Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
fluffy_kittens
AriseForLife
Grenade
Jord
Carlos Jenkinson
Mal
crump
Childish Logic
Theo Filippo
menalawyerguy
Scouser_Dave
15 posters

Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF...

Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF... Empty Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF...

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Arsene Wenger last night admitted Arsenal "can no longer be called a big club" if they sell Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.

"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri - you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that," he said.

"And even if you lose Nasri, to find the same quality player, you have to spend again the same amount of money. Because you cannot say, you lose the player and you do not replace him.

"I believe for us it is important the message we give out. For example, you talk about Fabregas leaving, Nasri leaving.

"If you give that message out, you cannot pretend you are a big club, because a big club first of all holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take away from you.

"We worked very hard with these players for years to develop them, and now it's a time for us to keep them together."

Wenger, speaking at the start of Arsenal's Far East pre-season tour, said Nasri will "definitely" stay despite interest from Manchester City, Manchester United and Inter Milan.

The Gunners will risk Nasri running down his contract, which has just a year to run, but Wenger is also confident the player will sign a new deal.

He also insisted they have not given up hope of keeping Fabregas out of the clutches of Barcelona and branded the Europan champions' president Sandro Rosell "disrespectful" over their pursuit of the Arsenal captain.

Fabregas, who has missed the trip to the Far East because of a hamstring injury, resumed full training yesterday and Wenger admitted he only wants him to stay if he is fully committed to Arsenal.

Wenger was also upset that Rosell claimed Fabregas was worth less this summer than 12 months ago.

Arsenal have already knocked back two offers of £27m and £34m. Barcelona will have to go closer to £40m to get their man.

"That is disrespectful to Cesc," said Wenger. "I rate Cesc so highly. For me, he is top, top world class, certainly in the top five midfield players in the world.

"For us, it's not a question of money. It is a question of Cesc wanting to be with us. And I think he is torn because he loves the club deeply.

"We will fight until the last second to keep him.

"I think Cesc has always been torn between his love for Arsenal, that I feel is really genuine, and, as well - and what you can understand -the desire to play for the biggest team in the world. I think both exist in his head.

"I am confident, because I hope he will see that there will be no greater achievement for him in his life than to lead this team to success and that it will not be the right period for him to leave."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-no-longer-claim-to-be-big-club-if-sell-Cesc-Fabregas-and-Samir-Nasri-admits-Arsene-Wenger-article764500.html

Wenger speaking sense for once Laughing
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF... Empty Re: Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF...

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Last summer: "Cesc is definitely staying."
    This summer: "We will fight to the last second to keep Cesc."

He's gone.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF... Empty Re: Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF...

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 pm

Fantastic news not worthy I do not understand how Liverpool can then call themselves a big club if they are selling players such as Alonso and Torres then replacing them with Adam and Carroll Rolling Eyes Where is the ambition in that?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Fantastic news not worthy I do not understand how Liverpool can then call themselves a big club if they are selling players such as Alonso and Torres then replacing them with Adam and Carroll Rolling Eyes Where is the ambition in that?

Laughing Seems like you are angry about this. rofl

Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:53 pm

I always see the Liverpool fans use the 'rofl' or other similar smileys when they do not have an adequate answer scratch You would think they would be better off just not posting
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:I always see the Liverpool fans use the 'Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF... 70955' or other similar smileys when they do not have an adequate answer scratch You would think they would be better off just not posting

This is Wenger's own words. It has nothing to do with Liverpool.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:I always see the Liverpool fans use the 'rofl' or other similar smileys when they do not have an adequate answer scratch You would think they would be better off just not posting

Nothing adequate to post? Laughing I'm just laughing at the fact you are so angry that even the arsenal manager doesn't think they are a big club anymore Laughing

oh yeah rofl rofl
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:00 pm

NZG wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:I always see the Liverpool fans use the 'rofl' or other similar smileys when they do not have an adequate answer scratch You would think they would be better off just not posting

Nothing adequate to post? Laughing I'm just laughing at the fact you are so angry that even the arsenal manager doesn't think they are a big club anymore Laughing

oh yeah rofl rofl
    Why would i be angry? I don't want Arsenal to be a big club.

/fluffy
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    NZG wrote:

oh yeah rofl rofl

/fluffy

Best comeback ever

rofl
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Laughing
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:19 pm

I wouldn't mind Cesc leaving if we got Mata in. Mata on the left and Nasri through the middle. wank 2
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF... 38988
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:48 pm

NZG wrote:

oh yeah rofl rofl

IF they sell Cesc and Nasri..
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:I always see the Liverpool fans use the 'Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF... 70955' or other similar smileys when they do not have an adequate answer scratch You would think they would be better off just not posting

oh yeah Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF... 70955 Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF... 70955

/fluffy
    Calm friend.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:

oh yeah rofl rofl

When*
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:10 pm

NZG wrote:

oh yeah rofl rofl
    Obviously didn't read the OP.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:40 pm

NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:

oh yeah rofl rofl

When*

Marveaux rejected you... big club right there
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:

oh yeah rofl rofl

When*

Failed his medical.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:49 pm

NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:

oh yeah rofl rofl

When*

Failed his medical.

No... he rejected you
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 pm

But this is about Arsenal.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Jord wrote:But this is about Arsenal.
    Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF... WhiteWash
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

When*

Failed his medical.

No... he rejected you

no.... He failed his medical.....
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Arsenal
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:56 pm

NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:

When*

Failed his medical.

No... he rejected you

Reports emerged on Friday that Marveaux had failed his medical at Anfield, but he confirmed this was not the case.

facepalm
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:57 pm

Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Failed his medical.

No... he rejected you

Reports emerged on Friday that Marveaux had failed his medical at Anfield, but he confirmed this was not the case.

facepalm

Of course he would deny it. You are smarter than this.... What sort of player would say "i failed the medical". No club would sign him after that.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:57 pm

Link us up Fonsecsaa
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:58 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6994869,00.html

Zing Zing
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Fonseca wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6994869,00.html

Zing Zing

Again. Bullshit. He failed his medical and then tried to lie about it.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:00 am

But what does this have to do with Arsenal?
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:00 am

Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    NZG wrote:

oh yeah rofl rofl

When*

Wenger - Arsenal can no longer claim to be a big club IF... 034-wenger

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:00 pm