Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Barton
chemicalrubber
menalawyerguy
7 posters

Almunia

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Almunia Empty Almunia

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:55 pm

He's a disaster. You just knew at some point this season he was going to screw the pooch. How Wenger can conclude they can make a run at meaningful silverwear with this guy as their keeper is beyond me.
    chemicalrubber
    chemicalrubber

Supports : Arsenal

Almunia Empty Re: Almunia

Post by chemicalrubber Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Seriously, it's time to play Szczesny. Get him in soon and work with the defence. Manuel's time is up, and Fabianski's a long time ago. We only gave Lehmann one chance both six years ago and three years ago, and he was out. When Mad Jens sat on the bench after only two mistakes in two games, I was shocked that Almunia replaced him. But he played well.

Both Almunia and Fabianski had numerous chances, and they screwed them all up. We have nothing to lose, especially for the fact that we won't win anything with the two jokers in goal. Squillaci is okay, Koscielny is decent, Clichy is turning crap and for the first time in years I get shivers down my back whenever they get a corner. Even if Woj screws up, we have Mannone. Hell, we can even get Lehmann back from retirement.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Almunia is shocking yesterday it just sums up Arsenals goalkeepers apart from sneezzy and mannone (sometimes)
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:53 pm

It just proves how awful Wenger has been over the last few years. I swear the Arsenal fans and the media have been begging him to buy a new goalkeeper for years, Almunia just isn't good enough, and don't even get me started on Fabianski, how hes even playing for a Premier League team is beyond me. Almunia Icon_neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Almunia 610x

Haha not anymore!!!
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm torn on Wenger in general. On the one hand, Arsenal has been a net-seller on the transfer market over the last several years but manages to maintain a consistent top 4 spot in the table and Champions League participation. Also, Arsenal is about to report a 50 Billion GBP annual profit (or in that neighborhood, if I'm not mistaken).

At the same time, not a single ounce of silverwear in ages.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Should of bought Myhill.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm

In fairness, the defence weren't much better with that goal.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Koscielny just wouldn't close Jara down, and let him have a free shot, Arsenal's whole defence were as bad as Almunia, but his badness stood out more.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Could have had Schwarzer if they had ponied up a bit more dough. Tight asses.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:02 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8025920/Arsene-Wenger-refuses-to-point-finger-of-blame-at-Arsenal-goalkeeper-Manuel-Almunia.html why the fuck not! its he fucking fault!
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:09 pm

xNiPPY wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8025920/Arsene-Wenger-refuses-to-point-finger-of-blame-at-Arsenal-goalkeeper-Manuel-Almunia.html why the fuck not! its he fucking fault!

He's obviously protecting his guy in public. Internally, I'm sure a different tone is being taken.

Also, what's he supposed to say? "The guy I slated for the job sucks donkey balls, but I gotta keep picking him at least until the window reopens"?
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm sorry but anyone that says anything like 'I'm losing faith in Wenger'/'I'm starting to doubt Wenger' etc. can fuck right off now.

After all he's done for our club, what he's turned it into the changes he's made and your turning on him over what? a barren run of cups and his dodgy 'keeper choice? Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:13 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    xNiPPY wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8025920/Arsene-Wenger-refuses-to-point-finger-of-blame-at-Arsenal-goalkeeper-Manuel-Almunia.html why the fuck not! its he fucking fault!

He's obviously protecting his guy in public. Internally, I'm sure a different tone is being taken.

Also, what's he supposed to say? "The guy I slated for the job sucks donkey balls, but I gotta keep picking him at least until the window reopens"?

Yes Almunia Icon_razz
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:17 pm

blackskar wrote:I'm sorry but anyone that says anything like 'I'm losing faith in Wenger'/'I'm starting to doubt Wenger' etc. can fuck right off now.

After all he's done for our club, what he's turned it into the changes he's made and your turning on him over what? a barren run of cups and his dodgy 'keeper choice? Rolling Eyes

He's still an excellent manager in my opinion, but it's been obvious Arsenal needed to upgrade on Almunia ever since he let the Champions League clinching goal slide right through him.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:19 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    blackskar wrote:I'm sorry but anyone that says anything like 'I'm losing faith in Wenger'/'I'm starting to doubt Wenger' etc. can fuck right off now.

He's still an excellent manager in my opinion, but it's been obvious Arsenal needed to upgrade on Almunia ever since he let the Champions League clinching goal slide right through him.

Oh yeah, I agree on that point that Almunia just isn't good enough for a top 4 side and we need a top goalkeeper, such as Given, if we want to move on as a club and challenge properly for the EPL, UCL and other cups.

It's the only place I feel we are weak now. I'm happy with our defence, mid and attack now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:21 pm

we need mart....poom....
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:22 pm

blackskar wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

Oh yeah, I agree on that point that Almunia just isn't good enough for a top 4 side and we need a top goalkeeper, such as Given, if we want to move on as a club and challenge properly for the EPL, UCL and other cups.

It's the only place I feel we are weak now. I'm happy with our defence, mid and attack now.

Given is the most obvious name but it's unfortunate because I just don't see Man City selling or loaning him to Arsenal, for any price or terms. Schwarzer would be an upgrade.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Good words. Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:38 pm

at the end of the day its the players on the pitch at must do the job if they cant do what the manager says then...I donno... Almunia Icon_mad
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:20 am

Our whole team was diabolical but it should have been 2-2. Almunia giving away that penalty wasn't that bad but he shouldn't have really been there to begin with, if Casilias did that i doubt anyone would care so i'm not going to entirely slate him for that. But the goal where he came out by 7 yards and stood watching the ball like a retard was it for me

Diabolical team performance but typical Almunia performance for me
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:45 am

the one where he was running out was bad but what the fuck! how the hell didnt he save the other one thats more of a fabianski error..
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:58 am

xNiPPY wrote:the one where he was running out was bad but what the fuck! how the hell didnt he save the other one thats more of a fabianski error..

omg i just saw that, so fucking bad!!!

Robert Green probably laughed at that attempt at saving
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:54 am

Bear wrote:
    xNiPPY wrote:the one where he was running out was bad but what the fuck! how the hell didnt he save the other one thats more of a fabianski error..

It honestly make green look like the best keeper in the world...
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:01 am

xNiPPY wrote:
    Bear wrote:

Almunia's blunder was almost identical to Green's mistake against the USA, although it was coming at more paste. Still should of been a routine save for him. Almunia Icon_neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:02 am

menalawyerguy wrote:Also, Arsenal is about to report a 50 Billion GBP annual profit (or in that neighborhood, if I'm not mistaken).

I believe those are 3 zeros too many. Laughing
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:58 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    xNiPPY wrote:
    Bear wrote:

Almunia's blunder was almost identical to Green's mistake against the USA, although it was coming at more paste. Still should of been a routine save for him. Almunia Icon_neutral

It was arguably worse because Almunia had the tight angle covered yet he still thumbled it into the corner. If Almunia is rigging games on purpose he's a bloody genius
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:09 am

xNiPPY wrote:we need mart....poom....

Almunia 914411
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:17 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:Also, Arsenal is about to report a 50 Billion GBP annual profit (or in that neighborhood, if I'm not mistaken).

I believe those are 3 zeros too many. Almunia Icon_lol

I wish I could call it a typo but the M is a full two keys away from the B.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:30 am