Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Jamie
Fanatic
Dean
Uncle John from Jamaica
Carlos Jenkinson
Pippo
dena
The Zlatan
Marvin
Jordi
luke.
Theo Filippo
Cadbury
ResurrectionRooney
18 posters

Busquets facing UEFA racism punishment (WARNING BBC LINK)

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Busquets facing UEFA racism punishment (WARNING BBC LINK) Empty Busquets facing UEFA racism punishment (WARNING BBC LINK)

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 13, 2011 7:25 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13381508.stm

Uefa has launched a disciplinary case against Barcelona's Sergio Busquets over alleged racism in the Champions League semi-final with Real Madrid.

Busquets facing UEFA racism punishment (WARNING BBC LINK) _52686107_011803887-1

Real posted a video on their website before the second leg showing Busquets allegedly calling full-back Marcelo "mono" (monkey) in the first leg.

The case will be heard on Sunday with a decision due the next day.

The incident was one of several in a heated tie between the Spanish rivals, which Barca won 3-1 on aggregate.

Both clubs lodged complaints to European football's governing body after an ill-tempered first leg at the Bernabeu, which was won 2-0 by Barcelona.

Madrid were unhappy with the behaviour of the opposing players and the red card shown to midfielder Pepe (one of three dismissals during the game, along with Barca reserve goalkeeper Jose Pinto and Real coach Jose Mourinho).

Barca protested over Mourinho's post-match comments alluding to favours from Uefa in big Champions League games and questioning the Catalan club's relationship with the European governing body.

The complaints were dismissed by Uefa, with Mourinho later handed a five-game European ban for his remarks.

The former Chelsea and Inter Milan boss chose not to speak to the media ahead of the second leg of the semi-final at the Nou Camp, which finished 1-1, thus booking Barca's place in the Champions League final at Wembley, where they will play Manchester United.

Instead, it was left to Mourinho's assistant Aitor Karanka to bemoan Uefa's decision not to act on Real's claims of gamesmanship by Barcelona's players.

He said: "The match has been overshadowed by Uefa's resolution - it's on another plane now.

"We have been punished [with the suspensions for Pepe, Sergio Ramos and Mourinho], but there are [Barcelona] players who didn't respect the principles of fair play or who made racist insults, covering their mouths, who will be on the pitch.

"We say over and over there are double standards."

However, Barca coach Pep Guardiola countered by defending his players.

"My players are an example of professionalism and honesty," he said.

"Real might think we are unsporting but I think exactly the opposite. Fourteen of 20 players in the squad have grown up in this house and they all respect the values of the house.

"Mourinho was at Barcelona for five years and he knows our values: to win, fight and earn respect by respecting your rival."
    Anonymous

Busquets facing UEFA racism punishment (WARNING BBC LINK) Empty Re: Busquets facing UEFA racism punishment (WARNING BBC LINK)

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 am

Ban for obvious piss taking?
    Anonymous

Busquets facing UEFA racism punishment (WARNING BBC LINK) Empty Re: Busquets facing UEFA racism punishment (WARNING BBC LINK)

rofl @ the warning for BBC link. rofl

Don't get pissy with me for laughing either.

Last edited by kyro7 on Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 am

Not cliking link.
    Anonymous

Mono mono
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 am

rofl Legend.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 am

roflroflroflroflrofl

This is brilliant rofl
    Anonymous

Scott wrote:Ban for obvious piss taking?
    Stop crying bitch.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri May 13, 2011 7:27 am

rofl rofl

Class.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:28 am

James ♠ wrote:
    Stop crying bitch.

Gtfo my leg. You follow me around like a lost puppy. I thought Alan was bad, fucking hell.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Fri May 13, 2011 7:28 am

Laughing
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri May 13, 2011 7:28 am

rofl

I called you a cock earlier.

I take it back rofl
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri May 13, 2011 7:29 am

rofl

No but seriously, if found guilty for racism this is big. -_-

But still Laughing
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Fri May 13, 2011 7:29 am

It's not that funny scratch.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:30 am

Fuckin' lol!
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri May 13, 2011 7:30 am

I don't get it shifty
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri May 13, 2011 7:30 am

rofl
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri May 13, 2011 7:30 am

Scott wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:
    Stop crying bitch.

Gtfo my leg. You follow me around like a lost puppy. I thought Alan was bad, fucking hell.
    Can nobody post after you in a thread without being accused of following you around?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:31 am

Cadbury wrote:It's not that funny scratch.

I know, it says a lot that they're all being sheep and posting laughter emoticons.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:32 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:
    Stop crying bitch.

Can nobody post after you in a thread without being accused of following you around?

Except that's not what happens. He goes around quoting me and trying to insult me. Bit different, dickhead.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri May 13, 2011 7:32 am

Scott wrote:

I know, it says a lot that they're all being sheep and posting laughter emoticons.

facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:33 am

Scott wrote:

Doesn't count for me. Coffee
    Anonymous

Scott wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:
    Stop crying bitch.

Don't flatter yourself.
    Anonymous

Scott wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:
    Stop crying bitch.

Excuse me stupid how many fucking times have i quoted you and followed you about. And i would never follow you around anywhere cause im still not sure if you are a wee woofter or not. Busquets facing UEFA racism punishment (WARNING BBC LINK) 950455
    Anonymous

James ♠ wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:
    Stop crying bitch.

Don't flatter yourself.

Still at it? Boring.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri May 13, 2011 7:34 am

Scott wrote:

Senses of humour differ.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri May 13, 2011 7:34 am

Was it that funny?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:35 am

Seriously though, if Busquets is found guilty they should do a lot more than a few games banned an a fine, they want to kick racism out of football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:36 am

Scott wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:
    Stop crying bitch.

Don't flatter yourself.

Still at it? Boring.

Hey man, stop quoting me! Obviously means you are following me.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri May 13, 2011 7:37 am

kyro7 wrote:Seriously though, if Busquets is found guilty they should do a lot more than a few games banned an a fine, they want to kick racism out of football.

You FIFA goon. -_-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 pm