Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Sean
Roloman4
Childish Logic
LFC_Grunners
Lux
Dean
Jamie
ResurrectionRooney
SBSP
dena
El Jefe
15 posters

Why is it so easy to spot a foreign person?

El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Why is it so easy to spot a foreign person? Empty Why is it so easy to spot a foreign person?

Post by El Jefe Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:49 am

I saw someone when I was out today, I knew he was foreign, I was passing him and only saw his face for about a second, but I just knew he was foreign, my guess would be Eastern European, obviously when people have different colour skin it is easier to tell they're foreign or from foreign descent, but what is it about some people that makes it obvious that they're from a certain part of Europe?
    Anonymous

Why is it so easy to spot a foreign person? Empty Re: Why is it so easy to spot a foreign person?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 am

Cos they wear shitty clothes that you'd put in a clothes bank if you were English
    Anonymous

Why is it so easy to spot a foreign person? Empty Re: Why is it so easy to spot a foreign person?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:52 am

Because they are foreign...
    Anonymous

Well people of different nationalities look differently obviously. They usually have some defining traits you can tell apart.

I can tell a Polish person out of a crowd of Europeans no problem.
    Anonymous

Because humans can't mimick chameleons.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:52 am

Cause they look different. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:53 am

The easiest to spot are Muslims, they're very distinctive.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:53 am

dena wrote:Cause they look different. Neutral

No, there must be a more intelligent reason than that!!
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 am

Forest wrote:The easiest to spot are Muslims, they're very distinctive.
    No idea what you're talking about.

Why is it so easy to spot a foreign person? Portra10

shifty
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:58 am

Obviously with some people it's easy to spot, but that's usually because there is something distinct which is apparent on first glance. But you would have thought that Europeans look quite similar think
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 am

Jay wrote:I saw someone when I was out today, I knew he was foreign, I was passing him and only saw his face for about a second, but I just knew he was foreign, my guess would be Eastern European, obviously when people have different colour skin it is easier to tell they're foreign or from foreign descent, but what is it about some people that makes it obvious that they're from a certain part of Europe?

How do you know you were correct?
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:09 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Jay wrote:I saw someone when I was out today, I knew he was foreign, I was passing him and only saw his face for about a second, but I just knew he was foreign, my guess would be Eastern European, obviously when people have different colour skin it is easier to tell they're foreign or from foreign descent, but what is it about some people that makes it obvious that they're from a certain part of Europe?

How do you know you were correct?
    I'm 99.999% sure.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:43 am

This thread reminds me of when me and a few mates was in New York, we was hanging around Times Square and a random American asked if we was English Laughing I asked how did he know and he replied "You have your ways" Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 am

Better teeth and look less depressed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:04 am

Jay wrote:Obviously with some people it's easy to spot, but that's usually because there is something distinct which is apparent on first glance. But you would have thought that Europeans look quite similar think
    I can tell straight away if someone is Polish.

I don't know how I do it, I think it's facial structure and the typical Polish forehead for men and general facial structure for women. think

I can do this with other nationalities as well, like the French, English, German, Scandinavians, Russians, Romanians and Bulgarians, Serbs and Greeks in particular.

Don't know, people just have a distinct look about themselves.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:07 am

I have a good story. 'Bout 6 months ago I went bowling, had a go on the teddy machines, won a teddy, decided I'd give it to my little niece. Just as I was walking away, some Chinese woman walked over with her kid and went 'you give teddy, my son, teddy, my son' she could hardly speak a word of English and was gesturing for me to give the teddy to her kid (how awkward) and I was just kind of laughing saying 'no, I can't sorry, for my niece' (trying to speak at her level) and then I noticed her fella walking over and I thought here we go, some Chinese man's just gunna rattle Kong-Fu shit on me now because he probably thinks I'm giving shit to his wife. And he just came over smiled and said in the most scouse accent 'eimmmmmmmmmmm, it's alllllrighttt mateeeeeeeeeee, don't worrrrry about it, she's a bit of a wierdooo'. Haha! I just burst about laughing, Asian Scouser, just didn't expect it at all.

SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:07 am

polska. wrote:
    Jay wrote:Obviously with some people it's easy to spot, but that's usually because there is something distinct which is apparent on first glance. But you would have thought that Europeans look quite similar think

I don't know how I do it, I think it's facial structure and the typical Polish forehead for men and general facial structure for women. think

I can do this with other nationalities as well, like the French, English, German, Scandinavians, Russians, Romanians and Bulgarians, Serbs and Greeks in particular.

True mark of a racist. Simples

shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 am

SBSP wrote:
    polska. wrote:

True mark of a racist. Simples

shifty
    if it is, than fuck it. I'm a racist. Neutral

I think it's more due to me being well versed with other cultures and peoples. FFS I can easily tell apart a Chinese, Veit, Korean and Japanese person. Can you?
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:44 am

Meh....I only found out after 3 weeks that half the people working in the warehouse which I used to work in (but I now moved into the offices) weren't even Polish Laughing. Some are Romanian and Hungarian.....

But yeah.....spotting a foreign person where I live is easy. You just assume that people are foreign....because quite literally most are.

First and most obvious thing is to decide what you consider "foreign". Ideally it depends on the level of integration (and 1st generations are always foreign)..but for the sake of deciding upon facial recognition...I'll start by cancelling out anyone who isn't white. It's the easiest decision because if you're not white....then you don't have a long standing history in Britain. Part whites are usually obvious, though it depends on the mix. Either way, you're technically part foreign anyway.

Then you have to factor in that whites can still be foreign....especially with all the Polish around. Eastern Europeans are easy to spot though......if not by the way they look......then by hearing "Kurwa!" every 2 seconds when they talk....or just by what job they're in Neutral. You also have the other whites.....from Americas/other parts of Europe/South Africa/Australians.....but people with Latin in them are pretty easy to spot......people from Scandanavia, Holland and Germany just look different too in most cases. Until they speak......Americans/South Africans/Australians (and New Zealanders Neutral) are the hardest to spot...but for the latter three there's usually the tan factor.....

I don't really consider the Irish foreign. Maybe because I'm part Irish Laughing.....though there's an ancient, pre Viking/Germanic/Roman history where we're pretty much the same people... Surprised

I'm actually on a new level....it's about distinguishing between the groups. It's quite easy to differentiate between Sri Lankans and Indians.....even North/South Indians...I can normally hazard a guess if they're from Kenya/Uganda too (the Indians that is).

The Muslim/Indian difference is usually easy to tell.....generally the skin colour.....but you have to consider that there were ethnic Indian Muslims who moved away/stayed in India so you can't always assume.

Black wise....easy to spot the Somalians....the hair for men, or the excessive veils for women. The Nigerians/Ghanians usually look different to the Carribeans too...darker skin for starters.

Asian wise.....pretty hopeless Laughing

Why is it so easy to spot a foreign person? All_asians_look_alike
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:21 am

They all wear shit trainers!
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:44 am

Forest wrote:The easiest to spot are Muslims, they're very distinctive.

Why is it so easy to spot a foreign person? Jeffrey_Lang__Professor_of_Mathematics_and_Writer__USA_001

Muslim man right there

Don't be stupid.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Especially because Muslim is a race. Neutral

For reason's sake... there are Germanic Muslims people...
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Stop saying 'For reason's sake'

Its extremley pretentious Neutral
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Sean wrote:Stop saying 'For reason's sake'

Why?

If anything, pointing it out is just as pretentious. -_-
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:24 pm

How is pointing it out pretentious?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Shut up Rolo.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Sean wrote:How is pointing it out pretentious?

It isn't, I just had to retaliate in some obnoxiously pedantic way... just pretend I said something funny. -_-
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Sean wrote:Stop saying 'For reason's sake'

what he said
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:23 pm

very easy to notice foreign in australia because they normally very sun burn skin in particular the british and northern europeans people
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:09 pm

The Muslims are easy to spot and the all non whites are foreign things are probably the most stupid and ignorant things I've read on this forum in a while. facepalm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:48 pm