Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Cornholio
El Jefe
Barton
RCFC_Chaos
Ben
Danny
Kuled
menalawyerguy
12 posters

Sam gets fresh about his relationship with Arsene

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Sam gets fresh about his relationship with Arsene Empty Sam gets fresh about his relationship with Arsene

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:31 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=824766&sec=england&cc=4716

September 19, 2010

• Comment
    • Email
    • Print

Sam Allardyce insists he has respect for Arsene Wenger but says there is "not a chance" the Arsenal boss is a more advanced coach.
    Sam gets fresh about his relationship with Arsene Wengerallardyce20100828_275x155

PA Photos

Sam Allardyce believes he is as advanced as Arsene Wenger

Allardyce has long had a fractious relationship with Wenger, and the Blackburn manager has revealed that he has found him difficult from their first meeting over a decade ago.

"I first met Arsene Wenger in 1999 when I was manager of Notts County and we sold Jermaine Pennant to Arsenal for a record £2million," he said in his News of the World column. "I was really looking forward to meeting him but all I got was a handshake. No more.

"We have crossed swords many more times in the years since but I gave up inviting him for a glass of wine after games long ago because I know he won't come.

"The truth is that nobody really knows Arsene Wenger. There certainly aren't too many people who actually get close to him. Sir Alex Ferguson and some of the foreign coaches like Avram Grant always pop in for a drink so I don't think it's a problem with my wine! [Maybe you're just not young enough for his taste, Sam. Not your fault.]

"If that's Arsene's way, though, then I respect that. Maybe he doesn't like me. Maybe he is keen to get on the coach or the plane after fulfilling 45 minutes of post-match media duties." [He just doesn't wanna "cross swords" with you anymore. He found Theo. It's over between you two now]

Allardyce repeated his claim that Wenger is using the media to influence referees in the column, but added: "None of all this affects my view of Wenger.

"I have total respect for the way he changed his philosophy in recent years when the £400 million move to the Emirates Stadium reduced his spending power in the transfer market.

"He hasn't won trophies yet with his current crop but he has stuck to his guns by insisting that nothing will prevent the development of his young players. Arsenal play some wonderful football but what makes the Premier League interesting is the difference in styles between teams."

Allardyce says, though, that he believes he is on an equal footing with Wenger when it comes to management.

"When I say what I think there are people who say "Oh, it's only antiquated Sam Allardyce", and all kinds of b******* like that," he said. "There is a problem with perception. [The perception is you're a fine manager but a whiney bitch. Stfu and manage. Christ.]

"Arsene is seen as a sophisticated Frenchman while I'm just a rugged English centre-half from the Midlands with an accent to match, but is Arsene more advanced than me in terms of coaching? Not a chance.

"Does he use live fitness data on his players during games? Does he study sports psychology every day? Does he use sports science to the extent that I do? I doubt it."

Allardyce also revealed he was disappointed to see Rafael Benitez leave Liverpool this summer.
    "I am gutted that Rafa Benitez has gone. He hated me and I used to love winding him up. For years he came to Bolton and never got a result and used to accuse us of cheating." [That's more like it]

Kuled

Sam gets fresh about his relationship with Arsene Empty Re: Sam gets fresh about his relationship with Arsene

Post by Kuled Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:33 am

Danny
    Danny

Sam gets fresh about his relationship with Arsene Empty Re: Sam gets fresh about his relationship with Arsene

Post by Danny Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:36 am

Whatever Sam's been smokin of late, I want some Laughing
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:37 am

lol @ Big Sam
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:37 am

He is fucking class. rofl
    RCFC_Chaos
    RCFC_Chaos

Post by RCFC_Chaos Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:54 am

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:08 am

Fat Sam is a retard.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:13 am

Big Sam is obviously jealous of Wenger's coaching skills. Sam gets fresh about his relationship with Arsene Icon_lol
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:29 am

Dan wrote:Fat Sam is a retard.
    This.
    He's such an arse-licker too.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5lYQEuoYck
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:36 am

They should start to bring in drug tests for managers as well. Whatever Fat Sam smokes it must be some of Columbia's finest.

Yes I know, I copied that from somebody on Tiki-Taka. Sad
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:38 am

Aren't Columbia known for cocaine?

I would have went for Jamaica's/Afghanistan's/Amsterdam's finest.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:40 am

Fucking colombians.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:41 am

God damn mongowians
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:51 am

them ruskies too
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:53 am

Break down my shitty wall
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:54 am

fucking Scousers too. Dey gone an went an stoll mai tv!
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:56 am

He should stop Arsene about.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:14 am

Pip wrote:He should stop Arsene about.

Sam gets fresh about his relationship with Arsene Affraid
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:19 am

Pip wrote:He should stop Arsene about.

Razz
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:35 am

Allardyce is a fat sack of shit. I love how he thinks that just because he uses more sport science stuff than Wenger that he is a better coach. Maybe he should shut his fat gob until a big team actually come after his services...Twat
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:39 am

Blackburn are massive, they've won the Premier League. shifty
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:19 am

Was anyone listening to 606 on Saturday evening? Some deluded Blackburn fan phoned in and said he should be at a club like R.Madrid or Inter Milan. He did a good job at Bolton, awful job at Newcastle and hasn't done anything amazing at Blackburn lol..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:15 pm