Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Danny
Hernandez_14
easley91
Zzonked
Barton
ResurrectionRooney
10 posters

Mr. Bean criticizes FA for 'discriminating against Sir Alex'

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Mr. Bean criticizes FA for 'discriminating against Sir Alex' Empty Mr. Bean criticizes FA for 'discriminating against Sir Alex'

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 19, 2011 5:29 am

Graham Bean has attacked the FA’s decision to charge Sir Alex Ferguson as a totally absurd and ridiculous one.

The former FA compliance officer is incensed that the Manchester United manager was charged with improper conduct after discussing referee Howard Webb in the 48 hours prior to United’s 2-1 win against Chelsea on Sunday May 8.

But since that charge Ferguson was warned as to his future conduct along with Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti, and today Stoke boss Tony Pulis was also warned after calling Webb ‘a great ref’ ahead of their FA Cup semi-final win over Bolton.

And Bean has told talkSPORT that the rules are being twisted to punish managers. He said: “It is totally absurd. These series of issues are some of the most ridiculous that I have ever come across. The reality of it is that Alex Ferguson must be the only manager in the world to be charged by the Football Association for praising a referee.

“The F.A are saying they want to respect the referee and yet when managers praise the referee they now find themselves in trouble. Common sense hasn’t prevailed. The FA have brought this rule in that you can’t speak about a referee before a game, that rule was designed so that you don’t put pressure on the referee by making derogatory comments about previous games.

“It wasn’t designed for when a referee gets praised. When you look at Howard Webb he’s the only referee to have done the Champions League final and the World Cup final in the same season, he is the best in the world arguably.

“So what have these managers done to warrant such action. The reality of it is that there is some jobs worth within the FA in their ivory tower with nothing to do and taking quite ridiculous actions. The superiors at the FA need to closely look at it and question whether the individuals are fit for doing the job that they do.

“It’s happened on a number of occasions before Sir Alex did it and the FA have done absolutely nothing. What they’ve done is send a warning letter out to managers saying be aware and be mindful of your comments but in this case for some reason they have decided to issue a charge against Sir Alex Ferguson when we’re on the last fortnight of the season.

“The common sense attitude would have been we’re in the final two weeks of the season, send the letters out and make managers aware that with effect from next season even if you make comments of a good nature about referees then you will be charged.

Bean continued that by singling Ferguson out for a charge as well as a warning, while letting Ancelotti and Pulis escape with warnings they were giving Manchester United a valid reason to claim they are victimised.

He continued: “If ever Manchester United wanted to argue that they were being victimised and discriminated against by the FA, this gives them the ideal opportunity.

“Sir Alex has been charged and formally placed before a disciplinary hearing. That means that his disciplinary record will have that issue on the record for five seasons.

“In respect to [Carlo] Ancelotti and Tony Pulis theirs won’t be on their record. So in effect Ancelotti and Pulis have been treated differently to Sir Alex and the FA need to be made accountable for that because they are discriminating against Sir Alex and other managers.”
    Anonymous

Mr. Bean criticizes FA for 'discriminating against Sir Alex' Empty Re: Mr. Bean criticizes FA for 'discriminating against Sir Alex'

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 5:30 am

Damn, I was hoping Rowan Atkinson had said something.
    Anonymous

Mr. Bean criticizes FA for 'discriminating against Sir Alex' Empty Re: Mr. Bean criticizes FA for 'discriminating against Sir Alex'

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 5:31 am

Scott wrote:Damn, I was hoping Rowan Atkinson had said something.
    rofl
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Thu May 19, 2011 5:32 am

That would be jokes. Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu May 19, 2011 5:34 am

Couldn't this just go in the United thread or thread about being victimized by the FA?

I doubt anyone but United fans care really.

Unless you did it just for the joke of saying Mr. Bean. hehe
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Thu May 19, 2011 5:36 am

Exactly what I thought when I read Mr. Bean. Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 19, 2011 5:36 am

That was a major factor in it to be honest.
    Hernandez_14
    Hernandez_14

Formerly known as : Braad
    Supports : Manchester United

Post by Hernandez_14 Thu May 19, 2011 5:37 am

Awesome Face
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu May 19, 2011 5:37 am

rofl
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu May 19, 2011 5:38 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:That was a major factor in it to be honest.

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am

When I read the title I was like

Mr. Bean criticizes FA for 'discriminating against Sir Alex' Monkey-surprised-face

Then when I saw 'Graham Bean' I was like ...

Mr. Bean criticizes FA for 'discriminating against Sir Alex' Disappointed-cat-is-disappoint-23393-1252295716-93
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 5:57 am

Son, Im disappointed. :rolf:
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Thu May 19, 2011 6:11 am

I was thinking Wenger shifty
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu May 19, 2011 10:19 am

That's exactly what I thought. rofl
    Schnix
    Schnix

Supports : AS Roma, AC Siena, any Bundesliga club but Bayern

Post by Schnix Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 am

same here
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 12:01 pm

lol'd
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu May 19, 2011 12:02 pm

That's not fair.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 pm