Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
crump
Kuled
Demba Ba
luke.
8 posters

What makes official threads official?

Anonymous

What makes official threads official? Empty What makes official threads official?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm slightly perplexed by this. I'm lying here wondering why we call threads 'Official'. It's never crossed my mind before, but today it did. What makes these threads so 'Official'? We don't pay for the privelage of posting them, we aren't given special permission from the clubs in question to let us make an 'Official Thread' for their team. So tell me this, why do we call threads 'Official'?
    luke.
    luke.

What makes official threads official? Empty Re: What makes official threads official?

Post by luke. Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Cause it looks cool.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

What makes official threads official? Empty Re: What makes official threads official?

Post by Demba Ba Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:27 pm

Nothing. It's just a reason for someone else not to create the exact same thread.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Because.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Funny why that is. It started when.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:32 pm

I don't think other forums do it though. It's just a craze brought over from our elder brother EA, we need to rid ourselves from this craze and become independent!
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:39 am

Yeah other forums do: When me and Liam (Walcott) were on GameFAQs people used "Official" even for COD and FIFA etc
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:59 am

Don't have a clue.

I would prefer it as "Liverpool Fc Thread" than "Liverpool FC Official Thread"

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:02 am

This is an difficult philosophical question.

Are the threads official because we make them official, or are they official through their very existence, and thus we recognize them as official?

Last edited by Rei on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:15 am; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:29 am

Rei wrote:This is an difficult philosophical question.

Are the threads official because we make them official, or are there official through their very existence, and thus we recognize as official?

Considering we generally make them, whether they are official or not. We make them official because we make them to be official. I'd say it's official as relating to the forum. You're question is for another time, another place.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:31 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:

Are the threads official because we make them official, or are there official through their very existence, and thus we recognize as official?

Considering we generally make them, whether they are official or not. We make them official because we make them to be official. I'd say it's official as relating to the forum. You're question is for another time, another place.

But how can one see through the eye of authority and yet forsee the future judging upon whether official or not shall take place within current concept?
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:34 am

This is getting a bit confusing now. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:35 am

I believe the egg came before the chicken.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:35 am

Dan wrote:I believe the egg came before the chicken.

Incorrect.

What came first, the chicken or the dickhead?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:36 am

Forest wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:

But how can one see through the eye of authority and yet forsee the future judging upon whether official or not shall take place within current concept?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Last edited by Eternal Witcher on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:36 am

Mr Leiva wrote:

Incorrect.

Chickens have been around long before Christian Purslow showed up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:37 am

Dan wrote:
    Mr Leiva wrote:

Incorrect.

Chickens have been around long before Christian Purslow showed up.

Well played.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:37 am

Mr Leiva wrote:

Incorrect.

Berbatov
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:38 am

It's pretty simple.

The first thread made on a topic is the 'official' thread. Any repeat threads get closed. All original threads are official, regardless if they have the word official in the title.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:39 am

Zzonked wrote:It's pretty simple.

The first thread made on a topic is the 'official' thread. Any repeat threads get closed. All original threads are official, regardless if they have the word official in the title.
    Thanks for clearing it up for us. Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:40 am

Mr Leiva wrote:

Incorrect.

Documents have shown that it was infact the chicken based on the argumentative elements in the Thesis of Todorov (3:7) which states the structuring upon the basis of evolution. The 'dickhead' as you put it, was formed around 1880, under a different name of course with a much higher level of formality. It is quite an interesting read, 'Thesis of Todorov'. It's formed from it's Latin Roots, yet contains such jargon related to the topic of Philosophy. Overall it contains such complex lexis which may seem too far for the average 15 year old to take in.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:29 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:

Ah, but you are confusing yourself and proving my point. In the sphere of the forum itself they may be considered to be official, since they are the principal representative of their kind of thread, and are recognized as such. Therein lies the question. Is it the recognition of them as this or it there existence that gives them this label?

For example, the Official Arsenal Thread was created with the name official in it, but if no-one used it, would it really be official? If there was a thread called "Robin van Woodwork" which was the one most frequented by Arsenal fans, would that be the official one?

It is a question of how one interprets the qualitative nature of an object.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:57 am

I don't know, I don't care, you've just given me an idea for trolling EA
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:23 am

Shut up Gordon.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:31 am

Fuck that.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:43 am

dena wrote:Shut up Gordon.
    Officially?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:17 pm