Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Kelloggg8
Pippo
Jayx1012
ResurrectionRooney
Lux
El_indian
Childish Logic
Mustangt125
Bye_Ya
mac
Grenade
Cadbury
SBSP
17 posters

Where would the World be without the UK and the US?

Anonymous

Where would the World be without the UK and the US? Empty Where would the World be without the UK and the US?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Discuss.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Where would the World be without the UK and the US? Empty Re: Where would the World be without the UK and the US?

Post by SBSP Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:34 pm

In a much better condition.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Where would the World be without the UK and the US? Empty Re: Where would the World be without the UK and the US?

Post by Cadbury Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:37 pm

SBSP wrote:In a much better condition.

Could make a really racist comment right now.

Think I'll pass. I'm ashamed of myself.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:39 pm

It'd probably be in a much worse condition, actually. Neutral Didn't really give it any thought. Just felt like posting something controversial. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:39 pm

We wouldnt have alot to be honest. No main language tbf.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:45 pm

It would be shit really. Everything would be in Chinese or Arabic
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Cam wrote:It would be shit really. Everything would be in Chinese or Arabic
    Or Spanish.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:47 pm

I know a sentence in Arabic, Iz 7up le brenze, I think that means A 7up please or some shit like that. Habibi is like my love. Some shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:47 pm

I think the Arabian Galactic Empire would have taken over Spain before taking on the Chinese Federation in the battle of Moscovova
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Can't forget about the Romans.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:48 pm

The Roman Empire fell without that much intervention from the UK or the USA though..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Adz wrote:We wouldnt have alot to be honest. No main language tbf.

Deutsche.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:50 pm

I doubt it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:56 pm

It's possible. We descend from the same type of people as the Germans, same type of language.

And besides, Hitler would've taken over the world anyway.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:00 pm

No he wouldn't have.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:04 pm

SBSP wrote:No he wouldn't have.

Probably not, I just wanted to big up die Deutsch Sprache Where would the World be without the UK and the US? 3925848005

Who knows who would've run the world (definitely not Beyoncé and her girls) around the time the British Empire was boss and even before that. I don't know because I was shit at history.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Canada would be the worlds superpower. Go Canada.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:43 pm

Honestly ? A better place.
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Don't really know so I can't say whether the world would be better or worse. History would of been much different for sure. Surely, I wouldn't be on this forum and writing in English at the very least.

Anyways, I rather not spend too much time thinking about it. Especially, because I'm American and love my country despite all its faults. Another thing I might add as respect for being Canadian is that I wouldn't of been born in Canada if it weren't for the British and French originally colonizing it and creating a great country from it. So I have to give some respect to the UK there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:08 pm

What are we assuming? That the US and UK never existed to begin with? Or are we assuming that the two countries disappeared tomorrow?

In the first scenario, it's hard to tell. Both countries have their flaws and the US is responsible for lots of the wrong going on right now. But if they never existed, another country could simply have taken their place and screwed the world still.

In the second scenario, the world would pretty much meltdown if it was so abrupt (i.e. destroyed in a war, natural disaster). However, I believe we are already in a phase of transition of powers. The US and perhaps Europe will no longer be the superpowers they are today.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:08 pm

We'd be without the benefit of the industrial and technological revolutions, etc.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Bye_Ya wrote:We'd be without the benefit of the industrial and technological revolutions, etc.

I doubt that. Some other nation would have advanced as well. It might have taken longer, but it's not like Americans and the British are the only smart people out there.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:15 pm

I know, but I'm just talking about the ones we were specifically responsible for. Maybe they would exist now, maybe not, but we would definitely be behind the point we are now if you'd suddenly taken away the accomplishments of those who discovered those things first, etc.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:18 pm

The world would be very different if it weren't for pretty much every major nation, empire, or civilization.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Someone else would have taken the place of them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:36 pm

ahlycotc wrote:The world would be very different if it weren't for pretty much every major nation, empire, or civilization.
    Exactly.

Imagine if Poland didn't exist. Sure, to you guys it might not be so significant, but in the grander picture, Poland like every nation in Europe is involved in pretty much everything. If you change the past by a bit you would unleash quite a change in the future. If you change the past dramatically, like for example eliminating a country from existence, you would change the future dramatically.

Take Poland for example, if no Poland, than all Baltic peoples would have been exterminated, Mongols would've ate Eastern Europe and once they would be gone, the Muslims would've came and invaded and all of the Balkans would be Muslim and speaking Turkish, Prussia and thus Germany would have never formed, Gustavus Adolphus would never have been able to invade the Holy Roman Empire and wage war against Europe, and god knows what else considering Poland is such a significant nation power-wise, eliminating it would've created such a power vacuum bigger than what happened IRL.. (The first time Poland disappeared from the map, Russia and Austria became superpowers and Prussia became strong enough to conquer all of Germany.)

This is not even considering individuals...

In short... Butterfly's are a bitch. Laughing

Of course it is questionable how significant eliminating England from the picture is, mainly due to England being an island and not smack right in the middle of Europe.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:38 pm

polska. wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:The world would be very different if it weren't for pretty much every major nation, empire, or civilization.
    Exactly.

Imagine if Poland didn't exist.
    Stopped reading there and smiled.
    calm down man
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:48 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Exactly.

Imagine if Poland didn't exist.
    Stopped reading there and smiled.
    calm down man
    Laughing
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:53 pm

A much, much, much worse place for many, many millions of people.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:A much, much, much worse place for many, many millions of people.
    Why?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:06 am