Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Guus Hiddink steps down as Turkey manager

The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Guus Hiddink steps down as Turkey manager Empty Guus Hiddink steps down as Turkey manager

Post by The Zlatan Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:16 am

Guus Hiddink parts company with Turkey after Euro 2012 failure

Guus Hiddink has stepped down as Turkey coach after his side failed to qualify for the Euro 2012 finals.

The Turkish football federation says it has reached a mutual agreement to end the former Chelsea manager's contract, which was due to expire next summer.

Turkey lost 3-0 on aggregate to Croatia after a 0-0 draw in the second leg of the play-offs on Tuesday.

Hiddink, 65, took on his fifth national team role in August 2010 and oversaw Turkey's second-placed Group A finish.

Hiddink had previously led the Netherlands, South Korea, Australia and Russia, plus club sides including PSV Eindhoven, Real Madrid and Chelsea.

A statement on the official TFF website read: "We would like to thank Mr Guus Hiddink for his services during his working period, and wish him all the best in his future career."

In his post-match interview on Tuesday he said that he expected to end his association with Turkey, saying: "I worked for the future of Turkey but I think this is my last match with this team - there is a high probability of that."

Hiddink, who boasts one of football's most impressive managerial CVs, is certain to be in high demand and the likes of Paris Saint-Germain in France and Russian Premier League side Anzhi Makhachkala have been linked with his services.

I doubt anyone really cares, but here's a thread.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Guus Hiddink steps down as Turkey manager Empty Re: Guus Hiddink steps down as Turkey manager

Post by Clark Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:17 am

Late as per... shifty
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Guus Hiddink steps down as Turkey manager Empty Re: Guus Hiddink steps down as Turkey manager

Post by The Zlatan Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:20 am

ClarkY wrote:Late as per... shifty

It's because nobody cares Sad

I don't know why I care so much, I don't even care.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:24 am

HEY ZLATAN, Y U CARE SO MUCH? Fuck you
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:26 am

AVB out.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:38 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:HEY ZLATAN, Y U CARE SO MUCH? Fuck you

Care'ers'er's gona care
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:40 am

He said he isn't going to manage a team for a while as he wants to reflect.
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Supports : Chelsea Football Club

Post by Samuel-x Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:48 am

He's already being linked to Chelsea. doh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:31 am