Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
easley91
Ben
Danny
ResurrectionRooney
Jamie
Jord
Jack
Mouse
Sean
ricky//habana
SBSP
15 posters

To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum

Poll

What do you prefer to see?

[ 13 ]
    To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum Bar_left68%To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum Bar_right [68%] 
    [ 6 ]
    To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum Bar_left32%To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum Bar_right [32%] 

Total Votes: 19
    Anonymous

To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum Empty To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:19 am

Do you prefer to see your National Team win, or to see England lose?

It seems to me that the majority of people from those Nationalities love seeing England lose more than their own country winning (not basing that from this forum).

Which is pretty ironic too seeing as they all support our club teams.

Thoughts please Smile

Last edited by Forest on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum Empty Re: To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum

Post by SBSP Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:21 am

I don't really hate England as much as a lot of Scottish people do. shifty
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum Empty Re: To the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Scousers of this forum

Post by ricky//habana Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:22 am

The Welsh prefer to see England lose. Normally when they win it isn't against a big team, and therefore not a big deal. However, should Wales beat England, it goes down in the Sporting Hall of Fame judging by the reactions.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 am

I like to see England lose in big tournaments, it's just funny to see the media.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 am

I prefer England to lose, and the others to win.

shifty
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 am

I'd rather see Wales win, but then when we lose I can just be like oh my parents are English so so am i. ( I don't really do this.)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 am

I like to see England losing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:25 am

Other than England, I prefer Northern Ireland and Wales due to Lee Camp and Chris Gunter, but I always look out for Republic of Ireland and Scotland's results too and hope they do well in qualifying.

Unless they play England of course, I hope they lose against us.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:26 am

It's funny though, cos when people slag off England on here, I do tend to stand up for them
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:28 am

Nope i would rather watch Scotland win, than see England lose. But i like to see England get beat aswell, when they wear an England top the players are playing for England and that has nothing to do with what club me or others support, I dont like Manchester United, but when their players are playing for Scotland i support them.

I mean we all support clubs from different places, and the players and managers have different nationalities.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:28 am

Yeah I don't slag off England really, they don't bother me. Because there isn't really competition because of the gulf in class. It's alot more competitive Rugby wise.
    Jack
    Jack

Post by Jack Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:29 am

Fuck England tbh, NI is where it's at. shifty
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:29 am

A lot of none English Britons actually support England and I have no problem with that.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:33 am

Moorzy2911 wrote:Fuck England tbh, NI is where it's at. shifty

facepalm
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:34 am

Moorzy2911 wrote:Fuck England tbh, NI is where it's at. shifty

This is just embarrassing. Stop doing it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:35 am

Alan wrote:Nope i would rather watch Scotland win, than see England lose. But i like to see England get beat aswell, when they wear an England top the players are playing for England and that has nothing to do with what club me or others support, I dont like Manchester United, but when their players are playing for Scotland i support them.

I mean we all support clubs from different places, and the players and managers have different nationalities.

Is it right that one of our crap players is Scotland captain? I don't really follow much low quality football.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:36 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Alan wrote:Nope i would rather watch Scotland win, than see England lose. But i like to see England get beat aswell, when they wear an England top the players are playing for England and that has nothing to do with what club me or others support, I dont like Manchester United, but when their players are playing for Scotland i support them.

Is it right that one of our crap players is Scotland captain? I don't really follow much low quality football.
    He is yeah.

"One of our crap players". Laughing
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:37 am

The title is grammatically incorrect. It should end with "Scouse" to maintain consistency.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:38 am

I'd love to see another home nation also qualify for a major championship.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:45 am

He Fletcher is the Scotland captain, and Fletcher maybe has not got the ability of some of Manchester United's midfielders, but he has been an important player for Manchester United in the past so many years with his energy in midfield and was one of the first names in United's team before getting his illness. And you claim to be better than others, yet you did not realise how important Fletcher has been for Manchester United over the past so many season's.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:46 am

I actually like to see all the home nations doing well and win, obviously apart from when England play one of the others. I enjoy Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland winning when they do. It's nice to see for me. Smile
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:46 am

Ben wrote:I'd love to see another home nation also qualify for a major championship.
    This. Neutral

It's been 9 years since the Republic of Ireland did it. Laughing

Not quite a home nation, but close enough. shifty
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:47 am

Danny wrote:
    Ben wrote:I'd love to see another home nation also qualify for a major championship.
    This. Neutral

That was brilliant, Robbie Keane's last minute goal against Germany not worthy
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:50 am

Alan wrote:

He Fletcher is the Scotland captain, and Fletcher maybe has not got the ability of some of Manchester United's midfielders, but he has been an important player for Manchester United in the past so many years with his energy in midfield and was one of the first names in United's team before getting his illness. And you claim to be better than others, yet you did not realise how important Fletcher has been for Manchester United over the past so many season's.

Er...the only seasons Fletcher was a key player for us were 2005/06 and 2009/10 when we only won the Carling Cup. Every season since 2004/05 where he hasn't been a key player, we have won the Premier League at minimum. The best thing that happened to us last season was that Fletcher got a severe virus and had to stop playing, this greatly improved the team because we were free of his insipid performances. He has a lot of energy but a little talent, not a good player.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:51 am

Sean wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    This. Neutral

That was brilliant, Robbie Keane's last minute goal against Germany not worthy
    As you mention Germany, their 8-0 win over Saudi Arabia. rofl
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:51 am

I couldn't care less if England win or lose, don't like them, don't dislike them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:01 am

Alan wrote:

Er...the only seasons Fletcher was a key player for us were 2005/06 and 2009/10 when we only won the Carling Cup. Every season since 2004/05 where he hasn't been a key player, we have won the Premier League at minimum. The best thing that happened to us last season was that Fletcher got a severe virus and had to stop playing, this greatly improved the team because we were free of his insipid performances. He has a lot of energy but a little talent, not a good player.

Rubbish, when the big games came up Fergie put him in the team as he knew his Energy would be needed.

Last edited by Alan on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:02 am

Alan wrote:
    Alan wrote:

Rubbish, when the big games came up Fergie put him in the team as he new his Energy would be needed.

Oh yeah? How did we do against Chelsea this season when we had Fletcher? I seem to recall we got beat. Then when he stopped infesting the team with his shit performances, we beat them 3 times. We also beat Arsenal and Manchester City without this guy. He's a useful squad player, but the moment you see this guy starting for us is the moment you know we're in trouble.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:05 am

Alan wrote:
    Alan wrote:

Rubbish, when the big games came up Fergie put him in the team as he new his Energy would be needed.

Agreed. They would have beat Barcelona in both recent finals if Fletcher wasn't unfortunately missing.

Also, crack addiction isn't an illness.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:07 am

I'm convinced Darren Fletcher is related to Sir Alex Ferguson. Where is Fletcher from? Scotland. Where is Ferguson from? Scotland. Coincidence?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:54 am