Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
GK01
lvrpl4life
SBSP
Ham.
LFC_Grunners
jonnyc23
BigJ0526
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
AussieBhoy
Theo Filippo
VivaRonaldoLAD
Zzonked
Cadbury
Drake
ShakerMatty
TheRangersFan
Carlos Jenkinson
Jordi
ayvee1
Sean
The Zlatan
Lux
Uncle John from Jamaica
Laurencio
MickStupp
Ben 10
Pippo
ConorCelticFC
33 posters

The quality and attraction of Celtic

Anonymous

The quality and attraction of Celtic - Page 9 Empty Re: The quality and attraction of Celtic

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:59 am

The Maestro wrote:Ahly, do you remember someone challenged you to produce a list of any players who came from the Scottish Premier League to the Premiership? Or a bigger league? I can't remember which one it was.

A list of players who left Celtic and Rangers and directly joined a better club in any league.

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

inb4PolskaRage

Eh?

You have just enraged our fellow Polish member, polska, with that statement. Expect a rage filled essay now. Laughing
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

The quality and attraction of Celtic - Page 9 Empty Re: The quality and attraction of Celtic

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 am

Looking forward to it. I'm right though.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:07 am

I don't like Green TBH...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:07 am

It was me who challenged him to do that. I said I would do the same for English clubs. Recent history there has been very little established ones from the Scottish league. In the past there will have been a few, but also a lot in lower English leagues that have moved onto big teams straight away... The likes of Kevin Keegan.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:07 am

Was there not a player who just left the Polish league for £7M? I doubt we'd pay that much
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:09 am

James wrote:It was me who challenged him to do that. I said I would do the same for English clubs. Recent history there has been very little established ones from the Scottish league. In the past there will have been a few, but also a lot in lower English leagues that have moved onto big teams straight away... The likes of Kevin Keegan.

Define what you are asking for, is it Championship and Scottish Premier League players who have moved on to bigger leagues, is it recently or as far back as you want?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 am

It is SPL that have moved onto established European Clubs vs Championship and lower that have moved onto established European Clubs in a straight swap.

League 1, League 2 are easily included because they are a lower quality league than the Championship and are English.

Btw, Gary Hooper, Ledley, Lafferty have all moved to an established European club according to your Celtic buddies. I think I could win this.

Timeframe doesn't matter to me. I can use Wikipedia and i'm positive that i'm more knowledgeable when it comes to football anyway.

Last edited by James on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:12 am

The transfer record for a player from the Polish league is 4.3 mill
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:13 am

James wrote:It is SPL that have moved onto established European Clubs vs Championship and lower that have moved onto established European Clubs in a straight swap.

League 1, League 2 are easily included because they are a lower quality league than the Championship and are English.

Btw, Gary Hooper, Ledley, Lafferty have all moved to an established European club according to your Celtic buddies. I think I could win this.

Timeframe doesn't matter to me. I can use Wikipedia and i'm positive that i'm more knowledgeable when it comes to football anyway.

Might make up for you getting destroyed a few pages back. Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:14 am

I haven't been destroyed when we've been on this topic. Every single thing i've said it correct, Celtic are a big club in a poor league with a shit team.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:16 am

James wrote:It is SPL that have moved onto established European Clubs vs Championship and lower that have moved onto established European Clubs in a straight swap.

NO, league 1 and 2 don't count as it's Championship or SPL .. Not SPL or Championship/League 1/League 2

It doesn't really bother me if you "win" or not, I'm only doing it out of general interest.

ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:16 am

James wrote:I haven't been destroyed when we've been on this topic. Every single thing i've said it correct, Celtic are a big club in a poor league with a shit team.

Shit relative to who though? Certainly not the teams you mentioned and certainly not Southampton (even the Southampton fan said that). It's there for all to see.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 am

Also am I allowed to include clubs who are smaller than Celtic? If a player moved from the Scottish Premier League whilst playing for Celtic, into a better league, but for a smaller club, does that count?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:18 am

The Maestro wrote:

NO, league 1 and 2 don't count as it's Championship or SPL .. Not SPL or Championship/League 1/League 2

It doesn't really bother me if you "win" or not, I'm only doing it out of general interest.

Why? League 1 and League 2 are both worse and in the same country therefore should count.

I know why, you will be destroyed.

If you just accepted that Celtic are a top half league 1 side then this contest would be much closer. SPL v League 1 and League 2 is a much more even contest, SPL might even come out on top.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:19 am

Liam Miller and Larsson went to the two biggest clubs in the world.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:19 am

The Maestro wrote:Also am I allowed to include clubs who are smaller than Celtic? If a player moved from the Scottish Premier League whilst playing for Celtic, into a better league, but for a smaller club, does that count?

Obviously not. The player has to have moved to an established European club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:20 am

Waiting for your list James, remember, it was a Championship versus Scottish Premier League debate, include transfers from League 1 and 2 and they won't count.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:20 am

Should we not judge on impact as well?

ie. Miller had fuck all.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 am

James wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:

Why? League 1 and League 2 are both worse and in the same country therefore should count.

I know why, you will be destroyed.

If you just accepted that Celtic are a top half league 1 side then this contest would be much closer. SPL v League 1 and League 2 is a much more even contest, SPL might even come out on top.

Why would a Southampton fan agree that Celtic's team is better than theirs then? They are top of the Champ.

Why would a league 1 side like us have about 6 players not good enough for us currently loaned out to the championship?

Silly boy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:22 am

The Maestro wrote:Waiting for your list James, remember, it was a Championship versus Scottish Premier League debate, include transfers from League 1 and 2 and they won't count.

Of course they count. League 1 and League 2 are in England and both below the Championship.

And i'm not doing it tonight, I have more important stuff to do. I'll post it over the weekend.

Loser has to post their fb or gets perma ban?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:27 am

James wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:Waiting for your list James, remember, it was a Championship versus Scottish Premier League debate, include transfers from League 1 and 2 and they won't count.

Of course they count. League 1 and League 2 are in England and both below the Championship.

And i'm not doing it tonight, I have more important stuff to do. I'll post it over the weekend.

Loser has to post their fb or gets perma ban?

Why? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:27 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:I never understood the argument that Scottish teams have no money.

Big fucking whoop. My league is improving yearly (and having surpassed) with even less money, infrastructure, and appeal/popularity than the SPL. As has the Cypriot and Israeli leagues in the past decade. As a matter of fact, as has the Swiss and Belgium league with comparable amounts of money. So has the non-major Portuguese teams.

You are badly managed, and you will remain badly managed even if you suddenly fell into a bunch of cash. Isn't Rangers supposed to be owned bya super rich guy or something? I can't help but feel I've heard Jela going crazy about some takeover months ago.

Say what you like about your league surpassing the SPL but Celtic could have any player from the Polish league that we wanted.
    No you couldn't. Laughing

Unless you guys could suddenly stave off competition from Udinese, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Koln, Schalke, Wolfsburg, Juventus, Milan, Roma, Lazio, Rennes, PSV, Chelsea, Everton, Zenit, Shakhtar, Galatasaray for our star players.

I don't doubt players would leave for the SPL for perhaps better wages, but no player who aspires for a future would. It would be a huge sidewides if not a small backwards step. Ekstraklasa > SPL ~~ Wisla, Lech, Legia, Slask >= Celtic, Rangers.

The only and only thing that Celtic and Rangers have got going for them is their rather high wages and the fact they are in Scotland, which can be considered a gateway to the English league. (or could be in the past anyway)

ShakerMatty wrote:I disagree, you would not be able to get the great one Radosław Sobolewski!
    Well probably not considering he is retiring at the end of the year. Crying or Very sad

Also why the rage? I'm not going to write an article, I'm too lazy and I've already destroyed Jela rather recently over Ekstraklasa > SPL. Laughing

Last edited by Lu❣s Suarez on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:28 am

Just fucking post your list and stop trying to hype it up, hurry up. It's not a big deal and I won't be posting my Facebook, thanks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:29 am

Conor do you think James should be allowed to include League 1 and 2 in his list??

The debate was about the Championship versus the SPL
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:30 am

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

Say what you like about your league surpassing the SPL but Celtic could have any player from the Polish league that we wanted.
    No you couldn't. Laughing

Unless you guys could suddenly stave off competition from Udinese, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Koln, Schalke, Wolfsburg, Juventus, Milan, Roma, Lazio, Rennes, PSV, Chelsea, Everton, Zenit, Shakhtar, Galatasaray for our star players.

I don't doubt players would leave for the SPL for perhaps better wages, but no player who aspires for a future would. It would be a huge sidewides if not a small backwards step. Ekstraklasa > SPL ~~ Wisla, Lech, Legia, Slask >= Celtic, Rangers.

The only and only thing that Celtic and Rangers have got going for them is their rather high wages and the fact they are in Scotland, which can be considered a gateway to the English league. (or could be in the past anyway)

ShakerMatty wrote:I disagree, you would not be able to get the great one Radosław Sobolewski!
    Well probably not considering he is retiring at the end of the year. Crying or Very sad

Also why the rage? I'm not going to write an article, I'm too lazy and I've already destroyed Jela rather recently over Ekstraklasa > SPL. Laughing

I think i agree with this. eek Poslka not being bias. Fucking hell.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:31 am

I still don't understand why we're doing a debate about division 1 v division 2 in their respective countries. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:31 am

The Maestro wrote:Just fucking post your list and stop trying to hype it up, hurry up. It's not a big deal and I won't be posting my Facebook, thanks.

Haha knew it, bigger phaggot than I am. I might do it if I have the time, not making an effort though for fuck all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:31 am

Oh and Liverpool should be added to that list. Last I heard, dem Scouse had scouts looking at Borsyiuk and Zyro during their games with Gornik and Lech.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:32 am

Polska. not worthy
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:33 am

The Maestro wrote:Conor do you think James should be allowed to include League 1 and 2 in his list??

The debate was about the Championship versus the SPL

I dunno mate. Tbh I think the list of players from Champ to big clubs will be bigger because it's very common for big teams to buy from lower leagues in their own country. Like Oxlade Chamberlain and Walcott to Arsenal. Doesn't mean the Championship have any better teams than Celtic though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:55 am