Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ResurrectionRooney
Fanatic
dena
Sean
Clark
9 posters

What do you guys recommend for...

Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

What do you guys recommend for... Empty What do you guys recommend for...

Post by Clark Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:14 pm

I am going to College next (Really this year) and I am looking to get into Journalism. I have already picked Film Studies (A choice nothing to do with it) Media Studies, English Language & Government & Politics. Do you think they are the right choices? Obviously Media is as it gives a better understanding and I done it at GCSE Level, still waiting for results? Cheers.
    Sean

What do you guys recommend for... Empty Re: What do you guys recommend for...

Post by Sean Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Journalism's dead.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks Wink
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Sean is right, if you want to be a journo here are a few easy steps.

1. Join twitter

Good luck.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Laughing The rest?
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Im just trying to get rid of the competition.

You just better stay away from Sports, that shits my turf.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:31 pm

No money in journalism.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Do you know how to hack phones?

That's your first step into journalism thumb
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Laughing Don't actually mind any category, I'm just hoping for the grades.

And yes, beware.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Doesn't really matter what you do at college, it'll be Uni that makes or breaks you. Those you've got at the top should stand you in good stead for it though.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:34 pm

I know that Uni is more important, I should of put that up there, but then again College courses help when it comes to the course.
    Jess

Post by Jess Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:29 am

I want to do Journalism at Uni too, I did History, Drama, English and Psychology for AS and will drop either History or Psychology for A2.
    It's also a good idea to get involved with local/school press to show you have an interest - so this year I wrote for my school magazine and next year I will co edit it. Smile
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am

English Language is fast becoming one of the soft subjects. I'm doing it at A level and it's dire as fuck as well.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:38 am

Jess wrote:I want to do Journalism at Uni too, I did History, Drama, English and Psychology for AS and will drop either History or Psychology for A2.
    It's also a good idea to get involved with local/school press to show you have an interest - so this year I wrote for my school magazine and next year I will co edit it. Smile

They have like a journalism team and as soon as I applied they said I could join, so I did Wink
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:52 am

Sean wrote:Im just trying to get rid of the competition.

You just better stay away from Sports, that shits my turf.
    I am in that shit now as well. temper
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:57 am

Try and get writing match reports for some websites, Goal.com were looking for some for the new season couple weeks back. Try things like that should give you some experience, which could help when getting into Uni and writing your personal statement.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:08 am

Try practicing writing a match report for us on here, just to give you and us a taster of what standard you are at?

Perhaps a game you personally enjoyed, or a famous match (World Cup/Champions League Final?)
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:15 am

Don't do a famous match, that's useless, you'll be too influenced by what you're heard about it. Download a match you haven't seen before, or watch one live and write a report on that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:59 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Don't do a famous match, that's useless, you'll be too influenced by what you're heard about it. Download a match you haven't seen before, or watch one live and write a report on that.

Good Point, Copa America Final?
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:02 am

I'll do that, I'll write about Chelsea's next pre season game shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:03 am

I'd quite like to be a football reporter when I am older. Get to watch football. Then write your opinion on it. Then you get paid. Sorted Wink

Doubt I'd be any good at it though, anyhow got a few years left yet Smile
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Well I have been writing for free at Soccerlens, done about 4 articles, 1 of which I rushed. I am writing the Pre-Season things with GK, I will have ago.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:41 am

I did Sports Journalism at Uni for a few months, then I quit. Shit's overrated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 11:34 am