Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Clark
El Jefe
Mouse
Keanoo
Demoz
Childish Logic
SBSP
Mustangt125
El_indian
Pippo
Ki
The Zlatan
Sean
ResurrectionRooney
18 posters

Films, Books and Programmes everyone should read/watch

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Films, Books and Programmes everyone should read/watch Empty Films, Books and Programmes everyone should read/watch

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:24 am

These are items of literature which will enrich one's life, or would improve society if they were read by everyone, not just things you think are really good.

I'll start:

Enemies of Reason, Richard Dawkins
    Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell (Lazy fucks can read Animal Farm instead)
    Religulous, Bill Maher
    Sean

Films, Books and Programmes everyone should read/watch Empty Re: Films, Books and Programmes everyone should read/watch

Post by Sean Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:28 am

Rights of Man-Thomas Paine
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Films, Books and Programmes everyone should read/watch Empty Re: Films, Books and Programmes everyone should read/watch

Post by The Zlatan Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:32 am

The Bible - God
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:32 am

I was gonna say the 'The Saga of Darren Shan' but then I read the OP fully Sad
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:40 am

Cam wrote:I was gonna say the 'The Saga of Darren Shan' but then I read the OP fully Sad

Fully agree

Demonata>that series
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:43 am

Sean wrote:
    Cam wrote:I was gonna say the 'The Saga of Darren Shan' but then I read the OP fully Sad

Fully agree

Demonata>that series

I agree, the ending was better in the DS saga though.
    Ki
    Ki

Post by Ki Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:56 am

In terms of literature which would enrich someones life or improve society, I'd have to recommend Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:03 am

Pulp Fiction

All Naked Gun films
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:11 am

Brave New World by Alduous Huxley. Better than Nineteen Eighty-Four, in my opinion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:25 am

Mr Men books.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:35 pm

I've added things that not necessarily would make society better by viewing/reading, but that have interesting concepts/lessons...

Books
    The Holy Quran (even if you don't believe in it. It's a good read)
    The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    Timeline
    Anthem
    Utopia
    Brave New World
    Animal Farm

Films
    The Kite Runner
    Good Will Hunting
    Bicentennial Man
    The Bourne Films
    Syriana
    The Majestic
    The Pursuit of Happyness
    Law Abiding Citizen
    Jurassic Park
    Gattaca
    Contact
    Office Space
    Radio
    Kingdom of Heaven
    October Sky
    The Truman Show
    Rudy
    The Wizard of Oz

Documentaries
    Fahrenheit 9/11
    Super Size Me
    Capitalism: A Love Story
    Bowling for Columbine
    Sicko
    Roger & Me
    Food, Inc.
    I.O.U.S.A.

Programs
    The Universe
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:14 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Capitalism: A Love Story

this movie
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Locked Up Abroad - Hour long episodes about people generally from civilized nations like England and the USA who wind up prisoners in less than friendly places.

Great first person naratives. Amazing show.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:38 pm

also Fight Club

& David Attenborough Doco's
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Ki wrote:In terms of literature which would enrich someones life or improve society, I'd have to recommend Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants.
    Mr Leiva wrote:Mr Men books.

not worthy
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:04 pm

The Quran

Fight club
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:42 pm

A Long Way Gone, it's a great book and one of my favorites. it will give you a good insight of children in war in Africa
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Harry Potter series.
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:Locked Up Abroad - Hour long episodes about people generally from civilized nations like England and the USA who wind up prisoners in less than friendly places.

Great first person naratives. Amazing show.

That is a good show, always watch it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 pm

The Godfather parts 1 and 2.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:44 am

Generation Kill the tv series.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:41 am

The Life and Times of Michael K is a great read.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:23 am

Forest wrote:Harry Potter series.
    The HP series is the greatest thing ever. Facht.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:25 am

Game Of Thrones, amazing series, very good cast, good story, and the best thing is, when everyone is talking about one thing, they have something much bigger to worry about.

Walking Dead.

LOTR's Books, if you can be bothered.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:23 pm

I think many people have missed the point of this thread...
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:27 pm

In terms of works that would improve one's life I'd say probably... Schindler's list, Radio, and The Pursuit of Happiness just the first few that pop into my head.

Ki wrote:In terms of literature which would enrich someones life or improve society, I'd have to recommend Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants.
    Films, Books and Programmes everyone should read/watch 70955
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Jorlung wrote:In terms of works that would improve one's life I'd say probably... Schindler's list, Radio, and The Pursuit of Happiness just the first few that pop into my head.

Films, Books and Programmes everyone should read/watch 70955

Good call.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:46 pm

The Art of War, Sun Tzu.
    War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy, aside from a great story, it contains various sections which are more philosophical discussion than storytelling.
    Don Quixote de la Mancha, Miguel de Cervantes.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Roloman4 wrote:The Art of War, Sun Tzu.
    War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy, aside from a great story, it contains various sections which are more philosophical discussion than storytelling.
    Don Quixote de la Mancha, Miguel de Cervantes.

I have always wanted to this read but i'm a lazy guy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Watch the movie then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:06 am