Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
dena
Trig
Kuled
Grenade
XavIniesta_6
ricky//habana
easley91
Carlos Jenkinson
Ricardo
Jordi
Sean
fluffy_kittens
VivaRonaldoLAD
Clark
Hernandez_14
Cadbury
Weather130
21 posters

Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o

Weather130
    Weather130

Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o Empty Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o

Post by Weather130 Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:41 am

MILAN -- Inter Milan has reportedly reached a deal with Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala for the transfer of striker Samuel Eto'o, a deal that should make the Cameroon international the highest paid soccer player in the world.

After several days of negotiations, Italian media report Sunday that the two clubs have agreed on a transfer fee of $38.9 million and that the deal will be formalized Monday.

[+] EnlargeReport: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o Soc_g_etoo01_300 Claudio Villa/Getty ImagesRussian club Anzhi Makhachkala is expected to give Samuel Eto'o a contract worth $28.8 million per season, surpassing Cristiano Ronaldo's estimated $17.3 million deal and Lionel Messi's $15.1 million.

Anzhi is expected to give Eto'o a three-year contract worth $28.8 million per season, surpassing the estimated $17.3 million that Cristiano Ronaldo earns at Real Madrid and the $15.1 million that Lionel Messi is paid by Barcelona.

Anzhi, from the southern Russian province of Dagestan, is owned by billionaire oil tycoon Suleiman Kerimov.

The 30-year-old Eto is considered still in his prime. He has already won three Champions League titles -- two with Barcelona and one with Inter -- and is apparently excited about playing in the developing Russian league.

In Forbes magazine's latest list of the world's richest people, Kerimov's net worth was estimated at $7.8 billion, tying him for 118th place with Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi and family.

Anzhi's captain is 38-year-old Roberto Carlos, once the standout left back for Brazil.

The transfer fee for Eto'o also makes it one of the most expensive deals this season, close to the $42 million Barcelona paid Arsenal on Monday to bring Cesc Fabregas back to his childhood club.

The biggest deal during the current transfer window was the $62 million Manchester City paid Atletico Madrid for Sergio Aguero last month. Also, Paris Saint-Germain paid $60 million to Palermo for Javier Pastore.

Eto'o led Inter with 37 goals in all competitions last season, having replaced Milito as the club's biggest scoring threat. He was a key member of the Inter side that won the Champions League in 2010, often accepting an attacking midfield or defensive role for then-Inter coach Jose Mourinho.

Before joining Inter in 2009, Eto'o played five seasons with Barcelona.

Makhachkala is plagued by violence from insurgency that has spread across the North Caucasus after two separatist wars in Dagestan's neighboring region of Chechnya.

Anzhi players live and train at a training camp outside Moscow and travel to Makhachkala for home games, flying about 1,250 miles 15 times a season.

Even if this guy who owns the team is a classic Russian billionaire I don't get this move at all. Last year Anzhi Makhachkala finished in 11th place although this time around they are in 4th right now. If everyone is in Moscow and make these long flights is it really worth the money? Crazy deal but it is probably better than playing for the very wealthy teams in the Middle East.
    Anonymous

Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o Empty Re: Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:41 am

Disgusting.
    Anonymous

Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o Empty Re: Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:42 am

It's not about the money, money, money
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:42 am

Makes me sick.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:43 am

Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o 483f0_1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace
    Hernandez_14
    Hernandez_14

Formerly known as : Braad
    Supports : Manchester United

Post by Hernandez_14 Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:43 am

Jelavic9|RFC wrote:Makes me sick.

You oright Jela? Coz if your oright, then I'm oright?
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:44 am

It is all to do with Football, terrific team, great staff, fans, coaches and players. Et'o has chosen the future CL winners.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:46 am

Its because he loves football, Anzhi is his boyhood club. Pipe down.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:46 am

Seriously though, why are people so uptight about it? Fair play to him I say.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:50 am

kyro7 wrote:Disgusting.

agreed
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:51 am

Scrooge Mc'Eto'o

Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o Scrooge_mcduck

If he does move he goes down in my estimation a bit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:53 am

Hes what 29 or 30? He's won many titles already with Barca and Inter. If he wants to finish his career with a big payday then let him be! He's gonna face a lot of racism in Russia though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:04 am

I would hate to go to Russia to do anything
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:05 am

money >>>>> everything else

in football now, thats why city will win the league and thats why players will go to shit clubs with no history
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:06 am

In Soviet Russia football play you.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:07 am

Cam wrote:I would hate to go to Russia to do anything

agreed
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:09 am

At first I was like 'Wut?' but now good luck to him I say, he's pretty much done it all.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:11 am

Don't blame him tbh.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 am

Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o Ballin
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:18 am

I understand why they are investing in their favourite clubs or home country clubs. But its kinda stupid when they have to have 5 or 6 Russian players in the starting line up. And there isn't that many good Russian players, I hope they are pissing a load of money on an excellent youth academy and amazing coaches too. They aren't going to sign a bunch of of top players if only 5 or 6 can play in a league game.

I want the top 10 in England owned by billionaires, would be pretty funny. Laughing

On a different note. It's obviously about money because he is going to get racially abused over there like he has been in Italy. Hope he thinks the money is worth it.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:25 am

We fly high

No lie

You know this

easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:07 am

Ricardo wrote:Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o Ballin

Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o 2pphroj

In all seriousness, he's done everything there is to do in terms of club football and nobody moans when someone moves to Qatar so why should this be any different? Plus to most players now football is a job, and in your job if you got offered the same position at another company who would pay you more, would you go? Yeah I bet most of you would. If you were in his position with a lot of money offered to you at 30 in a sport where 30 is near retirement, would you turn it down? and be honest! I wouldn't.
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:14 am

Good move. Unlikely to have to work hard, big payoff, had his glory. If it wasn't for the racists in Russia it would be a perfect retirement plan.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:20 am

He deserves it, played for the biggest club in the world in Barcelona, won everything there, won everything at Inter. Always performs on the big stage. World class striker finishing his career in Russia. Oh how I'd love him at Arsenal, Sami sami sami sami sami Eto'o Report: Anzhi deals for Samuel Eto'o 859644
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:36 am

One if the most, if not the most underrated strikers ever.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:39 am

How is it disgusting confused
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:17 am

This makes me so sad. I LOVED him at Inter. Cry Goodbye Eto'o.
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:22 am

Moneys nice but fuck Russia....was reading that the team and the players practice and reside in Moscow which is about 1000 miles away from Anzhi, the team only flys there for home matches, some sort of civil unrest in the area or something like that...
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:04 am

XavIniesta_6 wrote:One if the most, if not the most underrated strikers ever.

Getting paid among the worlds elite, winning the most prestigious awards and playing for the best 2 teams in the world must be quite difficult to cope with being so underrated and all
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 am

Get that papaer mang.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:25 pm