Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
easley91
dena
SBSP
Coatsy
ResurrectionRooney
Weather130
Jordi
Jamie
LFC_Grunners
13 posters

Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches

Anonymous

Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Empty Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:36 am

Turkey imposes 'women and children only' rule on badly behaved clubs
    • Clubs whose fans misbehave will face ban on male supporters
    • Turkish FA: ruling will protect 'beauty and values of football'

Turkish clubs whose fans are involved in crowd trouble face having all males over the age of 12 banned from their grounds as an alternative to playing games behind closed doors.

The Turkish Football Federation policy means that only women and children will be allowed in to matches for the duration of a ban. Children will need ID to prove their age before being granted free entry.

The TFF said: "After this decision, which is a first in world football, there will be no silent and unexciting games played without spectators. The change will make teams remember the beauty and values of football."

The first match subject to the new ruling will be Fenerbahce's game against Manisaspor. Fenerbahce were sanctioned after fans invaded the pitch during a friendly against the Ukrainian champions Shakhtar Donetsk in July, forcing the game to be abandoned.

Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Fft11_mf1517654
    Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Fft11_mf1517642
    Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Fft11_mf1517627
    Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Fft11_mf1517628
    Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Fft11_mf1517629
    Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Fft11_mf1517656
    Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Fft11_mf1517630
    Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Fft11_mf1517636

____

thoughts Laughing
    Anonymous

Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Empty Re: Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:43 am

Since when were Turkish girls pretty? Laughing
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Empty Re: Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches

Post by LFC_Grunners Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:45 am

They shouldn't be allowed to do that. Banning all males from the game due to violence. It's just like saying all black people are violent and banning them. Same goes for Car Insurance companies who charge males more because we're less "mature".

Also from my experience women tend to be more violent than males Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:51 am

I like this idea over empty stadiums, I hate how the Polish FA does that whenever a few of our folks beat some cops. Rolling Eyes
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:52 am

polska. wrote:I like this idea over empty stadiums, I hate how the Polish FA does that whenever a few of our folks beat some cops. Rolling Eyes

Cops deserve to be beat tbh shifty
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:52 am

polska. wrote:I like this idea over empty stadiums, I hate how the Polish FA does that whenever a few of our folks beat some cops. Rolling Eyes

Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Polish10
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:57 am

LFC_Grunners wrote:

Cops deserve to be beat tbh shifty
    Oh right I forgot, you guys treat your cops with respect over there in the west! Heh-heh-heh. What a Face
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:44 am

Jamie wrote:

Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Polish10
    Laughing
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:58 am

Wierd since over here sometimes when females fight with each others it can get nasty and sometimes worse than when guys go at it. They use rather nasty language and create real drama whereas when guys fight stuff goes over quickly without serious drama. Although that ius assuming neither of the sides fighting has a weapon or is trying to kill the other fighting side. Seems strange. I guess this is probably the best thing ever for maybe young Turkish lesbians? I am not sure what to think about thos.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:48 am

That's a sexist rule.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:38 pm

So if crowd trouble happens at a women's football match does that mean only males would be allowed to attend the match? It would only be the fair thing to do is have a reversible rule for the opposite situation. Otherwise this is very sexist.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:47 pm

ahlycotc wrote:That's a sexist rule.

Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Master_of_the_obvious
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Just imagine the mess Turkey would have on their hands if the various diehard supporters went under gender reassignment surgery to attend all of the games. That could be a serious problem in the long term. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:04 pm

What? Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:22 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:That's a sexist rule.

Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches Master_of_the_obvious

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Weather130 wrote:Just imagine the mess Turkey would have on their hands if the various diehard supporters went under gender reassignment surgery to attend all of the games. That could be a serious problem in the long term. Laughing

-_-
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Weather130 wrote:Just imagine the mess Turkey would have on their hands if the various diehard supporters went under gender reassignment surgery to attend all of the games. That could be a serious problem in the long term. Laughing
    Is this what you think about it your free time?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:13 pm

I thought it was a cool idea.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:59 pm

There was a man at the match! was shown on SSN a few minutes ago. Laughing
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:35 am

SBSP wrote:

Laughing
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:35 am

If they did that to women it would be classed as 'sexist'. If they did that to blacks it would be classed as 'racist'.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:02 am

If enough males went under surgery to be able to attend these matches it would be possible for Turkey to run out of males capable to reproduce and then fall off of the map entirely. Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches 214775
    JK
    JK

Supports : Arsenal

Post by JK Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:08 am

polska. wrote:Since when were Turkish girls pretty? Laughing

Mate, some Turkish chicks are real gems. As long as they're not strictly religious, that is, otherwise, good luck.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:15 am

Jord wrote:If they did that to women it would be classed as 'sexist'. If they did that to blacks it would be classed as 'racist'.

It is obviously sexist.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:49 am

Jord wrote:If they did that to women it would be classed as 'sexist'. If they did that to blacks it would be classed as 'racist'.

This is quite obvious but damn just think how much heat and negativity the Turkish would have got if they only allowed white women to attend or maybe even more inclusive only "white Muslim women"
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:36 am

Okay. What's your point? This is sexist too as others have already stated. Neutral
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:40 am

Weather130 wrote:

This is quite obvious but damn just think how much heat and negativity the Turkish would have got if they only allowed white women to attend or maybe even more inclusive only "white Muslim women"

Why would they ever do that? What would be the point? Not that I agree with the decision they made here but it was made with the intent of preventing hooliganism/bad behavior from the overwhelmingly male minority who are hooligans. Also, Turks of European ancestry are quite a small percentage of the population.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:14 am

mac wrote:
    Weather130 wrote:

Why would they ever do that? What would be the point? Not that I agree with the decision they made here but it was made with the intent of preventing hooliganism/bad behavior from the overwhelmingly male minority who are hooligans. Also, Turks of European ancestry are quite a small percentage of the population.

Well I guess my point is that this situation could have been handled in a worse manner than what actually happened. Perhaps what I said makes no sense especially since I did no research and know little about the heritage or background of Turkish people. This is a very tricky thing to deal with and I cannot see one particular decision that would please the majority of the fans.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:12 pm

SBSP wrote:

Weather130 wrote:If enough males went under surgery to be able to attend these matches it would be possible for Turkey to run out of males capable to reproduce and then fall off of the map entirely. Turkish FA's 'women only' alternative to closed matches 214775

I guess so. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:56 am