Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Carlos Jenkinson
LFC_Grunners
Dave
The Bat-Man
Jordi
9 posters

Fulham appoint Martin Jol as manager

Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Fulham appoint Martin Jol as manager Empty Fulham appoint Martin Jol as manager

Post by Jordi Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:12 pm

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/June/ManagerConfirmed.aspx

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Maarten Jol as its new manager.

Maarten joins Fulham on an initial two year contract with the Club having an option to extend for a further year. He will arrive at our Motspur Park training ground in advance of the players return to training later this month.

Last night Maarten Jol said: ‘I am very happy to join Fulham Football Club, a wonderful traditional club. It is a club with good, solid foundations and a great fan base. I am looking forward to being part of the Fulham family and thank the Chairman for the trust he’s shown in me.’
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Fulham appoint Martin Jol as manager Empty Re: Fulham appoint Martin Jol as manager

Post by The Bat-Man Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:44 pm

How wonderful.
    Dave
    Dave

Supports : Arsenal

Fulham appoint Martin Jol as manager Empty Re: Fulham appoint Martin Jol as manager

Post by Dave Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Good move for 'em.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:22 pm

He'll have a brilliant first season, get them in the Europa and then just slump the year after Dry Smile
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Rubbish but he's the best they could get tbh
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:09 pm

The role of lugubrious manager in the PL vacated by Grant has been immediately filled by Jol.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Not a bad appointment
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:55 am

Rei wrote:The role of lugubrious manager in the PL vacated by Grant has been immediately filled by Jol.

Grant?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:00 am

Should have went for Hughton.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:23 am

Scuba Steve wrote:
    Rei wrote:The role of lugubrious manager in the PL vacated by Grant has been immediately filled by Jol.

Grant?

Avram Grant.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:28 am

Oh. I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the Fulham position. My b. (I read it as Grant was the Fulham manager -- completely ignoring the lugubrious qualifier.)
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:51 am

Another good management appointment for them.

Jol has done well in most of his recent jobs. Until Comolli intefered he was doing well at Tottenham, he did quite well with Hamburg and has done well with Ajax as well.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 am

Martin Jol Fulham appoint Martin Jol as manager 914411

He's got no hair but we don't care! Martin Martin Jol! Fulham appoint Martin Jol as manager 914411

I hope we give him a great reception when he returns to the Lane next season, he deserves it for getting us 2 straight 5th place finishes and the way he was treated at the end of his reign was a disgrace, still love the man and take him back any day!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:59 pm