Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Rangers Football Club - The McCoist Era (Relying On Youth)

Anonymous

Rangers Football Club - The McCoist Era (Relying On Youth)  Empty Rangers Football Club - The McCoist Era (Relying On Youth)

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:45 am

Rangers Football Club - The McCoist Era (Relying On Youth)  Season%20Ticket%20Email

I have been entrusted with a transfer budget of £4million, but I have decided to try and build the youth rather than buying players. It may take me a few years to get off the ground but hopefully then I will be able to build a successful team around them. Hopefully I can get through this without being sacked as I know that there is a big risk, that due to using young and inexperienced players they may not yet fit the bill and perform to the level which is required to retain The Scottish Premier League.

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue & Whyte.
    Anonymous

Rangers Football Club - The McCoist Era (Relying On Youth)  Empty Re: Rangers Football Club - The McCoist Era (Relying On Youth)

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:58 am

Good luck cheers
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Rangers Football Club - The McCoist Era (Relying On Youth)  Empty Re: Rangers Football Club - The McCoist Era (Relying On Youth)

Post by El Jefe Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:00 am

You'll win the Champions League in a few seasons not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:02 am

Jay wrote:You'll win the Champions League in a few seasons not worthy

Laughing

Maybe 5. shifty
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 am

I hope you get relegated and go out of business.

shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:38 am

Champions League Qualifying Round 3 Leg 1 (H)

Rangers 1 - 1 Trabsonspor

Beattie (62)

Gutierrez (38)

Totally ripped them apart but just couldn't take my chances. Don't see me winning the 2nd leg tbh, My youngsters are vastly inexperienced and I had numerous yellow cards for silly challenges.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:42 am

Buy Cairney. It's realistic seeing as he is Scottish.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:46 am

I've signed him before, Wasn't great for me. I'm trying to build a team around the players I already have for 1 season. If it doesn't work then I'll buy some youngsters next season. That dependant on whether I'm still in the job. 1-1 wasn't bad, hopefully my players will build experience over the season.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:08 am

Champions League Qualifying Round 3 Leg 2 (A)

Trabzponspor 1 - 5 Rangers

Inan (60)

Naismith (14, Pen 53, 88)
    Davis (29)
    Jelavic (83)

I'm actually pretty speechless, I really don't know what to say but I wasn't expecting that. I was just dominant in every aspect of the player and tbh they were lucky I only scored 5. The likes of Fleck & Ness were particularly pleasing. Fleck didn't stop working throughout the whole game down the left wing delivering some outstanding crosses which created a couple of goals. Ness was also a key in the win with some perfectly picked out passes carving open the defence and leaving them for dead. Hopefully this is just a sign of things to come from the light blues.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:11 am

So much for thinking you would lose shifty Congrats cheers

What's Ness like btw? He's seemed pretty good in the few games i've seen him play
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:15 am

He's a little gem. Bolton & Tottenham have made bids of up to £1million which were immediately rejected without even thinking about them. With the right guidance and game time he could become a real class player. Already showing signs of brilliance in the Champions League at only 19. I would seriously consider buying him for most teams, I reckon he could cut it anywhere. Just another example of the quality of players that the SPL produces. His defence splitting passes and his incredible reading of the game is second to none. He can also strike a ball occasionally offering in extent to 35 yard screamers leaving goalkeepers helpless.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:16 am

Lyon in the next round. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:22 am

U19 Centre Back:

Rangers Football Club - The McCoist Era (Relying On Youth)  2cp9pwj

Wow! Faint
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:43 am

I've got Hibs now and Lyon in four days. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:03 am

Some may view it as a silly decision but I decided to prioritise my SPL game because the chances of me beating Lyon anyway are incredibly slim anyway.

SPL

Hibs 2 - 3 Rangers (A)

Stevenson (18)
    Wotherspoon (51)

Jelavic (15)
    Lafferty (31)
    Broadfoot (83)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:09 am

Jelavic not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:19 am

I forgot to mention, The only reason Hibs did so well against me was because they signed Sokouna (sp?). And he was fucking ripping it up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:32 am

Here goes nothing ...
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:47 am

Good luck eek2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:49 am

Leg 1

Rangers 0 - 2 Lyon (H)

Bastos (48)
    Braaten (78)

I had no players in my starting eleven above 90%, So I never really had a chance. Although tbf, I did have plenty of chances but just didn't take them. After the first goal I went all out for it but to no avail. I'm going to go all out in the second leg, I've nothing to lose although again I have a game only 3 days before. My fixtures have worked out shite for me to be quite frank but that's just the way the penny drops. At least I can concentrate on the SPL now.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:51 am

Shame about that second goal, even with a 1-0 deficit you would have had a chance if you had a full strength team.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:14 am

I will update later, Been busy all day.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 am

Lyon 2 - 0 Rangers (A)

Lopez (59,64)

Just the usual, 4 days between games. From the off my team was fucked, Soon as I went a goal behind I made all three subs and went all out but my team was fucked. At least I can concentrate on the league now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:55 am

I've decided that I'm going to spend my money on a quality, young goalkeeper. Looking at:

Schmeichel
    Steele
    Lewis
    Smithies
    Camp
    Some Chelsea keeper.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:57 am

Casillas?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Laughing

On second thoughts, I'm not sure. What age do keepers usually retire at in FM? Do they keep going until 40? Because Alexander is a quality back up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Yeah, they go on for bloody ages.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm not sure then, I'll see.

Got Killie 3 days after the away game against Lyon. Neutral My defence:

Wylde - Perry - Little - McMillan

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:22 pm

Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (A)

Miguel (63)

Sissoko OG (12)
    Naismith (Pen 25)

With that back four I was delighted. Just another show from my young talent, they actually looked pretty solid at the back considering how vastly inexperienced they are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:23 pm

I had the choice of signing:

Lewis
    Loach
    Smithies
    Steele
    Camp
    Cerny

But I am sticking to my guns and going to rely on my young keepers if I need too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:40 am