Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
dena
Lux
Coatsy
Dean
arsenalap11
The Zlatan
Theo Filippo
Ben
Cadbury
luke.
14 posters

A question for Arsenal fans.

Anonymous

A question for Arsenal fans. Empty A question for Arsenal fans.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:55 am

Put all the bitterness, anger and the two penalties to one side for a minute, and tell us your real thoughts on the game.

How do you feel about your team's performance against a back four of;

Robsinson Kyrgiakos/Carragher Skrtel Flannagan

... ?

Robinson is 17 years old and he had Walcott in his back pocket. Nasri did cause problems on the left hand side though, I have to say.

Also ..

Arsenal 12 shots, 6 on target

Liverpool 9 shots 5 on target.

Not that much of a difference at all. Yet apparently, we parked the bus? Do you genuinely think that, or were they just hot-headed comments?

I'm just gob-smacked at the ineptitude of the Arsenal attacking force, which consisted the likes of Robin Van Persie, Nasri, Walcott and Fabregas. Against a 17 year old, an 18 year old and two of the slowest centre backs in the League. What is your opinion on that?

Not trying to wind people up, I'm just trying to get your real opinion. Are you really angry at the ref? Are you really angry at our fans? Or are you actually angry at Arsenal once again proving that they don't have the bottle to win any competitions?
    luke.
    luke.

A question for Arsenal fans. Empty Re: A question for Arsenal fans.

Post by luke. Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:56 am

Tbf Walcott isn't really fully fit atm, only played 1 in the last 7 Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:56 am

Arsenal didn't do enough imo.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:57 am

Everything they said would have been knee-jerk. I'm sure they'll ease up over time but yeah.

Can I add another question?
    Do you all really think that Lucas is a shit player who only passes backwards or is that just The-Reporter? Neutral
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:57 am

Scott wrote:
    Not trying to wind people up

Bollocks.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 am

Not enough urgency. Only when song came on did we look slightly more urgent not that we would of scored anyway
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 am

luke. wrote:Tbf Walcott isn't really fully fit atm, only played 1 in the last 7 Neutral
    Even when he is fit running with the ball is not a strength of his.

They'd be better off with:

Walcott
    Arshavin----Van Persie----Nasri
    Wilshere-Fabregas
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 am

Ben wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    Not trying to wind people up

Bollocks.

I don't think he is. It's a valid question, and good question to start a constructive debate.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 am

I thought we should have done better. We weren't clinical enough. Although I don't think you parked the bus, I think it was just your midfield that played fairly deep, I don't think the intention was to be that defensive, your players got back into position all the time and crowded the middle, our pretty intricate passes just weren't doing the job today, I think a more direct approach should have been taken.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:02 am

Tbh I think we should thank Reina, because .. not many keepers would've saved that RVP shot near the end. If that had gone in, I bet we would have lost the game.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:04 am

Lacked width. Your fullbacks didnt have a lot to deal with in fairness but did well, Walcott didn't produce and was predictable today, Nasri caused problems but was better when he moved centrally.

Erm, by parked the bus we mean you had 9 men behind the ball in a lot of the game, which you did.

Those stats mean nothing. We don't shoot from distance, we only shoot from close in, yes that's our problem but as a result we don't have as many shots as we should have had so that stat is pointless and doesn't show the whole story.

You did defend well though, and it's a good tactic and I have nothing against it but in a way yes you parked the bus.

We have a good attacking force, but it relies on teams having a go and us being able to counterattack, and us being able to pass our way through, and people making runs which we didn't today.

I'm not angry at your fans.

I am angry at the ref in a way, because the penalty wasn't one imo, as Lucas simply stopped infront of Eboue and Eboue as a result lost balance and pushed into the back of him and Lucas went over easily, but these things happen, nothing to moan about now.

I think we're getting closer and closer, and after a few signings in the summer, none have to be that big but more experience, we should have enough to win something.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:04 am

Scott wrote:Tbh I think we should thank Reina, because .. not many keepers would've saved that RVP shot near the end. If that had gone in, I bet we would have lost the game.

There were times when Reina could have cost you though as well, I was quite surprised to be fair.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:05 am

ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:Tbh I think we should thank Reina, because .. not many keepers would've saved that RVP shot near the end. If that had gone in, I bet we would have lost the game.

There were times when Reina could have cost you though as well, I was quite surprised to be fair.
    Yeah, the Koscienly header off the bar and Walcott shot.. he was a bit dodgy imo.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:06 am

kyro7 wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:

Yeah, the Koscienly header off the bar and Walcott shot.. he was a bit dodgy imo.

And those two times when he pretty much ran with van Persie towards the by line and left the goal completely open.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:07 am

It was a great of football. Arsenal had lots of the ball, pressed well, but I thought our defence and midfield were supreme. Spearing and Lucas were faultless.

We played on the counter attack (Which suits us) and looked dangerous going forward every time. I thought a draw was a fair result.

Kick in the teeth for Arsenal mind.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:09 am

We dominated you in midfield and kept you in your own half for long periods of the first half.Second half you were a bit better and had some good chances,usually from our own making.

Perhaps we overplayed too much like usual I guess,you defended well with 2 banks of four can't fault your lots work ethic.Thought Lucas was good today (minus falling over-prick) seemed to be everywhere and helped out Flanagan alot after his yellow card aswell as Robinson(who looks to have a bright future).Lucas was outstanding today though and is a descent player,does what he's supposed to do I don't expect him to play these wonderful passes out of midfield hes simply there to break stuff up and lay it off to a more creative midfielder which he does well.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:15 am

Robinson didn't have Walcott in his pocket....Liverpool just set their defence up so far back that Walcott couldn't attack on the counter...Arsenal always had the possession so there wasn't a counter Laughing

Walcott still got crosses/shots away...he just didn't do that well with them.

The "no goals at home in fuck knows how many hours" stat speaks for itself....most teams who go to the Emirates play defensively and they struggle to pass it into the goal. Nothing away from Liverpool...but it's not THAT surprising.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:19 am

I love how people say "not trying to wind anyone up but..." Its the football equivalent to "no offense but...".something offensive is always said after Laughing
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:21 am

Lux wrote:Robinson didn't have Walcott in his pocket....Liverpool just set their defence up so far back that Walcott couldn't attack on the counter...Arsenal always had the possession so there wasn't a counter Laughing

Walcott still got crosses/shots away...he just didn't do that well with them.

The "no goals at home in fuck knows how many hours" stat speaks for itself....most teams who go to the Emirates play defensively and they struggle to pass it into the goal. Nothing away from Liverpool...but it's not THAT surprising.

He did have Walcott in his back pocket. All day long.

Walcott is a typical one trick pony and Jack knew that.

It's go on the outside and the kick the ball infront and run, that is how Walcott plays. He's predictable, just like Bale.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:22 am

dena wrote:I love how people say "not trying to wind anyone up but..." Its the football equivalent to "no offense but...".something offensive is always said after Laughing

It wasn't a wind up post though was it? Some Arsenal fans have responded maturely, which is what I was after.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:30 am

Naaaaaaah its a wind up, there are always people who answer seriously to wind ups. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:31 am

dena wrote:I love how people say "not trying to wind anyone up but..." Its the football equivalent to "no offense but...".something offensive is always said after Laughing
    I'm not being racist but *insert racist comment*.

laugh
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 am

I'm not racist but dena you're a black bastard.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 am

Fuck you Kyro Fuck you
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:38 am

Its the perfect fail safe "not trying to be controversial but I think I hitler was an alright lad" .... but you can't get mad at me cause I was not trying to be controversial shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:38 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Fuck you Kyro Fuck you
    A question for Arsenal fans. Gun_backfire
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:41 am

dena wrote:Its the perfect fail safe "not trying to be controversial but I think I hitler was an alright lad" .... but you can't get mad at me cause I was not trying to be controversial shifty

Why don't you stay on topic?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 am

dena wrote:Naaaaaaah its a wind up, there are always people who answer seriously to wind ups. Neutral
    This is not about you. Please stay on topic.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:51 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    dena wrote:Naaaaaaah its a wind up, there are always people who answer seriously to wind ups. Neutral

-_-
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:53 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

-_-
    not worthy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 8:33 am