Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

PSP Broken?

coolhead33
    coolhead33

PSP Broken? Empty PSP Broken?

Post by coolhead33 Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:18 pm

I just tried to turn on my PSP today and nothing happened. I tried to charge it but nothing happened. I've had it since a month after release in the UK and never had any problems with it. I think the battery is fucked but it's weird how it just happens overnight. I haven't touched it for almost a week.

Any help please?
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

PSP Broken? Empty Re: PSP Broken?

Post by CollieBuddz Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Not really something that anyone can help with, doesn't sound like a software problem.

I'm not certain, but I think you don't even need a battery in the PSP to play it, as long as it's plugged into the mains. Pretty sure that's right.

If it is, then your PSP is just fucked if there's no lights coming on or anything. Try taking it to a shop maybe, see what they say.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:52 pm

If it was the battery that was fucked you'd be able to play it while it was plugged in. It sounds like it's fucked completely, especially if the green light doesn't come on when you try to switch it on. Might be worth taking it to an electronics shop, see if they can repair it.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:53 pm

Copycat.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:17 am

Yeah no lights come on when I try to turn it on or charge it. I'm not surprised considering how long I've had it for. I'll try the electronics shop and if that doesn't work then I'll just wait for the Vita if it gets good reviews. I have only really played FMH games on it the past couple of years so I might not buy another PSP unless some good games come out for it.

My old laptop battery was fucked and I still managed to use it while it was plugged into the mains so you're probably right that it's not the battery that's broken.

EDIT: I've just tried to plug it in elsewhere and it has started charging and it worked when I turned it on. Suspect
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:22 am

Does it have loads of dust under the screen like mine does? shifty
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:30 am

I can't check under the screen but it does have dust under the D-Pad and it had dust on the screen because I haven't used it in a while.

I think it's sorted now as I tried taking the charger out and it didn't turn off. Must be a dodgy plug socket extension.

Thanks for all your help even though it turned out that I got the wrong end of the stick. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:34 am

I got loads of shit under my screen so it gets in the way

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:15 am