to sign all these top Championship players who premiership clubs are interested in. Southampton, top of the Champinship, have a player proven not good enough for us starting every week!
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:39 am

Hooper is a good player, but he could probably do better than Celtic by going to a low Premier League team.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:40 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    James wrote:Hooper was playing for a team predicted bottom every season, no idea how he'd do in a good team. Ledley was always for sale from Cardiff, as expected he has faded away now he went north. Commons was never one of the decent players in the Championship, nevermind the best. Laughing

Hooper scored more than Andy Carroll when he was in the Championship in 09/10. And played less games. Surely the fact that he scored so many goals in a bad team is a sign of quality. Ledley was not for sale at all, he was considered their best player and Roma and Stoke tried to sign him. Commons was top scorer when we bought him in January.

How many League 1 teams could draw twice over two legs with the team top of Serie A? I don't get how a League 1 team would have the means to sign all these top Championship players who premiership clubs are interested in. Southampton, top of the Champinship, have a player proven not good enough for us starting every week!

Where do you think Celtic would be if they were to go into the English Leagues?
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:41 am

Between midtable and relegation in the Premiership. A bit like West Brom.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:42 am

I think for a good lot of years we would be a yo-yo club between Championship and PL. The money from reaching the Premier League would do wonders for us though.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:42 am

Celtic would definitely be low Premier League or even Championship at best.

How can you compare West Brom to Celtic? Most of their players are better position for position.

You're comparable maybe...to a team like Wigan.

Last edited by Lux on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:

First of all, have you heard of Darren Bent? This man scores shit loads of goals but have you noticed every team he has played in has done shit? Hooper is Bents shitter cousin.

Celtic use their past glory to buy these players, it isn't as if they are even buying good players. These are lower Championship talents and as has been proved in past seasons, League 1 players can cut it in the Championship.
    And all you seem to do is talk about players ability. Have you ever thought your manager is shit? And can't actually get the best out of players, hence the reason they flop. I've said plenty of times, any decent manager would take a team in the SPL (outside of Celtic and Rangers) and crack the top 2 if given a couple of seasons.

Maybe if Celtic joined the English league and gave it a few years they'd improve and be on Southampton's level. But right now, Celtic and Rangers are on par with Sheffield United.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:Between midtable and relegation in the Premiership. A bit like West Brom.

Depends on how much money you could invest straight away. The team you currently have could probably survive the premiership, but you'd need a bit of luck.

Sean wrote:I think for a good lot of years we would be a yo-yo club between Championship and PL. The money from reaching the Premier League would do wonders for us though.

I agree.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:45 am

That's a great post tbh. shifty I don't agree with your team completely though
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:45 am

Their team would not survive in the Premiership. They have a bunch of lower Championship players apparently, and we all know no one is guaranteed to go up or stay up in that league.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:46 am

The quality of team and status of club is the worst it's been for Celtic for a very, very long time IMO.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:48 am

James wrote:Their team would not survive in the Premiership. They have a bunch of lower Championship players apparently, and we all know no one is guaranteed to go up or stay up in that league.

If they invested heavily then I see no reason why they couldn't stay up. It's not like Celtic can't afford to invest £20-25M to stay up. Their turnover is £62M after all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 1:44 am