Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
moscowmadeit3
El Jefe
Mario
Uncle John from Jamaica
Ben
Drake
Mal
Carlos Jenkinson
Jord
Kuled
luke.
blackskar
Jordi
Pippo
Zzonked
19 posters

Post your teams best youth

Anonymous

Post your teams best youth - Page 2 Empty Re: Post your teams best youth

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:20 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:I still don't know how people know al this about young kids though. Do people go watch youth games or something? I'd feel like a bit of a peed.
    Well for an Arsenal fan it's fairly easy/simple with the youth team blogs and constant videos/compilations of the players.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:25 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:I still don't know how people know al this about young kids though. Do people go watch youth games or something? I'd feel like a bit of a peed.

City did post a lot of academy highlights and profiles at the start of the season. They've stopped doing it as much but you spot a few standout players.

That and reading posts from people who go to youth games on the City forum is where I get my opinions from.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:26 am

Dan wrote:Jack Robinson - LB
    Suso - CM/AM
    Andre Wisdom - CB/CM
    Krisztian Adorjan AM/CF
    Adam Morgan - CF
    John Flanagan - RB
    Raheem Sterling - Winger
    Conor Coady - CB/CM
    Jack Dunn - CM

I'd have to say, Suso, Wisdom, the two full-backs, Sterling and Dunn are probably the most exciting. Dunn in particular. He's still only at under-16 level, so not much can be said about him, but he's hit 25 goals from midfield already this season. He's a top talent.

I think Adorjan doesn't get the credit he deserves sometimes, his through-balls are sexual and his overall link-up play is one of the main reasons Sterling, Suso and Morgan are so effective, he draws defenders out of positions and puts them on the back foot.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:27 am

Santa Cruz wrote:Phil Jones (19)

Junior Hoilett (20)

Jason Lowe (19)

Grant Hanley (19)

I forgot about Ruben Rochina he's 19 fast as fuck and he can finish plays for our reserves and scored loads of goals for them.
    Signed him from Barca for 1m but they have a buy back clause -_-
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:27 am

I used to meet Milner loads seeing as he lived really near me and was always in the local Cricket Club. Played with him messing around at football a few times on the fields next to the club, he never tried at all then suddenly he would skin the whole team 3 times and unleash a screamer, then go back to chatting again. Laughing Been out with Aidan quite a few times as well, know him through some good friends.

For Arsenal fans - http://younggunsblog.co.uk/

Thats probably the most informative Arsenal blog about
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:37 am

I used to meet Milner loads seeing as he lived really near me and was always in the local Cricket Club. Played with him messing around at football a few times on the fields next to the club, he never tried at all then suddenly he would skin the whole team 3 times and unleash a screamer, then go back to chatting again. Laughing Been out with Aidan quite a few times as well, know him through some good friends.

LFCTV shows lots of reserves/U 18 matches, I know lots of the Liverpool lads on here are pretty keen on watching them when they're on.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:39 am

Jay.Davies11 wrote:

LFCTV shows lots of reserves/U 18 matches, I know lots of the Liverpool lads on here are pretty keen on watching them when they're on.

Yer, when there nothing to do. Plus they show all the youth goals on the Tv a lot.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:03 am

Cairney - Central midfielder. Was ace in the PL last season, although has been knocked back down to earth in Championship. Composed on the ball and knows how to pick out a pass. This guy is basically the same as Charlie Adam. Can pass, shoot from long range and take set pieces. Difference is, Cairney is 5 years younger than Adam.

Cooper - Centre back. Hasn't broke into the team and is currently on loan at Carlisle where he is doing well. He was given chances in the PL and did well. Especially against Arsenal when he came on. Will most likely come into the team next season if Gerrard or Hobbs don't sign permanently.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:48 am

I watch the Arsenal reserves when they play at Underhill. Most of them are my age so it doesn't make me feel, as you say like a peed.

Even if you was 50 you shouldn't feel like a paedo anyway. Unless you are one.. shifty
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:20 am

Pogba CAM - Tall, strong, fast, great shot on him. We went through enough shit to get him and looks so promising. Only just turned 18 and looks great.

Morrison ST/LW/RW - Top class, as long as he keeps out of shit he'll go far.

William Keane ST - Good young talent and an eye for goal. Only 17 and already banging a few in for the reserves.

Tunnicliffe CM - Strong CM who puts himself about, Fergie rates him highly and was on the bench a few times in the FA cup.

Petrucci CM/CF - When playing in Roma he was tipped as the next Totti. Although he has suffered a lot of injuries in the last 2 seasons. Back now and in his first game back he got two assists.

Other players who look good -
    Cofie
    Thrope
    Charni Ekangamene (Only getting a mention as I have him on PS3 shifty )
    Daehli - Only 16 and got bags of skill.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:08 am

Mal wrote:

I watch the Arsenal reserves when they play at Underhill. Most of them are my age so it doesn't make me feel, as you say like a peed.

Even if you was 50 you shouldn't feel like a paedo anyway. Unless you are one.. shifty
    It was fitting that moscow posted right after this Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 am

Jay.Davies11 wrote:
    Suso - CM/AM
    Andre Wisdom - CB/CM
    Krisztian Adorjan AM/CF
    Adam Morgan - CF
    John Flanagan - RB
    Raheem Sterling - Winger
    Conor Coady - CB/CM
    Jack Dunn - CM

I'd have to say, Suso, Wisdom, the two full-backs, Sterling and Dunn are probably the most exciting. Dunn in particular. He's still only at under-16 level, so not much can be said about him, but he's hit 25 goals from midfield already this season. He's a top talent.

I think Adorjan doesn't get the credit he deserves sometimes, his through-balls are sexual and his overall link-up play is one of the main reasons Sterling, Suso and Morgan are so effective, he draws defenders out of positions and puts them on the back foot.

I think he's quality. Definitely one of the key players in the team at the moment, just plays that position that nobody seems to notice on the pitch.
    Jaetinh
    Jaetinh

Post by Jaetinh Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:51 am

RB: Dani Carvajal (19)
    CB: Derik Osede (18), Ivan Sáez (17)
    LB: Diego Caballo (17), Noblejas (17)
    CM/CAM: Enzo Zidane (16), Àlex (18), Sergio Aguza (18)
    WING: Pablo Sarabia (18)
    ATT: Àlvaro Morata (18), Jesé (18)

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:55 am

Jaetinh wrote:RB: Dani Carvajal (19)

Is he 16 now? Fuck me.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:56 am

polska. wrote:Anyway, Wisla doesn't have any particularly amazing youth players.

Unless you count Malecki who is 22, but I don't.

Our best prospect is Daniel Cyzio, and we have Michal Czekaj and Michal Chrapek who all look like future Ekstraklasa class players though.

Filip Kurto does look like a good goalkeeper prospect as well.

Kurto was class on FM10. The others never made it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:58 am

Dan wrote:
    Jay.Davies11 wrote:
    Suso - CM/AM
    Andre Wisdom - CB/CM
    Krisztian Adorjan AM/CF
    Adam Morgan - CF
    John Flanagan - RB
    Raheem Sterling - Winger
    Conor Coady - CB/CM
    Jack Dunn - CM

I think he's quality. Definitely one of the key players in the team at the moment, just plays that position that nobody seems to notice on the pitch.

Looks like a proper number 7. Links up play well, and good infront off goal.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:00 am

LFCJordan wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Jay.Davies11 wrote:
    Suso - CM/AM
    Andre Wisdom - CB/CM
    Krisztian Adorjan AM/CF
    Adam Morgan - CF
    John Flanagan - RB
    Raheem Sterling - Winger
    Conor Coady - CB/CM
    Jack Dunn - CM

Looks like a proper number 7. Links up play well, and good infront off goal.

Yeah, defo. He's got a lot of potential, kind of good he doesn't get the attention others do. Less pressure on him then. Got high hopes for him.
    Jaetinh
    Jaetinh

Post by Jaetinh Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:01 am

Dan wrote:
    Jaetinh wrote:RB: Dani Carvajal (19)

Is he 16 now? Fuck me.

Yes, which will mean he'll be in FM2012. Smile

Only a few more years until you people will see him in action.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:08 am

Paul Pogba -is a really good player strong on the ball and has a cracking shot

Ryan Tunnicliffe- Probably doesn't have a much technical ability as the best players but easily makes up for it in drivers and commintment

Ravel Morrison- Everyone knows about

Davide Petrucci- is a really exiting talent. He's be injured a lot so im not sure if he'll make it sadly. He has played well in his games in the last few weeks though.

John Cofie- Is a really powerful striker, will be interesting to see what he's like against "proper" footballers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:09 am

Pip wrote:
    polska. wrote:Anyway, Wisla doesn't have any particularly amazing youth players.

Our best prospect is Daniel Cyzio, and we have Michal Czekaj and Michal Chrapek who all look like future Ekstraklasa class players though.

Check FM11, Cyzio and Czekaj are quality.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:10 am

Adam Thompson - 18 - 1 Northern Ireland cap, already holding up defensively, aerially and coming forward as a right back...pretty sure this lad had Premier League quality in him.

Marvin Sordell - 20 - Just turned 20, first season breaking into the first team and despite only being a regular for parts of the season (21 starts, 16 subs) he's notched up 10 goals and that's impressive as no other person 21 or younger has as many as him in this league. Impressed Liverpool scouts who were looking at Wickham earlier in the season. I reckon he could be a Premier League striker....if Graham is sold in the Summer we'll be hoping he can score 20.

Matt Winchelow - 19 - 3 starts, 12 subs and 3 goals...from a winger that's a pretty good return. He's got pace.....and lots of it....he's got trickery and a decent shot too. Could do with some height, but he's a promising talent anyway.

Sean Murray - 17 - Definitely our biggest talent. Not broke into the first team yet but he has been the star man in many academy and reserve matches. Manchester City wanted him but he decided to stick with us....too early to say but could be a class Premier League player.

Jonathan Bond - 17 - Already the Wales u21 goalkeeper......scored a goal against Russia for them Laughing. He doesn't get a look in for us because we have Loach but I'd say if Loach were to go he'd be the long term replacement. He might climb above our level though....
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 am

polska. wrote:
    Pip wrote:

Check FM11, Cyzio and Czekaj are quality.

I know they are.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:02 am

How the fuck could I forget Pogba? He's a fucking beast.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:02 am

What about Abdi İbrahim? Is he any good zonked?
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:09 am

Was it Ibrahim that was given some 1st team start last season after being raved about?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:11 am

Marvin wrote:What about Abdi İbrahim? Is he any good zonked?

Yeah, he's meant to be good. Forgot about him. Probably because he's on loan and with the first team, I was mostly focusing on academy players.

Saw him when he played against Liverpool, didn't look too out of place.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:52 pm

for the Wellington Phoenix our best youth prospect was Marco Rojas, then he left and went to Melbourne Neutral

now we have James Musa and thats basically it TBH. Pavlovic is pretty shit......

we also used to have Kosta Barbarouses, but we let him go to the Roar and well just ask GK01 (Sam) how good he has been Crying or Very sad

No doubt we'll let some youth players trial with us. Last season we had Sean Lovelock trial and he was bloody good in the pre-season match against Brisbane. He had bags of pace Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:45 pm