Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
chiboygeorge
Jamie
Sheppy
Barton
Cadbury
Cornholio
Ricardo
fluffy_kittens
Dean
SBSP
Carlos Jenkinson
Sean
Drake
17 posters

Two EPL teams ban coloured boots for Youth players.

Drake
    Drake

Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. Empty Two EPL teams ban coloured boots for Youth players.

Post by Drake Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:29 am

Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. Article-0-0BA1509700000578-846_306x200Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. Article-0-0BA150FA00000578-525_306x200
    Colour clash: Malouda’s white and yellow (left) and Ibrahimovic’s red (right)

Manchester United and Sunderland have banned their young players from wearing outlandish coloured boots and made them wear traditional black instead.

With superstars such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Wayne Rooney used to promote models in every colour of the rainbow, a new study reveals that the humble black boot is in danger of dying out.
    But Sunderland boss Steve Bruce says young players should earn the right to wear coloured boots, and supports the policy adopted by his club's academy directors, Ged McNamee and Kevin Ball, which insists parents buy only black.

Bruce's views are echoed by Sir Alex Ferguson at United, where academy graduates are given black Nike boots with studs and no blades. Middlesbrough have a similar arrangement with adidas and Everton also apply a black boots policy at their academy.

Bruce said: 'It's like sweets in a shop. The brighter the boots, the more kids want them, but let's face it, coloured boots are just a gimmick. They do not make anyone play any better, nor any worse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1377003/As-flashy-footwear-threatens-kill-traditional-black--clubs-colour-boot.html?ITO=1490
    Sean

Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. Empty Re: Two EPL teams ban coloured boots for Youth players.

Post by Sean Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:30 am

Dont see why its a problem
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. Empty Re: Two EPL teams ban coloured boots for Youth players.

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 am

Dying out rofl
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:45 am

Nothing better to do? Laughing
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:46 am

Fucking hell, this is Virtual Pro shit. Next they'll be banning un-tucking your shirt.

'Sorry son, put your shirt back in your shorts please, gorra score 5 headed goals to do that'

SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:49 am

Dean wrote:Fucking hell, this is Virtual Pro shit. Next they'll be banning un-tucking your shirt.

'Sorry son, put your shirt back in your shorts please, gorra score 5 headed goals to do that'

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 am

Dean wrote:Fucking hell, this is Virtual Pro shit. Next they'll be banning un-tucking your shirt.

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:53 am

That already is banned.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:58 am

lol!
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:58 am

Sean wrote:Dont see why its a problem
    agreed haha always liked Bendtner's pink and Sebestian Le Toux's purple
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Laughing
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:02 pm

ahlycotc wrote:

That already is banned.
    silent...
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:22 pm

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:23 pm

Think it was an old story? Sure i've seen this before.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:24 pm

James ♠ wrote:Think it was an old story? Sure i've seen this before.

this.

I can see why they are doing it.

Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:04 pm

Dean Laughing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:19 pm

I think we started this after leeds beat us.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Bruce said: 'It's like sweets in a shop. The brighter the boots, the more kids want them, but let's face it, coloured boots are just a gimmick. They do not make anyone play any better, nor any worse.

Well then whats the point in banning them? Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. 894246
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:41 pm

I think it's a thing to do with keeping the young players grounded. Lets face it, we all hate those cunts who wear the flashy coloured boots who think they are the next Ronaldo. They wear the colour boots and automatically think they are greater than everyone else. I quite like the idea.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:41 pm

It's to instill discipline. Most kids think they've made it when they join a big clubs academy. The fact is they haven't. And these type of things are knocking them down a peg and reminding them there is still a way to go.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:10 am

Wearing coloured boots means fuck all Neutral
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:44 am

Seriously, this probably only happens in England. Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. 58503
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:00 am

chiboygeorge wrote:Seriously, this probably only happens in England. Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. 58503

Yeah, stupid England.. facepalm

I mean, Everton, Man United and Middlesbrough all have shite academies that produce shit players. Must be this.. facepalm
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:03 am

Middlesbrough have more youth players in the England team than Liverpool shifty

Johnson + Downing vs Gerrard ?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:04 am

Lux wrote:Middlesbrough have more youth players in the England team than Liverpool shifty

Johnson + Downing vs Gerrard ?

I was being sarcastic you melon.. Neutral
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 am

Laughing

Fergie and Bruce eh? Soon Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp will adapt the same approach.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:09 am

I thought the same Laughing
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Dan wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:Seriously, this probably only happens in England. Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. 58503

Yeah, stupid England.. Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. 58503

I mean, Everton, Man United and Middlesbrough all have shite academies that produce shit players. Must be this.. Two  EPL teams  ban coloured boots for Youth players. 58503
    Seriously you need to stop this, every comment I make about England you think that I think that everything about England is shit. I would think you know of me better but I don't go around saying shit statements about England or the league because I dearly appreciate and love the English League.

I never assumed that those teams produce shit players and so so because that would be an ignorant statement because I know very well that they have very good youths from those teams. (not so sure about Boro)

I only say this happens in England because of "old school" mentality like what they used to do back in the days. I didn't make my statement to say that this is a bad thing but I mean this would be very annoying if I was deprived of wearing the type of boots I want because someone believes something else. etc.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:31 pm

It could be a good thing. It's the kind of ban that'll bring these fancy Dan's down a peg or two and make them realise they haven't made it yet.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Dan wrote:It's to instill discipline. Most kids think they've made it when they join a big clubs academy. The fact is they haven't. And these type of things are knocking them down a peg and reminding them there is still a way to go.

Although I kind of agree with you, if that were the case, wouldn't it mean that they didn't have the correct mentality for football, and them not making it could be right thing for a number of reasons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:46 pm