Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Coatsy
Muhkoo
Roloman4
ricky//habana
Lux
Ricardo
Golden_Golz
Jess
El_indian
coolhead33
SBSP
Jord
dena
CollieBuddz
crump
Zzonked
menalawyerguy
21 posters

Yanks are FAT!

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Yanks are FAT! Empty Yanks are FAT!

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:31 pm

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_obe-health-obesity

Damn straight we are. But you Brits aren't exactly a bunch of Olympians.

Obesity Rates
    1. USandA-30.6% king
    2. Mexico: 24.2% (and rightfully so. Best cuisine on the planet)
    3. United Kingdom 23%

So basically, Brits making fun of Yanks for being fat is kind like Tony Soprano ripping on Bacala. Look in the mirror ya fat fucks What a Face
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Yanks are FAT! Empty Re: Yanks are FAT!

Post by Zzonked Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:38 pm

I feel no sense of national identity though, I'm not fat by proxy!
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Zzonked wrote:I feel no sense of national identity though, I'm not fat by proxy!

How conveeenient
    Yanks are FAT! Church%2Blady
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 pm

A majority of the 23% live on the Jeremy Kyle breeding ground, council estates.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:44 pm

crump wrote:A majority of the 23% live on the Jeremy Kyle breeding ground, council estates.

A majority of our fat shits live in Arkansas trailor parks.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Exactly, it's very rarely you see obese people that live in a proper house.

Poor people have little money so buy shit food and get fat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:58 pm

crump wrote:Exactly, it's very rarely you see obese people that live in a proper house.

This.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Est. pop. of US = 308,745,538.
    Number of obese people = 92,623,661

Est. pop. of UK = 62,262,000
    Number of obese people = 14,942,880

92,623,661 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 14,942,880

Before you start saying something about it's not your fault about the population or whatever, think of it like this:

There's a hillbilly family with 10 children. The mother and 5 of her kids are obese. This family has an obese rate of 50%.

Then you have a British family with no children yet. The father is obese though. This family has an obese rate of 50%.

So because both have a similar obese rate, they have the same problems? Even when only one of the Brit family are obese, but 6 of the hillbilly family are obese?

Bullshit.

FAT YANKS!
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:37 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:Est. pop. of US = 308,745,538.
    Number of obese people = 92,623,661

Est. pop. of UK = 62,262,000
    Number of obese people = 14,942,880

92,623,661 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 14,942,880

Before you start saying something about it's not your fault about the population or whatever, think of it like this:

There's a hillbilly family with 10 children. The mother and 5 of her kids are obese. This family has an obese rate of 50%.

Then you have a British family with no children yet. The father is obese though. This family has an obese rate of 50%.

So because both have a similar obese rate, they have the same problems? Even when only one of the Brit family are obese, but 6 of the hillbilly family are obese?

Bullshit.

FAT YANKS!
    Ok. On the basis of that logic, we are also skinnier than England. We have more skinny people.

I knew somebody was gonna make this boneheaded argument. We are discussing things on a much more macro basis than the micro comparison you are using there. We have to discuss things like this on the basis of per capita rates. Otherwise, China is the fattest country in the world. They have about as many fat people as we have people.

Whenever America achieves anything in sport, for example, we get blasted with "yea, but you have way more people than [insert smaller country]. So you should win more gold medals than them." You can't have it both ways.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:52 pm

It works both ways. You have a bigger talent pool for gold medals. More people to CHOOSE to take up athletics.

You also have a lot more people who CHOOSE to be obese. That's all obesity is, a personal choice to kill yourself by eating. Bringing up the fact you have more skinny people is pointless because being skinny (or not obese) is normal. It's the numbers of suicidal munchers that's relevant. 92m people of your country have chose to be fat and die, far more than the amount in the UK.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:54 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:It works both wayswhatever way I want it to work. You have a bigger talent pool for gold medals. More people to CHOOSE to take up athletics.

You also have a lot more people who CHOOSE to be obese. That's all obesity is, a personal choice to kill yourself by eating. Bringing up the fact you have more skinny people is pointless because being skinny (or not obese) is normal. It's the numbers of suicidal munchers that's relevant. 92m people of your country have chose to be fat and die, far more than the amount in the UK.

Fixed What a Face
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:55 pm

So you're going to troll to avoid an argument. Nice.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:02 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:So you're going to troll to avoid an argument. Nice.

It's not trolling. Just pointing out that you are using whichever side of the logic that is convenient for you. My point is that if you are walking down a street of Yanks, you have just a slightly better chance of running into a fatty as you do on a street full of Brits. I don't see what the "choice" point has to do with an issue that you are discussing on a macro basis. People in our country choose to be fat at a slightly higher rate than yours. Yanks are only slightly more likely to be fat than Brits. Moral of the story: let's enjoy being fat together. Very Happy

Using your logic, I could say that Americans are smarter than Brits. We have more people with advanced degrees (educational pursuits are also a choice Wink ). But that would be misleading, wouldn't it?
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:12 pm

Not really, I'll accept that. You have more smart people but they have a higher chance of being fat and dying early. Which means we get more use out of our smart people.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:25 am

Laughing Pretty irrelevant posting this shit on a forum like this. I'll stick my neck out and say 90% of people on here aren't obese simply cos it's a sports forum. And everyone who has posted pics hasn't been fat from what i've seen.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:35 am

Being fat is cool because you enjoy the finer things in life (food) and don't stress your self excersing, also you're likely do tie in your 60s which is a good age to go.

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:05 am

James wrote:Laughing Pretty irrelevant posting this shit on a forum like this. I'll stick my neck out and say 90% of people on here aren't obese simply cos it's a sports forum. And everyone who has posted pics hasn't been fat from what i've seen.

Why does that make it irrelevant. 100% of us are not mega lottery winners but we still have three threads on the topic.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:19 am

dena wrote:Being fat is cool because you enjoy the finer things in life (food) and don't stress your self excersing, also you're likely do tie in your 60s which is a good age to go.

Less wimin though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:42 am

crump wrote:Exactly, it's very rarely you see obese people that live in a proper house.

Depends what you define a proper house ..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 am

# 25

Yanks are FAT! It-flag Italy:8.5%
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 am

You're still fat

Fatty fatty fat boooyyyyyyyyyyy

Yanks are FAT! Usa-flags
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 am

mauro=beast wrote:# 25

Yanks are FAT! It-flag Italy:8.5%

Step ya game up
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:30 am

It is quite amazing with the Italians though. Second best cuisine on the planet. All kinds of cheeses and pastas. Generally, a very high carb diet. Not only that, I've seen them eat. They're animals. For one dinner they get a salad, then an appetizer, a main dish, a fucking second main dish!, and then dessert. Still not a very fat country. Well done.

Last edited by menalawyerguy on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:31 am

menalawyerguy wrote:It is quite amazing with the Italians though. Second best cuisine on the planet. All kinds of cheeses and pastas. Generally, a very high carb diet. Not only that, I've them eat. They're animals. For one dinner they get a salad, then an appetizer, a main dish, a fucking second main dish!, and then dessert. Still not a very fat country. Well done.
    Must be the wine. think
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:49 am

The Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh are the fat ones not us. whistle shifty
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:33 am

coolhead33 wrote:The Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh are the fat ones not us. Yanks are FAT! 706492 Yanks are FAT! 279869
    I doubt it.

The Irish eat potatoes

The Scottish eat haggis

And the Welsh stay thin by fucking their sheep.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:33 am

#7 New Zealand: 20.9%

fatties
    Jess

Post by Jess Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:51 am

menalawyerguy wrote:It is quite amazing with the Italians though. Second best cuisine on the planet. All kinds of cheeses and pastas. Generally, a very high carb diet. Not only that, I've seen them eat. They're animals. For one dinner they get a salad, then an appetizer, a main dish, a fucking second main dish!, and then dessert. Still not a very fat country. Well done.

Because everything is good food, not got crappy chemicals and additives in them.
    They also eat at different times because they sleep at different times (most medditeraneans do this too) so they have meals much later than Brits do (dinner at like 9/10 at night, for example) meaning they're probably less likely to snack during the day
    Golden_Golz
    Golden_Golz

Post by Golden_Golz Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:35 pm

I just watched a movie called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". It's streamable on Netflix if you have it. Crazy movie about overweight and sick people giving a 10-day juice-only cleanse a try. It's mind blowing stuff, just seeing what their faces look like after only the 3rd or 4th day. They look alive again. People were losing like 20lbs in 2 weeks, and coming up completely and perfectly healthy on doctor's health scans, all by living solely off of juice (Jack Lelanne style).

I'm going to try a 10-day juice now after seeing that, and I'm already fit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:14 pm

As long as I'm not obese I don't give a shit tbh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:04 pm