Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

so afterall, was battlefield 3 really the 'cod killer'?

Anonymous

so afterall, was battlefield 3 really the 'cod killer'? Empty so afterall, was battlefield 3 really the 'cod killer'?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:18 am

not that sales decide whether one game is better than the other, but EA ceo should be taken into a dark room and beaten for his ludicrous predictions

richitiello hang your head in shame, what happened to "we'll get more pre orders than mw3 and we'll outsell it over the first 2 weeks in relevancy'

bf3 has been on the shelves of stores for 2 weeks now, sold 7.5m copies, very impressive indeed, but sales have dropped more than 50% in the last week

surely a cod killer needs to be able to not only out do its opposition in game quality but also in sales? what makes this even more funny is that mw3 has been getting better reviews from big gaming outlets like gamespot and ign. crazy to think that a "recycled version of a game made in 2007" is able to wipe the floor with a game that's been 6 years in the making. Embarassed

mw3 sold already more copies than bf3 and it was only released 3 days ago
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

so afterall, was battlefield 3 really the 'cod killer'? Empty Re: so afterall, was battlefield 3 really the 'cod killer'?

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:21 am

They really need to stop competing with CoD and just make it its own game. I heard they tried to introduce elements of CoD games into BF3 and that's where it's at it's worst, the original bits being the best.
    Anonymous

so afterall, was battlefield 3 really the 'cod killer'? Empty Re: so afterall, was battlefield 3 really the 'cod killer'?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:27 am

well to be honest nothing much in term of structural gameplay changed in BF3 from bad company 2, the graphics are a lot better, there are more gadgets and small addition but the game is the same overall.
    indeed they did try to cater for COD fans by making smaller maps and putting a lot of effort into TDM mode but it still dont feel like cod.

things like the battlelog is also basicall their version of CODelite

i like battlefield 3, on console it not so good, the single player is poor and the multiplayer is boring. but on PC its a animal of a game to play, better graphics, better frame rate, better servers and most of all, more players, 64 player battle is a lot more hectic, and more like cod in its approach in terms of fast pace gameplay, than 24 player battle that is on console.

if i had a decent compute i would probably trying to buy bf3 but my compute is suck

i would recommend anyone with powerful computer to buy bf3 on pc
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 am

I love Battlefield games but COD will always be my console game and Battlefield my PC game.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:53 am

BF3 is a beast PC game, I am loving every minute of it.

I wouldn't buy it on a console, but then again I wouldn't buy COD either. It's too fast paced and based on reflexes/epicly addicted level reflexes. It's also quite impossible to avoid the same old gay moments that completely ruin game rounds for you and force you into a poor k/d for that round.

BF3 is more varied in that you can be any class you want and be good. The fact that there are specific classes allows for more opportunities in the game, and a much more teamplay based mentality than COD. Even if I was playing COD with friends....on very few occasions would I actually work with them. In BF3, you can make your own squads and go and do your own thing with them......having a direct influence on a battlefield where you are a pawn in a chess game.

The reason for lower sales is that the consoles are more popular......but on the PC MW3 shouldn't even be considered....not only does BF3 totally outclass MW3 on the PC....the developers of MW3 do themselves no favours by pissing off the PC community by trying to prevent any customisation for servers/game modes (which is a big part of any PC game like this), shit servers, and abundance of hackers due to poor security.

I don't like MW3 much....but it's a better console game. It's more of an arcade game than BF3....and on the console I think that works in it's favour.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:28 am

activision for first time gave mw3 dedicated servers on pc, sort of shows how much behind/neglect pc

i have played cod on pc and its quite fun also, but its sort of easier, you get no recoil because people naturally have better mouse control as cognitively we are good without our entire hand especially the palms where as for console you use your thumb. i found that when i played cod on pc it was fun but very easy.

i also played bf on pc and it was the greatest experience of i pc game ive had. comparing pc bf3 to console bf3 is like comparing gold to shit
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:35 am

I enjoy playing Battlefield more than I enjoy playing COD.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:41 pm