Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Theo Filippo
dena
Lux
Steadman
Gegilworld93
ResurrectionRooney
Barton
The Zlatan
VivaRonaldoLAD
El Jefe
CollieBuddz
15 posters

What the fuck is wrong with China?

CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

What the fuck is wrong with China? Empty What the fuck is wrong with China?

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:04 am

Chinese media and internet users have voiced
    shock at a hit-and-run incident involving a two-year-old child left
    injured in the road as passers-by ignored her.

The toddler was hit by a van on Thursday in the city of Foshan.

After the van sped off, several pedestrians and vehicles
    passed the girl without stopping. Several minutes later she was hit by
    another vehicle.

A rubbish collector finally helped her, but she is said to be seriously hurt.

The incident was captured on surveillance cameras and aired on local media.

'Lacking conscience'
    The footage showed the van hitting the little girl, pausing
    briefly while she was under the vehicle and then driving off, running
    over her legs.

It then showed about a dozen passers-by, including cyclists, a
    motorcyclist and a woman and child, noticing the little girl lying
    injured in the street but walking on.

Continue reading the main story “Start Quote

There's been so many cases where people have been treated unjustly after doing good things”

Comment on microblogging site Weibo

After she was hit by the second
    vehicle, a rubbish collector spotted the little girl and moved her to
    the kerb, then began looking for her mother.

The child, Yue Yue, was taken to hospital for emergency surgery but pronounced brain dead on Sunday, the China Daily reported.

The newspaper said she had wandered off while her mother went to collect some laundry.

The drivers of both vehicles have now been arrested, the
    newspaper said, but the incident has also triggered outcry among Chinese
    citizens.

It provoked a storm of comment on microblogging site Weibo.

"Even pigs and dogs are better than they are!" said one angry contributor about the passers-by.

"In China, there's no bottom line for human ethics anymore!
    China is 'smashing' new records again and again!" commented another.

Others were more reflective. "Now people ignore everything
    other than money. This society is lacking people with a conscience
    badly."

Scam fears
    Some said they understood the dilemma for the passers-by -
    that if they helped out they might incur costs or be blamed for the
    accident.

What the fuck is wrong with China? _56097612_china_foshan_1011

The China Daily reported incidents in January in which elderly
    men who fell in the street were left alone because people did not want
    to get involved.

It cited an earlier case in which a man, Peng Yu, who helped
    an injured elderly lady to hospital was then found by a court to be
    liable for some of her medical costs.

Another case - in which an elderly woman believed to have
    fallen in the road accused a man, Xu Yunhe, who stopped to help her, of
    hitting her with his car - also attracted considerable attention.

"There's been so many cases where people have been treated unjustly after doing good things," one comment said.

"I am not as rich as Xu Yunhe and Peng Yu are, we are all
    poor grassroots people," said another. "If we get caught in a scam, this
    is it. All we can do is to dial 120 (the emergency number)."

Anonymous

What the fuck is wrong with China? Empty Re: What the fuck is wrong with China?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:43 am

YUE, YUE NASTY BASTARDS!!
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:46 am

Could make so many jokes here.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 am

That is fuckin sickening, what is wong with them?
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:52 am

I wonder what is going through the heads of those people.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:57 am

Asian Drivers facepalm
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:24 am

Looks like the van driver did it on purpose. What the fuck is wrong with China? 58503

How you can just casually stroll by after seeing that is beyond me as well. What a bunch freaks.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:32 am

You'd do the same thing you fucking hypocrites. Google Kitty Genovese.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:44 am

Fucking hell Neutral Neutral Neutral

I'm not really sure if everyone really noticed the girl, might have looked different on the streets than on the camera angle, people might have mistaken her for a rubbish sack or something but what the first driver did was absolutely sickening, just run over her again. Her legs must be seriously injured, I hope she fully recovers.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:03 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You'd do the same thing you fucking hypocrites. Google Kitty Genovese.

Srs?

Let me guess, you would swoop in like a hero?
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:03 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You'd do the same thing you fucking hypocrites. Google Kitty Genovese.
    There is absolutely no way I would just walk past a seriously injured child in the middle of a road like those people did.

Gegilworld93 wrote:Fucking hell Neutral Neutral Neutral

I'm not really sure if everyone really noticed the girl, might have looked different on the streets than on the camera angle, people might have mistaken her for a rubbish sack or something but what the first driver did was absolutely sickening, just run over her again. Her legs must be seriously injured, I hope she fully recovers.
    She's dead.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:04 am

The child, Yue Yue, was taken to hospital for emergency surgery but pronounced brain dead on Sunday, the China Daily reported.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:07 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:I hope she fully recovers.
    I doubt it.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:09 am

Fuck off.

No way would I walk right past a baby who was injured and about to die.

I know about Kitty Genovese, and it's not the same at all.

This video is sickening, I'm no saint but this isn't human.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:10 am

I'm extremely disappointed in this post RR.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:12 am

What do you mean "what's wrong with China" ? The whole article is about how Chinese people and the Chinese media are disgusted by the whole thing.

Also, I wish I hadn't watched that video.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:14 am

I would have rolled the van over with hulk strength then ran over the drivers as they tried to crawl out. srs
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:29 am

Zlatan wrote:

Srs?

As it happens, yes I would, but only because I know about psychology. With people who don't know about this sort of thing, 99 times out of 100, people will just walk on by, it's called diffusion of responsibility or the bystander effect.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:36 am

Its called being an absolute moron Res.

I could never walk past that neither could 99% of the people i know.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:37 am

Cry RIP
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:39 am

That's sickening. Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:45 am

Chris wrote:Its called being an absolute moron Res.

I could never walk past that neither could 99% of the people i know.
    Yeah, that's what most people thought at other times when it's happened, that people are cynical or don't give a fuck or whatever, it's not, it's just a quirk of human nature.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:47 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Googled Genovese, came across this, makes a ton of sense. We've all been in situations where someone needed help (obviously not as serious as the video) and walked on by, it's a weird phenomenom.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:58 am

RR is right in some sense, but there are limits.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:01 am

Can you get sued in China for applying first aid wrong?
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Zlatan wrote:

Srs?

As it happens, yes I would, but only because I know about psychology. With people who don't know about this sort of thing, 99 times out of 100, people will just walk on by, it's called diffusion of responsibility or the bystander effect.

You shouldn't just assume that none of us would do anything. Fair enough, you make a point, you can't really say what you would do until you are actually put in a situation where someones life is seriously in danger, personally, I have been in that situation, so I know exactly what I would do.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:30 am

Zlatan wrote:

You shouldn't just assume that none of us would do anything. Fair enough, you make a point, you can't really say what you would do until you are actually put in a situation where someones life is seriously in danger, personally, I have been in that situation, so I know exactly what I would do.

It's a fair assumption that the vast majority of you would do nothing. You say you can't say anything about that sort of thing until you are put in such a situation well A) that's bollocks, if you've done the reading you're as well qualified as anyone, if not more thanks to bias and B) that's what plenty of people are doing when blaming it on shit like Communism or the One Child Policy or the Chinese being 'fucked up' or whatever.

And as it happens, I have been in a situation like that, where someone's life was in danger and people were just standing by and watching like most people would, and I saved that man's life.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 am

Zlatan wrote:

It's a fair assumption that the vast majority of you would do nothing. You say you can't say anything about that sort of thing until you are put in such a situation well A) that's bollocks, if you've done the reading you're as well qualified as anyone, if not more thanks to bias and B) that's what plenty of people are doing when blaming it on shit like Communism or the One Child Policy or the Chinese being 'fucked up' or whatever.

And as it happens, I have been in a situation like that, where someone's life was in danger and people were just standing by and watching like most people would, and I saved that man's life.

I call BS.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:42 am

I believe him.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:42 am

ahlycotc wrote:

I call BS.
    I don't give a fuck what you call, you don't know anything about me. The fact is that when a man was seriously injured and needed assistance, and others were standing round pointing and going oooh, I did what needed to be done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:00 pm