Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Official Scottish 1st Division Thread

Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Official Scottish 1st Division Thread Empty Official Scottish 1st Division Thread

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:28 am

With another 1st Division fan on the forum, here is a thread.

Team PD P W D L F A P W D L F A GD PTS
    1Hamilton Academical311005121103257
    2Raith Rovers321102111003137
    3Greenock Morton311002120201115
    4Livingston321106410011214
    5Falkirk311002120112304
    6Dundee3101011210134-14
    7Ross County3211020100115-24
    8Ayr United3201134101011-12
    9Partick Thistle3201112100112-21
    10Queen of the South3100113201124-41
    Anonymous

Official Scottish 1st Division Thread Empty Re: Official Scottish 1st Division Thread

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:36 am

Hamilton have kept most of their SPL team, Right?
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Official Scottish 1st Division Thread Empty Re: Official Scottish 1st Division Thread

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:37 am

Jelavic9|RFC wrote:Hamilton have kept most of their SPL team, Right?

I think they've been able to keep a large number of their players. They will definitely be in title contention, although it is a very unpredictable division.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:38 am

cheesy wrote:
    Jelavic9|RFC wrote:Hamilton have kept most of their SPL team, Right?

I think they've been able to keep a large number of their players. They will definitely be in title contention, although it is a very unpredictable division.

Yeh, They'll defo be one of the contenders.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Supports : Raith Rovers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:39 am

The most exciting league in Scotland. Smile
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:39 am

Starting to think that we could be the surprise package this season. We've made a better start than usual and we're in the mix at the top.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:41 am

Not sure about us we always have a great start but bottle it at the end.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:48 am

Róvers wrote:Not sure about us we always have a great start but bottle it at the end.

You did well to even be in contention last season. You didn't have the best squad by any means, but McGlynn, who is an excellent manager, got the side playing very well.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:00 am

cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:Not sure about us we always have a great start but bottle it at the end.

You did well to even be in contention last season. You didn't have the best squad by any means, but McGlynn, who is an excellent manager, got the side playing very well.
    One of the best in Scotland imo.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:02 am

Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Reid and him are the best in this division by a long way.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:10 am

cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Yeah.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:14 am

Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Yeah.

Moore is one of the better ones as well. I've been pleased with the job he's done since he came here.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:18 am

cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Yeah.

Moore is one of the better ones as well. I've been pleased with the job he's done since he came here.
    Yeah he's a decent manager.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:21 am

Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:

Yeah.

His decisions can leave something to be desired though. It wouldn't be the first time he's made a baffling decision when making a substitute.

Despite that, his transfers have generally been very good, he has freshened the side up and his man management must be good, as several players have stayed this summer when they were expected to leave.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:06 am

cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Yeah.

His decisions can leave something to be desired though. It wouldn't be the first time he's made a baffling decision when making a substitute.

Despite that, his transfers have generally been very good, he has freshened the side up and his man management must be good, as several players have stayed this summer when they were expected to leave.
    Yeah a few players like Baird, Walker etc were meant to leave but we kept them and only let tade and a few others that aren't good enough. If i'm honest selling Tade was the best thing thats happened to us.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    Yeah.

Yeah a few players like Baird, Walker etc were meant to leave but we kept them and only let tade and a few others that aren't good enough. If i'm honest selling Tade was the best thing thats happened to us.

You signed our striker Brian Graham this summer as well. He can get a decent number of goals, but that's all he can do. His ball control is generally appalling.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:15 pm

cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

You signed our striker Brian Graham this summer as well. He can get a decent number of goals, but that's all he can do. His ball control is generally appalling.
    I wouldn't go as far as calling it appalling but it is something that needs working on.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Cheesy we need to find a way to keep this at the top!
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Róvers wrote:Cheesy we need to find a way to keep this at the top!

Yes we do. It would be nice if we had some more 1st Division fans, but we'll just need to have football discussion relating to the 1st Division between me and you.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:53 pm

cheesy wrote:

Yes we do. It would be nice if we had some more 1st Division fans, but we'll just need to have football discussion relating to the 1st Division between me and you.
    You were on the EA Forums, right? Were their any 1st Division fans over there?
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Yes, I'm still on EA Forums and I'm one of the more active members there. There are a few 1st Division fans who like to visit occasionally. Despite that, I am heavily against us advertising on EA, as it takes away most of their members, from a forum that I still like.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:58 pm

cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Yes, I'm still on EA Forums and I'm one of the more active members there. There are a few 1st Division fans who like to visit occasionally. Despite that, I am heavily against us advertising on EA, as it takes away most of their members, from a forum that I still like.
    I respect you opinion mate.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Who are you on EA?
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:00 pm

cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Who are you on EA?
    No-one, i just remember reading somewhere that you are on EA.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:

Who are you on EA?

Yes, I have something like 6000 posts there.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:02 pm

cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Who are you on EA?

Sound, is it worth signing up?
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:

Who are you on EA?

If you want to? There are too many trolls that constantly come on the forum, but the better members are very friendly and easy to get along with.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:06 pm

cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Róvers wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Who are you on EA?

If you want to? There are too many trolls that constantly come on the forum, but the better members are very friendly and easy to get along with.
    Might take a look.
    This lad is looking good:
    Official Scottish 1st Division Thread 009__034__features__John_Sweeney__1313669075_standard
    John Sweeney
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:07 pm

What were your views on the two penalty incidents in the first half. At least one of them looked like a penalty, but we didn't have the greatest of views from the North Stand.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Post by Róvers Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:09 pm

cheesy wrote:What were your views on the two penalty incidents in the first half. At least one of them looked like a penalty, but we didn't have the greatest of views from the North Stand.
    The first one could have easily been a penalty but not the second. I did fell that in and around the box the ref wouldn't care if you punched a player he would just wave play on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:17 pm