Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bloody Headphones Always Break

bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Bloody Headphones Always Break Empty Bloody Headphones Always Break

Post by bcfcben Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:00 am

A few months back i made a thread on our old home asking why my headphones keep breaking, at the time i bought a pair of 60quid headphones but after 3-4 months the sound went in the left ear piece.
    I then decided to get a pair of 30quid ones about 2 weeks later and today after about 4 or 5 months of use the sound is messed up, i can hear music but the singers voice is no longer there.

I have warranty on them i just wonna know why headphones break so easily. Ive gone through about 10 pairs of standard iPod headphones and now 2 pairs of Skull Candys. I dont tie the cords, leave them outside, swing em around etc they just randomly die on me am i unlucky or does this happen to a few of you.
    Mal
    Mal

Bloody Headphones Always Break Empty Re: Bloody Headphones Always Break

Post by Mal Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:02 am

If you wrap them round your device while they're still plugged in it often ruins the jack, so slowly it'll get worse and worse. Neutral
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:09 am

I used to do that with the standard iPod ones but since i found out that it effects them i havent done it with either of my Skull Candys. I now keep my headphones in their own seperate bag but obviously soemthing else is wrong.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:40 am

My last pair broke when I rushed to go to the toilet and forgot they were still on my head Neutral

Good thing they only cost £1.50 shifty

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:44 am

Buy them from the pound shop, ive had mine for about 3 months with no problems.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:51 am

I dont think it makes much difference where i buy em to be honest, i've had Gummy Headphones from HMV & Comet, iPods Standard Headphones that come with the iPod, Skull Candy from HMV etc.
    Just in case someone mentions it, it's not my iPod as ive had two and it used to happen with my old one also.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:59 am

Im also having a problem with my Ipod, inside of the headphone sockets is broken, so i can't listen to music through my headphones. Gonna find out if i can get it repaired soon, hopefully it wont cost too much. Neutral
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:04 am

Ive got a warrenty on my pair although i have no idea where my mom put the receipt, i guarentee you that come 4 or 5 months down the line i will be posting on here saying how my new headphones have died.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:56 am

i used to have all sorts of trouble with earphones. normally during a nine hour flight, so there was nothing i could do about it!

i have been a bluetoother for 3 years now with few problems! there are some good bluetooth headsets around, i suggest you take the plunge!

these are the first pair i bought, which i ended up going back to as i preferred the extra bass they gave.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-MOTOROLA-HT820-WIRELESS-STEREO-BLUETOOTH-HEADSET_W0QQitemZ400145213155QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=147295121759&rvr_id=147295121759&cguid=d6e51a391290a0e202349674fff62440

a snip at £30. get in there son!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:20 am

My headphones always don't work in one ear after a few months as well. I didn't know about the wrapping around the device thing. Maybe that is why it keeps on not functioning properly.

Last edited by ahlycotc on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:45 am

Only problem I've had is the wire coming loose from the plug bit, which exposed all the wires inside the plastic. Guess I'm lucky though, I know loads of people who've had trouble with them.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:42 am

Do the bluetooth headphones work with iPods or just phones because my phone is like 8 years old (cant be arsed to change it) so i rely on my iPod Nano for music.

Alychotc that is the problem i usually have where one ear cup (usually the left) stops working however my latest headphones just remove the singers voice and lowers the background music.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 am

bcfcben wrote:Do the bluetooth headphones work with iPods or just phones because my phone is like 8 years old (cant be arsed to change it) so i rely on my iPod Nano for music.

Alychotc that is the problem i usually have where one ear cup (usually the left) stops working however my latest headphones just remove the singers voice and lowers the background music.

those headphones i recommended come with a 3.5mm adapter so its backwards compatible! and forwards compatible for when you get a decent phone (or nick someones iphone - you're a blues fan)

*jokes*
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:32 am

bcfcben wrote:Do the bluetooth headphones work with iPods or just phones because my phone is like 8 years old (cant be arsed to change it) so i rely on my iPod Nano for music.

Yeah I have experienced that too. It's sometimes cool to just have the music playing. Laughing

But from my experience the problem lies in the wires at the tip of the cord where the end meets the jack. If I move or bend the cord a certain way, the headphones work perfectly.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:24 am

bastard i would never rob anyone, us bluenoses are known for being polite and well behaved Bloody Headphones Always Break 279869 If i do decide to leave the stone age and get a better phone i will have a look at those heaphones

Ahlycotc you've hit the nail on the head with every one of my heaphones, when they start to mess up i can move the wire into different positions and it works until they get moved again but eventually they die completely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:43 am