Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

FIFA's 2012-2013 Season Requirements

Anonymous

FIFA's 2012-2013 Season Requirements Empty FIFA's 2012-2013 Season Requirements

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Some of those requirements are stupid. I wonder if FIFA are applying these rules to the rest of the world. In that case, there are several clubs around Europe that share a stadium (i.e. Inter Milan & AC Milan).

The Egyptian FA and top-flight clubs do not stand a chance of fulfilling FIFA's compulsory requirements on time, with speculation about expulsion from regional and international competitions fuelled intensively.

Over two years ago, the world governing body informed local associations of the requisite standards that must be met by the 2012-2013 season.

But Egypt witnessed no substantial development pertinent to this matter.

At least eight clubs out of 16 in the Egyptian Premier League have to turn pro by boasting their own top-notch stadiums and being financially independent among other obligations.

The FA also has to give all Egyptian referees, who have always been underpaid, a hefty salary raise as their monthly wages should be in the area of EGP 15,000.

EFA official Fathi Nosir went through most of the mandatory conditions during a lengthy interview with Modern TV, leaving no doubt that Egypt has neither the resources nor the time to realize them.

FIFA's Standards:

•Each club should own a stadium with a parking space that accommodates up to 5,000 vehicles. An airport must be located within a 100-Km circumference too.
    On top of that, each venue must not be farther to a hospital than half an hour by car.

Cairo pair Ahli and Zamalek, top two clubs in the country, do not have their own stadiums and like most of the Egyptian outfits, their financial restraints prevent them from building any.

•Clubs must turn into independent joint-stock companies. No state-run sides will be allowed.

Most of the Egyptian Premier League outfits are owned by the government, including Ismaili who are considered the third most popular club after Ahli and Zamalek.

Other clubs are related to the petroleum sector, such as Petrojet and ENPPI. Harras Hodoud and Gaish are affiliated to the ministry of defense.

Such a transformation will require the introduction of new legislations by the Egyptian Higher Council of Sport (HCS).

•Referees won't be allowed to take up additional jobs. Their monthly salaries should be around EGP 15,000 per month.

Egyptian referees are paid EGP 1500 per match after they were granted a pay rise by the EFA this season.

•Both footballers and club officials will also be prohibited from having side careers. Of course that's not the case in Egypt.

Three Hundred Years!

Prominent Egyptian sport pundit Hassan Al-Mestekawi is convinced that no way will FIFA's demands be fulfilled in Egypt after one year.

"We need 300 years not 12 months to realize these conditions," he said.

"I just wonder why we started to work on this too late. We have known about FIFA's plans since 2007 and were officially informed of the requirements in 2009.

"But we only started to act these days!"

No Egyptian club will be able to take part in continental tournaments unless they fulfill all the aforesaid standards.
    http://beta.filgoal.com/English/News.aspx?NewsID=72730
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

FIFA's 2012-2013 Season Requirements Empty Re: FIFA's 2012-2013 Season Requirements

Post by GK01 Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Pretty much bullshit from FIFA just don't understand why they would put these rules in affect Neutral
    Anonymous

FIFA's 2012-2013 Season Requirements Empty Re: FIFA's 2012-2013 Season Requirements

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:52 pm

I don't think it means their own ground, it's that they have a stadium they use that meets to requirements.

But the rest of it is ridiculous - they need ex-footballers on FIFA working together, not fat cats running the game.
    Tito
    Tito

Post by Tito Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:48 pm

This isn't good for us. We haven't our own stadium - yet. We shared with Lyn untill they relegated last season.

It will be finish in 2013, so maybe we can reach it before this requirements is reality.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:50 pm

I just don't get how FIFA decided to come up with these rules. This is their worst decision in history. They complain about big clubs spending millions on players and running huge debt, but they expect clubs around the world to build their own stadiums and raise salaries of employees? This decision won't effect the big clubs at all. In fact these regulations could mean the end of professional leagues around the world.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:03 pm

I guess they are trying to cut out the small teams and get more people to support the bigger teams as thats where all the money is for them.

Greedy cunts.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Surprisingly, I don't think Poland will be affected all too much by these rules. (Although some clubs are sharing stadiums for the time being while construction projects are under way)

Only thing that might be different is the pay, dunno how much refs are being paid in Poland, but meh. The Polish FA are a bunch of corrupt bastards, let them give out the money to the refs, rather the refs than their greedy pockets.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:21 am

parking for 5,000 cars! onsite?

i cant think of a single stadium in England that can fulfill that!

or is it 5,000 parking spaces nearby? in which case im pretty sure every club in England will be fine!

actually im not sure at all! 5,000 is alot of vehicles!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:24 am

'orrible bastard wrote:parking for 5,000 cars! onsite?

i cant think of a single stadium in England that can fulfill that!

or is it 5,000 parking spaces nearby? in which case im pretty sure every club in England will be fine!

actually im not sure at all! 5,000 is alot of vehicles!

Well the wording is kind of weird. "Each club should own a stadium with a parking space that accommodates up to 5,000 vehicles."

"Up to" means a maximum of 5,000. I think it means at least 5,000 vehicles. But just like you said, 5000 parking spots is a lot. Hopefully this is some kind of practical joke by FIFA.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 4:16 am