Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Sean
Jordi
SBSP
Pippo
8 posters

Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank?

Anonymous

Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? Empty Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:02 am

Just wondering, i recently got one and think it's pretty interesting shifty
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? Empty Re: Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank?

Post by Pippo Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:02 am

I do.
    Anonymous

Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? Empty Re: Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 am

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:I do.

Pip just takes them out the sea, man style. Ain't that right Pip ...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:06 am

Nice, what do you stock in there?
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:08 am

Jelavic9|RFC wrote:

Pip just takes them out the sea, man style. Ain't that right Pip ...

No because tropical fish you put in a tank do not live in the sea.

Radford11 wrote:

Nice, what do you stock in there?

A Butterfly Eel, two black fish and a catfish.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:28 am

Ah right, never heard of them Laughing Well i know catfish but there's loads of types.

I had some glass catfish but got rid of them because they just stayed still behind a rock all day Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:46 am

I do.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:47 am

kyro7 wrote:I do.

cheers What you got in there?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:48 am

I used to have Comet fish (Rich man's goldfish basically and very quick) and Goldfish. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:52 am

Radford11 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:I do.

2 orange Severiums, 2 Clown Loachs, one Kissing Gourami, 1 Parrot Fish, 2 Red Finned Sharks, 3 Oscars, 1 Blue Gourami and a Plecostomus.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:59 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Radford11 wrote:

2 orange Severiums, 2 Clown Loachs, one Kissing Gourami, 1 Parrot Fish, 2 Red Finned Sharks, 3 Oscars, 1 Blue Gourami and a Plecostomus.

Was thinking of getting a few clown loaches next but heard they can get to 25cm? eek

What size is your tank?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:01 am

Radford11 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:2 orange Severiums, 2 Clown Loachs, one Kissing Gourami, 1 Parrot Fish, 2 Red Finned Sharks, 3 Oscars, 1 Blue Gourami and a Plecostomus.

Was thinking of getting a few clown loaches next but heard they can get to 25cm? eek

What size is your tank?
    3 foot tank, my dads mates tank is like 4 or 5 foot. Run

One of my Clown's is small, but the other is fucking huge. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:05 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Radford11 wrote:

What size is your tank?
    3 foot tank, my dads mates tank is like 4 or 5 foot. Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? 78475

Laughing Just looked up those orange severums, look quality.

I got the tank and didn't realise i needed to cycle the tank to keep down ammonia, nitrite and nitrate so i ended up doing a fish-in cycle Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? 58503

2 Dwarf gouramis died on the same night during the cycle stage so i have one female dwarf gourami by herself now Laughing

How long you had the tank and those fish?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:10 am

Radford11 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:3 foot tank, my dads mates tank is like 4 or 5 foot. Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? 78475

I got the tank and didn't realise i needed to cycle the tank to keep down ammonia, nitrite and nitrate so i ended up doing a fish-in cycle Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? 58503

2 Dwarf gouramis died on the same night during the cycle stage so i have one female dwarf gourami by herself now Laughing

The tanks been there for a few of years but we had a big fuck up, went to sort out the PH level with some shite, and it fucked up and killed loads of fish, so a lot of these fish are pretty new.. gone through quite a lot of fish. silent

EDIT: Thinking about it, the tanks probably been there for 4 years.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:12 am

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t7773-gone

Kyro's fish. not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:15 am

My tank looks extremely different to then, since then I've got 3 oscars, a red parrot, and 2 severiums. Run
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:17 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Radford11 wrote:

The tanks been there for a few of years but we had a big fuck up, went to sort out the PH level with some shite, and it fucked up and killed loads of fish, so a lot of these fish are pretty new.. gone through quite a lot of fish. silent

Haha Laughing I'm just leaving my ph level unless i decide to change to those malawi cihlid fish, they look quality.

My tank is 4ft and ATM has 10 neon tetra, 6 runny nose tetra, 6 orange platys, 3 black mollies, 2 striped angels, red tailed black shark, female gourami, plec and 2 red claw crabs. pirat

Think one of my mollies is close to giving birth so going to buy a breeding trap tomorrow.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:19 am

kyro7 wrote:My tank looks extremely different to then, since then I've got 3 oscars, a red parrot, and 2 severiums. Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? 78475

Seen oscars in a shop, they look like beefs.

I've been on this fish forum to ask a few questions and they're strict as fuck with what fish to put with what. I reckon they are just being OTT Laughing

All of my fish are juvenile so they'll grow up together shifty

How often do you do water changes? I had to start with one every 2 days to keep down ammonia, fucking messy process Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:20 am

Radford11 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:The tanks been there for a few of years but we had a big fuck up, went to sort out the PH level with some shite, and it fucked up and killed loads of fish, so a lot of these fish are pretty new.. gone through quite a lot of fish. silent

Haha Laughing I'm just leaving my ph level unless i decide to change to those malawi cihlid fish, they look quality.

My tank is 4ft and ATM has 10 neon tetra, 6 runny nose tetra, 6 orange platys, 3 black mollies, 2 striped angels, red tailed black shark, female gourami, plec and 2 red claw crabs. pirat

Think one of my mollies is close to giving birth so going to buy a breeding trap tomorrow.
    Nice man, I've had a couple of angels, silver dollars, and silver sharks but they're all way too nervy man, they get scared because most of my fish are mental, and they end up swimming into the glass and killing themselves. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:22 am

Radford11 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:My tank looks extremely different to then, since then I've got 3 oscars, a red parrot, and 2 severiums. Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? 78475

I've been on this fish forum to ask a few questions and they're strict as fuck with what fish to put with what. I reckon they are just being OTT Laughing

All of my fish are juvenile so they'll grow up together shifty

How often do you do water changes? I had to start with one every 2 days to keep down ammonia, fucking messy process Laughing
    Probably not often enough. shifty Nah but I don't do it that often, every once in a while tbh, but it seems alright. Laughing Water stays clear because I've got 2 good filters.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:35 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Radford11 wrote:

Nice man, I've had a couple of angels, silver dollars, and silver sharks but they're all way too nervy man, they get scared because most of my fish are mental, and they end up swimming into the glass and killing themselves. Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? 58503

rofl I think i'll get more of your type of fish eventually, i love the look of cichlids.

kyro7 wrote:
    Radford11 wrote:

All of my fish are juvenile so they'll grow up together Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? 279869

Probably not often enough. Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? 279869 Nah but I don't do it that often, every once in a while tbh, but it seems alright. Laughing Water stays clear because I've got 2 good filters.

Yeah i think the professionals are pussies talking about routine water changes Laughing If you have kept fish for years and been alright then i think your way is just as good.

I've been cautious so far because i'm new to all this, only got one internal filter but may pay out for an external one eventually.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:49 am

I got a marine one, think it's the same thing.

Got like, Dory and Nemo in there. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:54 am

Marine is too pro for me. Looks so complicated Laughing

and expensive shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:55 am

Marine is saltwater aka the sea. Tropical fish come from freshwater aka african rivers.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:43 am

Anyone ever kept a siamese fighter fish?

Want to buy this one.

Does anyone here own a tropical fish tank? Super%20Red%20Halfmoon%20Male%20113b-500x500
    One siamese male is OK in a community tank apparently, but more than one and they will fight, sometimes 'til the death. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:17 am

I had one like that in this tank, the same colour as well, but they bit all of it's tail off. Neutral Neutral

But it survived that for a while then died in the end, they fucking destroyed it. Neutral
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:19 am

Fish are boring as fuck that's why Kyro killed it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:21 am

I can't imagine fish fighting
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:25 am

I only have a goldfish.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:29 am

kyro7 wrote:I had one like that in this tank, the same colour as well, but they bit all of it's tail off. Neutral Neutral

But it survived that for a while then died in the end, they fucking destroyed it. Neutral

Wow Laughing Your tank is full of things like Oscars though tbf Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 am