Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Mustangt125
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
TheRangersFan
Jordi
blackskar
menalawyerguy
dena
Childish Logic
Roloman4
El_indian
15 posters

Favorite Movie Scene(s)

fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Favorite Movie Scene(s) - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Movie Scene(s)

Post by fluffy_kittens Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:08 pm

The scene in Trainspotting where he overdoses and the world starts to close around him and Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" is playing.

also the final scene of 3:10 to Yuma, which is probably my favorite movie ever, first time I saw this ending I was shocked, such a rollercoaster of emotions. He finally makes it to the train, the upbeat music starts playing, and then Favorite Movie Scene(s) - Page 2 1371890812

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:54 pm

A lot of people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent civilization to be colonized by.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Oh yeah 3:10 to Yuma is such an intense and captivating movie, from it's score to the performance of the actor to the story.

Amazing.

When I saw that in the theatres I creamed myself.

Best intro to a movie ever, Robin dying Very Happy
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:57 pm

The Bat-Man wrote:Oh yeah 3:10 to Yuma is such an intense and captivating movie, from it's score to the performance of the actor to the story.

...to the shitty, inexplicable ending.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:22 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    The Bat-Man wrote:Oh yeah 3:10 to Yuma is such an intense and captivating movie, from it's score to the performance of the actor to the story.

its not shitty or inexplicable. How is it shitty? what are you even referring to? If you're talking about how Wade started helping Dan it's because Wade grew to respect him. It's like Fight Club's ending, its open to your interpretation of what happened. To me, Wade sort of got Stockholm Syndrome after being led around by Dan for so long on their journey he began to relate with and respect Dan and turned on his old gang.

3:10 to Yuma is my favorite movie I saw it for the first time last year and I've probably watched it around 16 times since, and will watch it more times. Every time I watch it I am thoroughly entertained and learn something I missed before.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:24 am

If Mark Hamill isnt doing Joker it ruins the whole thing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:03 am

Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 am

dena wrote:

My dude.
    not worthy

You can't top that.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 am

fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:12 pm

El_indian wrote:

Stand by Me is so legendary
    Tio Nicci
    Tio Nicci

Supports : Colombian National Team, Deportivo Cali, and USMNT

Post by Tio Nicci Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 pm

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:25 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

its not shitty or inexplicable. How is it shitty? what are you even referring to? If you're talking about how Wade started helping Dan it's because Wade grew to respect him. It's like Fight Club's ending, its open to your interpretation of what happened. To me, Wade sort of got Stockholm Syndrome after being led around by Dan for so long on their journey he began to relate with and respect Dan and turned on his old gang.

3:10 to Yuma is my favorite movie I saw it for the first time last year and I've probably watched it around 16 times since, and will watch it more times. Every time I watch it I am thoroughly entertained and learn something I missed before.

I thought it was a bullshit ending. It wasn't fitting with the character at all. The turnabout is sudden, unforeseen and totally unebelievable. He's a psycopath for the whole movie, killing everybody who's after him, and then suddenly in the last scene he thinks "awe shucks...this kid ain't so bad. Guess I'll stick up for him now and kill everyone from my psycho band who has been sticking their neck on the line for me."

I just didn't buy it.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:48 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

I thought it was a bullshit ending. It wasn't fitting with the character at all. The turnabout is sudden, unforeseen and totally unebelievable. He's a psycopath for the whole movie, killing everybody who's after him, and then suddenly in the last scene he thinks "awe shucks...this kid ain't so bad. Guess I'll stick up for him now and kill everyone from my psycho band who has been sticking their neck on the line for me."

I just didn't buy it.

He saw what Dan was doing for his family and he saw the respect Dan had for his friends. When Wade offered him the money to walk away and Dan said no, then the deaths of the other would be in vain, that's the turning point for me. I guess to each his own though.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:15 am

I should watch it again. I had a decent buzz on when I saw it. Maybe I missed on some of the subtleties. I did like the movie overall. I like westerns in general. The cast was superb, the build up and character development was interesting. It just lost me at the end.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:27 am

I was in it for my family. It's true.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:15 am

dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:22 am

True Grit > 3:10
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:10 pm

dena wrote:True Grit > 3:10

God no, for me its

3:10 > No Country For Old Men > True Grit

True Grit was decent but was way overhyped. 3:10 to Yuma had so much more depth to it imo.

Also I mean the newest remade versions of all these movies.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:12 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:I should watch it again. I had a decent buzz on when I saw it. Maybe I missed on some of the subtleties. I did like the movie overall. I like westerns in general. The cast was superb, the build up and character development was interesting. It just lost me at the end.

Like I said it is my personal favorite movie but when i first watched it I didn't quite get the ending either but the more I watched and thought about it I think I wrapped my head around it. Like I said I've watched it about 15 times, will probably watch it many more, for me it's one of those movies I could never get tired of

Dan wrote:I was in it for my family. It's true.

for a second I was like scratch then I remembered what we were talking about and I was like Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm

I haven't seen True Grit yet (apart from the old one).

If i rated those films though it would be

Old true grit > 3:10 >> No Country For Old Men
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:21 pm

They are all great I just expected more from True Grit really. Finding the guy who killed her father while randomly getting water seemed pretty anticlimactic to me.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:07 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    dena wrote:True Grit > 3:10

God no, for me its

3:10 > No Country For Old Men > True Grit

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly tears them all to shreds.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:57 am

I watched Yuma again and I'm sorry, I just can't get with that ending. It just doesn't pass the smell test with me. Maybe I'm obtusely missing something obvious, but the turn in Crowe's character is too sudden and not at all foreshadowed in any way that I could see. It seems like his 180 degree turn literally happens entirely in one moment: when Bale's character tells him the truth about his bum leg. That was supposed to win over a 100% rotten to the core gangster? I can see him respecting the rancher on some level, but he goes from worst guy in the world to suddenly selfless in favor of a guy who he's been enemies with the whole movie.

Overall, the movie is good. Crowe is spectacular. Ben Foster is amazing. It's ridiculous how underrated he is. That guy has Oscar-caliber chops. And I've been gaining more and more respect for Christian Bale with each new movie I see him in. I give it about a 7 but it could have been a 9 or 10.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:22 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:I watched Yuma again and I'm sorry, I just can't get with that ending. It just doesn't pass the smell test with me. Maybe I'm obtusely missing something obvious, but the turn in Crowe's character is too sudden and not at all foreshadowed in any way that I could see. It seems like his 180 degree turn literally happens entirely in one moment: when Bale's character tells him the truth about his bum leg. That was supposed to win over a 100% rotten to the core gangster? I can see him respecting the rancher on some level, but he goes from worst guy in the world to suddenly selfless in favor of a guy who he's been enemies with the whole movie.

Overall, the movie is good. Crowe is spectacular. Ben Foster is amazing. It's ridiculous how underrated he is. That guy has Oscar-caliber chops. And I've been gaining more and more respect for Christian Bale with each new movie I see him in. I give it about a 7 but it could have been a 9 or 10.

When were they technically enemies? Wade never threatened Dan in the movie really when he really could have because he killed the other few guys they were with. And I think at that point you referenced near the end of the story, Wade knew he was going to escape from jail again if he got there so he decided to help Dan because he respected him and because it honestly didn't matter, rather then having Dan die for some stupid prison that the bad guy already escaped from. And he was still pure evil at the end he gunned down his crew with the cursed gun.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Favorite Movie Scene(s) - Page 2 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:07 am

Moved to the shitty entertainment section

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 3:40 pm