Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
LFC_Grunners
bcfcben
Weather130
7 posters

two Championship sides in Europe?

Weather130
    Weather130

two Championship sides in Europe? Empty two Championship sides in Europe?

Post by Weather130 Mon May 23, 2011 1:57 pm

After looking at today's results it is very possible you could see another Championship side join Birmingham in Europe. Fulham suffered a very untimely sending off today which could shake up the results of the fair play table. Final results will not be known until later but the 2nd and 3rd best teams not already qualified in Europe are Blackpool and West Ham. It should be interesting when the final results come out to see what happens here.
    Anonymous

two Championship sides in Europe? Empty Re: two Championship sides in Europe?

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 2:00 pm

Just wondering here...

With England having so many (crap) sides in Europe this year.. assuming they all do poorly aside from the regular guys who just have a normal trophyless season in Europe, would sides like Birmingham, Blackpool etc. actually lower England's coefficiency/points?
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Mon May 23, 2011 9:13 pm

I wonder if there are any odds for a Blackpool v Birmingham Europa League final with both of us getting relegated again on the final day
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Mon May 23, 2011 9:16 pm

polska. wrote:Just wondering here...

With England having so many (crap) sides in Europe this year.. assuming they all do poorly aside from the regular guys who just have a normal trophyless season in Europe, would sides like Birmingham, Blackpool etc. actually lower England's coefficiency/points?

Yes, but were to far ahead of Spain/Germany for it be much of a concern
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 9:19 pm

bcfcben wrote:I wonder if there are any odds for a Blackpool v Birmingham Europa League final with both of us getting relegated again on the final day

That would be class. Laughing
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon May 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    bcfcben wrote:I wonder if there are any odds for a Blackpool v Birmingham Europa League final with both of us getting relegated again on the final day

That would be class. Laughing

It would be another complete mind f*ck of a season, i will go from being like this two Championship sides in Europe? 644235 to this two Championship sides in Europe? 318833again
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Mon May 23, 2011 9:43 pm

Yeah it will, won't matter too mcuh atm though as mentioned earlier. One good thing though, I guess we'll find out just how good the Championship is compared to other European leagues. About time really.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon May 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Laurencio wrote:

Yeah it will, won't matter too mcuh atm though as mentioned earlier. One good thing though, I guess we'll find out just how good the Championship is compared to other European leagues. About time really.

Or how shit the Europa League really is
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Birmingham v Rangers would be fun. Shut Jelabitch up forever.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:16 pm

James ♠️ wrote:Birmingham v Rangers would be fun. Shut Jelabitch up forever.

Why? Confused

We would rip them apart. Laughing
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon May 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Laughing To be honest, us and Rangers fans get on due to the McLeish and Barry Ferguson connection. I would love it if we had the chance to play them.

& no you wouldnt Jela Wink McFadden with a screamer like the one against France, 1-0 to the mighty Blues (of Birmingham)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:

Why? Confused

We would rip them apart. Laughing
    You vastly underrate them. Neutral

And this is coming from the guy that regularly says Ekstraklasa teams > Championship teams. Laughing
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon May 23, 2011 10:22 pm

What? how are these teams getting in? how did Birmingham get in?
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Mon May 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Fair Play + Carling Cup

hehe
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:26 pm

bcfcben wrote:

Laughing To be honest, us and Rangers fans get on due to the McLeish and Barry Ferguson connection. I would love it if we had the chance to play them.

& no you wouldnt Jela Wink McFadden with a screamer like the one against France, 1-0 to the mighty Blues (of Birmingham)

Nah mate. hehe

A Jelavic overhead kick. cheers
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon May 23, 2011 10:29 pm

LFC_Grunners wrote:Fair Play + Carling Cup

two Championship sides in Europe? 848922

This...Blackpool got fair play and we won the Carling Cup (looking back i have no idea how)

Ok so Jelavic scores a bicycle kick, but with seconds left Ferguson then goes on a mazey run around Weir and slots one past his partner in crime McGregor two Championship sides in Europe? 3920004554
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Mon May 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Ohhh Birmingham Carling Cup winners Laughing I remember that. That error was hilarious rofl

WTF is Fair play?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:37 pm

bcfcben wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:Fair Play + Carling Cup

two Championship sides in Europe? 848922

This...Blackpool got fair play and we won the Carling Cup (looking back i have no idea how)

Ok so Jelavic scores a bicycle kick, but with seconds left Ferguson then goes on a mazey run around Weir and slots one past his partner in crime McGregor two Championship sides in Europe? 3920004554

But it's disallowed and Lafferty sprints the length of the field beating the last defender in Roger Johnson to flick a neat little chip right over the head of Ben Foster. yippee
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Mon May 23, 2011 10:39 pm

El_indian wrote:Ohhh Birmingham Carling Cup winners Laughing I remember that. That error was hilarious rofl

WTF is Fair play?

The final Europa league spot goes to a team from a nation with the least bookings etc: Fullham should have won it but got a red card on the final day of the season (they're only red throughout the season hehe)So Blackpool ended up winning it Wink
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon May 23, 2011 10:41 pm

El_indian wrote:Ohhh Birmingham Carling Cup winners Laughing I remember that. That error was hilarious two Championship sides in Europe? 70955

WTF is Fair play?

Laughing It seems like ages ago now
    It's a weird rule, one team (i think) can enter into the Europa League qualifiers dependent on their Fair Play e.g. Blackpool were given the lowest yellow and red cards in the Prem so therefore have the chance to enter the Europa League...damn LFC beat me to it Embarassed
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Mon May 23, 2011 10:42 pm

hehe funny but dumb rule
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:45 pm

I wonder if either will even get past the first stage? Probably not Laughing
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Mon May 23, 2011 10:48 pm

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:I wonder if either will even get past the first stage? Probably not Laughing

Millwall were the last Championship team in Europe and didn't even qualify Smile

tbf though both Brum + Pool are in a better position than they were!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:50 pm

LFC_Grunners wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:I wonder if either will even get past the first stage? Probably not Laughing

Millwall were the last Championship team in Europe and didn't even qualify Smile

tbf though both Brum + Pool are in a better position than they were!

I hope they do tbf. But really it's not gonna happen.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Mon May 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Atm Birmingham are 40/1 to win where as Celtic are 100/1 hehe
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:53 pm

LFC_Grunners wrote:Atm Birmingham are 40/1 to win where as Celtic are 100/1 hehe

OMG rofl
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Tue May 24, 2011 1:24 am

birmingham could manage group stage,blackpool though not.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 1:43 am

Laughing
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Tue May 24, 2011 3:35 am

Tottenham will win..with authority.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Tue May 24, 2011 4:21 am

LFC_Grunners wrote:Atm Birmingham are 40/1 to win where as Celtic are 100/1 two Championship sides in Europe? 848922

two Championship sides in Europe? 48971 Thats brilliant

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:03 pm