Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Pippo
JJ
Weather130
Keanoo
Kris
9 posters

Danish Superliga, cup and National Team thread

Kris
    Kris

Danish Superliga, cup and National Team thread Empty Danish Superliga, cup and National Team thread

Post by Kris Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:46 am

I decided to make a thread about the NT and the league, seeing as I doubt the interest for Danish football isn't the biggest on this place, but still worthy of a thread.

I'll start out with the Superliga, formerly called SAS-Ligaen, until the sponsorship from SAS ended last season. The league has experienced a growth over the last few years, which a few CHL groupstages and EL/UEFA cup groupstages to show for it. One of the reasons the league has been growing, is a part of the law around taxes, meaning that someone can come in from a foreign country and pay a severely reduced tax for 3 years (which is why so many foreign players sign 3 year contracts). FCK is currently the powerhouse of the Danish league, where OB and Brøndby are the usual top challengers.

FCK are the current champions, with OB having finished second and Brøndby third last season. Nordsjælland won the cup, with Midtjylland as runners up.

This season, Midtjylland and Lyngby got a great start, while AaB and Esbjerg has got a bad start.

------------------------------------------------
    The Danish NT is in the same qualification group as Iceland, Cyprus, Portugal and Norway. A good start result-wise against Iceland, has sent us to being second in our qualifications group.

The NT's only honors are winning the European Championship in 92 and King Fahd cup in 95. Currently, our most profilic players are Bendtner and Agger.
    Anonymous

Danish Superliga, cup and National Team thread Empty Re: Danish Superliga, cup and National Team thread

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:58 pm

I don't follow Danish football, but I guess I like Midtjylland because that's were Mohamed Zidan made a name for himself (literally if you think about the "Zidan Arena"). Laughing
    Kris
    Kris

Danish Superliga, cup and National Team thread Empty Re: Danish Superliga, cup and National Team thread

Post by Kris Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Ah, yea, Zidan. The most stkillful player i've ever seen in the Danish league. He was great for both AB and Midtjylland. He was 2-3 levels over everyone else when playing in Denmark.

FCK won the new firm yesterday, 2-0 and are leading the league.

Another rivalry match, Lyngby-FCN is played tonight. I wonder if I should skip out on uni tomorrow, if Lyngby loses (my university is in Lyngby), because Lyngby supporters hate Nordsjælland and that for a good reason (I don't hate Lyngby, I like them and I hope they stay up).
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:25 am

Team of the week (week 9)

----------------------Pedersen---------------------
    Priske---------Larsen-------Antonsson-----Bengtsson
    Bolaños--------Kvist------Wichmann-----------Larsen
    -----------------------Aabech----------------------
    -----------------------Santin-----------------------
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Go Denmark go!
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:21 pm

With how FCK's season so far does it mean they have pretty much wrapped up the league and will be certain champions? Also has anyone have a perfect season in the history of Danish football?
    JJ
    JJ

Supports : FC København

Post by JJ Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:36 am

Weather130 wrote:With how FCK's season so far does it mean they have pretty much wrapped up the league and will be certain champions?
    Pretty much yeah ... 24pts over number two in the league. with 8 matches left Cool
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon May 02, 2011 2:34 am

Might as well say that FCK are the champions of Denmark. Watched every game of theirs o=in the Champions League and they are a class team.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon May 02, 2011 2:39 am

Had them in my accumulator, going well.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Mon May 02, 2011 3:07 am

Another season where most of the league have been up and down a lot, this time though FCK decided not to take part in this mess and had the best season anyone can remember, along with being the first team from Denmark to go through to the round of 16, and earn a lot of UEFA points so the lesser teams here can look forward to European matches in the coming seasons. Although if transfer rumors have it FCK might very well be one of those lesser teams next year, with 3 of the 4 defenders all leaving along with N'doye, the chances of a repeat performance aren't gonna be the same. FC Midtjylland who for a while looked as one of the few teams that had a chance against FCK, and did take the first win after the winterbreak against FCK have been slipping, but i do believe that in the coming years they will be the ones FCK have to look out for.

at the moment i can't help but root for Aab, they went out of 2010 being last in the league with a crushing 6-0 defeat against OB. They took home a lost son from Austria and loaned 2 rather big danish profiles from Europe, finally they have been able to string a few together and have them selves a nice spot above the line. I believe they will live on in the league and anyone that were following them in Europe a few years ago now, can hope that they get back there, as FCK fans put it, "Amongst the stars".
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 am

Is Zanka one of those defenders? I rate him highly?
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Mon May 02, 2011 3:20 am

No Mathias "Zanka" Jørgensen is staying with the club most likely, he unlike the others (Zdenk Pospech, Oscar Wendt & Mikael Antonsson) has quite a few years left on his contract, and as he said himself he is not thinking about leaving the club and couldn't imagine them letting him leave now that the other 3 are. Besides that he has a few things to learn still imo, but could very well be a huge factor in the coming season. I believe they will sign Dutchman Jos Hooiveld and keep Solvi Ottesen (who has been out for a long time with injury) and run with those 3 as CBs as it very much also looks like swedish defender Peter Antonsson is going to be traded with Helsingborg, possibly for an attacker or sold as they have been very satisfied with his loanspell which would come to an end during the summer.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Mon May 02, 2011 3:23 am

Good. Wheres N'Doye been linked to then?
    JJ
    JJ

Post by JJ Sun May 15, 2011 5:16 am

Muhkoo wrote:No Mathias "Zanka" Jørgensen is staying with the club most likely, he unlike the others (Zdenk Pospech, Oscar Wendt & Mikael Antonsson) has quite a few years left on his contract, and as he said himself he is not thinking about leaving the club and couldn't imagine them letting him leave now that the other 3 are. Besides that he has a few things to learn still imo, but could very well be a huge factor in the coming season. I believe they will sign Dutchman Jos Hooiveld and keep Solvi Ottesen (who has been out for a long time with injury) and run with those 3 as CBs as it very much also looks like swedish defender Peter Antonsson is going to be traded with Helsingborg, possibly for an attacker or sold as they have been very satisfied with his loanspell which would come to an end during the summer.

Larsson*
    He might be traded with some cash for one of them strikers. Alexander Gerndt.
    But another option would be the other Norwegian: Erik Huseklepp. After his move to Bari, in Italy, a few months ago. The club told him that he is not any longer in their' future plans.
    Also a player we have had an eye on before.

What N'Doye concerns I really hope he stays for another 6 months.

Other than that we have plenty of other players that may be on the way out. Mathias Zanka Jørgensen, William Kvist, Martin Vingaard, Johan Wiland and César Santin.
    All players are either starters or benchwarmers...

We are losing Zdenék Pospéch (Mainz 05), Oscar Wendt and Mikael Antonsson for sure..
    With the incoming of Johnny Thomsen (SønderjyskE) for the right-back/right mid position. A hard worker and runner. But I am not sure, if hes good enough, for the start elleven.
    That is also why, I am expecting another player for the right-back position, to fully replace Pospéch.

Other news today : our current manager Ståle Solbakken have signed with the German Bundesliga club FC Köln
    The deal with our next manager; Roland Nilsson (Malmö FF) this summer, should almost be a done deal.

Last edited by JJ on Sun May 15, 2011 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Sun May 15, 2011 6:11 am

Yea i got them swedes confused there i guess.

I think when Johnny Thomsen gets sometime playing with the team he'll fit right in, the times I've seen Sønderjyske he is always one of their best, consistently.

Kvist's possible move to Stuttgard seems to be the most interesting of the lot, and the move for Ståle to Köln of all places i did not see coming. But well, its obvious for everyone that they need to have a very active transfer window if they want to win the next season as well.
    JJ
    JJ

Post by JJ Sun May 15, 2011 7:20 am

A few transfer options :

Lars Jacobsen (West Ham) Looks like they will be relegated, and he will most likely be looking out for a new club.
    Kris Stadsgaard (Malaga CF) If we lose Zanka. He could be a serious candidate to take over.
    Daniel Jensen (Werder Bremen) Not much time on the pitch for the rather old midfielder. He needs to play, and FC Copenhagen seems to be like a good option
    Christian Poulsen (Liverpool FC) Same as abose really. A short loan could be possible(?) This ofc would only be if Kvist gets sold.
    Alexander Gerndt (Helsingborgs IF) Possibly to be traded with Peter Larsson+cash, who is loaned out from Copenhagen to Helsingborgs
    Erik Huseklepp (AS Bari)

Both Jacobsen and Poulsen has earlier represented the biggest club in Scandinavia.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 8:26 am

Why is Solbakken (sp?) leaving FCK?
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Sun May 15, 2011 9:49 am

Originally, he signed a contract with the Norwegean FA, to be the manager of the NT. After the CHL success, as well as managing the most successful Danish league team ever (I'm sure they'll break the record), I guess he was looking for bigger challenges.

The relegation battle is far from shut, where my favorite team FC Nordsjælland is caught up in the bottom, where 5 points seperate SønderjyskE (11th, just below the line) and Horsens (6th), and Esbjerg only being 2 points after SE, in the bottom of the league. Nordsjælland is one point ahead of SE. 4 matches to go for most teams, except Randers who lost against OB today.
    JJ
    JJ

Post by JJ Sun May 15, 2011 10:13 am

Muhkoo wrote:Yea i got them swedes confused there i guess.

I think when Johnny Thomsen gets sometime playing with the team he'll fit right in, the times I've seen Sønderjyske he is always one of their best, consistently.

Kvist's possible move to Stuttgard seems to be the most interesting of the lot, and the move for Ståle to Köln of all places i did not see coming. But well, its obvious for everyone that they need to have a very active transfer window if they want to win the next season as well.

I'm abit scared that he will take a couple of players with him actually. This could be Zanka, Kvist, Vingaard or even N'Doye ..
    He might take Wendt but he is lost for us anyway .
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Sun May 15, 2011 10:36 am

I kinda like the relegation battle this year, in theory no team below the UEFA Spots is safe yet, with 4 games to play for every team even Silkeborg in 5th spot could go down if they don't win any games from now.

Last year i found myself hoping for Randers to stay up, they had some underdog feel to it, this year i kind of hope they are the ones to go down, you don't get to be the underdog 2 years in a row. Could take Lyngby or Esbjerg with em.

Bought tickets for the cup final, although i don't prefer either team i end up sitting in the FC Nordsjælland family section. I hope they can take it again and that they of course don't have to go down.

Also, National team stuff.

Possible callup for Kasper Schmeichel and Boilesen. Of course there are 38 other people on the list but i found those 2 the most important/interesting. It should be clear to every football fan here that KS is better than both Stephan Andersen and Jesper Christiansen (Also bench warmer Kim Christensen), imo a clear second choice to Thomas Sørensen who did perform amazing in the FA Cup final (Cupfighter i would say). Schemichel has been a long time coming, it's been a while since he was with any of the national teams so i hope he gets to go with them to Iceland. Which leads me to Boilesen and why he should be called up for Iceland. I think that he is the best offensive fullback we have right now and we are gonna need all the attacking creativity we can get if we want 3 points in Iceland, they were hard to break through at home and will be even harder at home i think. He is however lacking in defense when he comes up against a more experienced player, but i don't really know enough about iceland to say if that would be a real problem.
    JJ
    JJ

Post by JJ Mon May 16, 2011 2:20 am

I will go with Esbjerg and Lyngby to be relegated. Especially after todays matches.

I hope for Schmeichel and Boilesen aswell. And I think Boilesen will get picked out, for the CB/LB.
    I'm a bit unsure about Schmeichel tbh. But with the season all the other GKs had. I would give him a chance.

Gz on the 30th season title for Ajax.
    And good to see two Danish youngsters, in what was an amazing "final".
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Fri May 20, 2011 8:24 am

The first "big" transfer in the league this season has finally been confirmed, talks already in January about Daniel Wass (RB For Brøndby, u-21 and A- National squads) going to Benfica, but now he finally confirmed it himself and will be heading off to Portugal after the U-21 tournament here.
    JJ
    JJ

Post by JJ Fri May 20, 2011 9:27 pm

(N'Doye hattrick) FC Copenhagen 5 - 2 FC Midtjylland
    Dame N'Doye extends his contract with the Scandinavian giants. So it runs out in 2014.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Fri May 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Nice way for N'Doye to celebrate his new contract. FCK also broke the record for most points in a Superliga season (78 points now).

And I was watching that interview with Wass yesterday. When he said "Europa league" and championship battle, I just knew he'd say he's going to Benfica. I think he'll fit in well in Portugal, when he learns the language.

I must admit that before Schmeichel went to Leeds, I was against the idea of having him playing on the NT. Now that he's playing on a decent level (I guess the Championship is comparable to Superligaen), and from what I read here, doing well, I think he deserves a chance too.

Luckily, FCN took a huge step away from relegation against Randers. Two points in the last two games and there's no relegation for FCN. When it comes to Esbjerg, I think they'll be hoping to do the AGF next season.

About the NT, I think we should use a defensively strong LB, because he'll be directly up against Gyfli Sigurdsson from Hoffenheim, who I've heard is a really good player. That being said, I wouldn't mind Wass being picked in the right side, as I find him to be the better attacking player.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Mon May 23, 2011 3:46 am

Cup final about to kick off. Nordsjælland - Midtjylland.

Funny facts:
    - Nordsjælland have never lost a cup final (played in one - 2010)
    - Midtjylland have never won a cup final (played in three - 2003, 2005, 2010)
    - It's the exact same final as last year

Lineups.

Nordsjælland:

---------------Hansen--------------
    Kildentoft--Okore--Bjelland--Oviedo
    ----------Adu-------Parkhurst------
    Laudrup------Stokholm-----Mikkelsen
    ---------------Lawan---------------

Midtjylland:
    ---------Igboun----Thygesen--------
    Hassan---J.Poulsen--Izunna----Olsen
    Juelsgård----Ipsa---Bak------Hansen
    ---------------Lössl---------------
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Mon May 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Was a great match, had a lot of fun among the FCN supporters. Much better match compared to last year. Only thing is that Ken Fagerberg (FCM) should have had a Red card at the end of the match horrible tackle, worthless player.
    JJ
    JJ

Post by JJ Mon May 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Gratz! Well deserved.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Tue May 24, 2011 3:59 am

the "almost final squad im still not sure maybe they will be injured in the last league matches" squad list for the u21 is out.

Goalkeepers:
    Jonas Lössl, FC Midtjylland
    Mikkel Andersen, Reading
    Nicklas Wier Højlund, Lyngby

Defenders:
    Anders Randrup, Brøndby
    Andreas Bjelland, FC Nordsjælland
    Frederik Sørensen, Juventus
    Jannik Vestergaard, Hoffenheim
    Jesper Juelsgård, FC Midtjylland
    Lasse Nielsen, AaB
    Mads Fenger, Randers FC
    Mathias 'Zanka' Jørgensen, FC København
    Michael Lumb, AaB
    Nicolai Boilesen, Ajax
    Simon Kjær, Wolfsburg

Midfielders:
    Daniel Wass, Brøndby
    Christian Eriksen, Ajax
    Kasper Povlsen, AGF
    Mads Albæk, FC Midtjylland
    Matti Lund Nielsen, FC Nordsjælland
    Mike Jensen, Brøndby
    Bashkim Kadrii, OB
    Henrik Dalsgaard, AaB

Attackers:
    Nicki Bille Nielsen, Villarreal
    Nicolai Jørgensen, Leverkusen
    Nicolaj Agger, Brøndby
    Simon Makienok Christoffersen, HB Køge
    Søren Frederiksen, SønderjyskE
    I crossed over who i personally believe won't make it, although im probably wrong.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Tue May 24, 2011 5:22 am

Looks like a good squad, even though I believe Nielsen will be picked over Vestergaard. I'm surprised that Dalsgaard was chosen over Laudrup, and AC wasn't chosen at all.

Unfortunately, I couldn't be in Parken, was studying with a friend :/
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Wed May 25, 2011 1:41 am

the 23 going to Iceland on the 4th of June have been announced.

Goalkeepers
    Thomas Sørensen, Stoke City
    Stephan Andersen, Brøndby IF
    Kasper Schmeichel, Leeds United
    Defenders
    Daniel Wass, Brøndby IF
    Lars Jacobsen, West Ham United FC
    Simon Busk Poulsen, AZ Alkmaar
    Leon Jessen, 1. FC Kaiserslautern
    Bo Svensson, 1. FSV Main 05
    Simon Kjær, VfL Wolfsburg
    Mathias "Zanka" Jørgensen, FC København
    Midfielders
    Jakob Poulsen, FC Midtjylland
    Christian Poulsen, Liverpool FC
    William Kvist, FC København
    Kasper Lorentzen, FC Randers
    Niki Zimling, NEC Nijmegen
    Dennis Rommedahl, Olympiacos SC
    Thomas Enevoldsen, FC Groningen
    Michael Krohn-Dehli, Brøndby IF
    Lasse Schöne, NEC Nijmegen
    Christían Eriksen, AFC Ajax Amsterdam
    Attackers
    Nicklas Bendtner, Arsenal FC
    Mads Junker, Roda JC
    Morten Skoubo, Roda JC

Daniel Agger (obviously) out with Injury is the only sure man that weren't picked. Im not sure why Morten "Duncan" Rasmussen wasn't picked over Skoubo. On the other hand im happy that Zimling is there, he has been an important figure for NEC this season. Nicolai Boilesen did not make the cut but is training with the squad until the U21 gathering. Schmeichel did make the team but unless Sørensen gets an injury he'll only be watching for ash clouds

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:24 am